JESUS LIVES...TEBOW'S AN ALL-PRO +CERTAIN PRO BOWLER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JESUS LIVES...TEBOW'S AN ALL-PRO +CERTAIN PRO BOWLER!

currently he is in fourth with the fans in total votes over brady, big ben and others. of course thats only one-third. my guess is that with his fellow players (esp those who have to stop him) and smart coaches who study film and see all that he contributes to winning and how he has the BEST the td/int rate in the HISTORY of any qb at this stage in his career, he could be picking up a lot of votes for hawaii. doesnt hurt though that schaub is out of it, manning's hurt and brady will once again create an excuse to not show up when voted in. andy dalton, flacco, big ben, hasselbeck, sanchize, fitzpatrick, palmer, rivers (yikes).. of that group, i'm taking tebow, big ben, and dalton with flacco as first alternate!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?

4th in the AFC makes him below Brady , BR, and Fitz. Since I think only 2 QBs go that would put him out. Plus I think he'll drop because they will eventually lose a game and coaches probably won't rate him very high. Personally I don't have a big problem with where he's at, the only QBs I can think of that are clearly better in the AFC are Hasselback and maybe Dalton. With Schaub out, Palmer just starting, and Campbell out pickings are slim. I suppose you could make a case for Moore and Sanchez but after the first 3 (Brady, BR, and Fitz) the drop off is so big that I don't really care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

He won't get in because his support lies only with a certain clique of football fans, apparently because of a religious bias for him.  

He is an awful QB.  His team is winning despite his lack of skills, a' la the Ravens with Dilfer in 2000. He belongs way at the bottom based on his skill.  His getting a HOF nod would be very much like Bristol Palin going deep in Dancing With The Stars, a show on which she never should have been allowed to perform in the first place.  Tebow never should have been drafted to be an NFL QB in the first place.

I don't dislike Tebow.  I just don't like the reason why people are supporting him so much despite the reality of his poor play. Very unfair to other QBs in the league.

FYI, I am a Gator and appreciate he was their QB in one of their championships. Thinking back, I never for a second thought he would have been or should have been ever allowed to play QB in the NFL.

EDIT: I MEANT PRO BOWL, "HOF".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There will be water . . .

. . .   if God wills it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well, I guess I'm a religious zealot for thinking Tebow's a mediocre QB now. Maybe I should start going to church.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

His is currently in 4th below Brady and Ben.   Good grief CC, get your facts straight.

So if he does finish 4th then yes, he will be going to the Prow Bowl since they take 3 QB's and TFB usually skips these things.  Tebow will be the 3rd QB, that will be awesome!! LOL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?:
    [QUOTE]Well, I guess I'm a religious zealot for thinking Tebow's a mediocre QB now. Maybe I should start going to church.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I'm actually curious about this. Perhaps you can help me. Everyone I know keeps telling me how horrible Tim Tebow is, and I have to admit that he doesn't look like such a much to me (little as I know about football) . . .   so if he's so bad, and everyone seems to agree, and yet Kyle Orton -- serviceable journeyman that he is -- couldn't win with this team, how do you explain Tebow's success, if it's not Jesus?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'd still take half of a Cam Newton over Tebow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

that would be a joke, not that the pro bowl isn't already but this one would top all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]  I'd still take half of a Cam Newton over Tebow
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Interesting take, insofar as Newton is another guy the "experts" told us couldn't play at this level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : I'm actually curious about this. Perhaps you can help me. Everyone I know keeps telling me how horrible Tim Tebow is, and I have to admit that he doesn't look like such a much to me (little as I know about football) . . .   so if he's so bad, and everyone seems to agree, and yet Kyle Orton -- serviceable journeyman that he is -- couldn't win with this team, how do you explain Tebow's success, if it's not Jesus?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

A great defense and a list of crappy opponents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

As a running back..........sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?:
    [QUOTE]currently he is in fourth with the fans in total votes over brady, big ben and others. of course thats only one-third. my guess is that with his fellow players (esp those who have to stop him) and smart coaches who study film and see all that he contributes to winning and how he has the BEST the td/int rate in the HISTORY of any qb at this stage in his career, he could be picking up a lot of votes for hawaii. doesnt hurt though that schaub is out of it, manning's hurt and brady will once again create an excuse to not show up when voted in. andy dalton, flacco, big ben, hasselbeck, sanchize, fitzpatrick, palmer, rivers (yikes).. of that group, i'm taking tebow, big ben, and dalton with flacco as first alternate!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Dip Sheet

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I have a hunch that the reason Kyle Orton looked so bad this year is that he has a motivation problem.  He just doesn't fit in as a typical football player.  He drives a Prius, for example.  I think that is cool, but that definitely puts him against the grain of your average NFL player.  He is an uber-liberal hippie at heart, surrounded by flashy and/or socially conservative jocks.   Frankly, I think it is just a good job to him that he doesn't love, so he doesn't fulfill his potential. Ultimately, it's pretty selfish on his part.

For example, he would show flashes of being very good with the Bears and won the starting job.  He played well for a while in the starting job.  Then he got comfortable and started to play like somebody who was not prepared.

So he gets traded to Denver and was on fire for six games...until he again got comfortable.  He is a lesser talent than Bledsoe, but suffers from the same lack of interest in being a full-time NFL player.  Bledsoe always did very well at the start of every hitch he had with a team.  It lasted a little longer with the Pats, peaking with the Super Bowl in 1997.  He started well for the Bills.  He started well for Dallas.  He always waned.

I think the Denver players tired of Orton's complacency.  But Tebow is definitely a motivated competitor - absolutley his big asset - and his peers have rallied around him, even though they are really carrying the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]His is currently in 4th below Brady and Ben.   Good grief CC, get your facts straight. So if he does finish 4th then yes, he will be going to the Prow Bowl since they take 3 QB's and TFB usually skips these things.  Tebow will be the 3rd QB, that will be awesome!! LOL!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
        Bingo. Much the same as Meriweathers back door entrance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]His is currently in 4th below Brady and Ben.   Good grief CC, get your facts straight. So if he does finish 4th then yes, he will be going to the Prow Bowl since they take 3 QB's and TFB usually skips these things.  Tebow will be the 3rd QB, that will be awesome!! LOL!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]my sources said that he was fourth  overall in the FANS vote part, but fourth overall with qbs with the caoches and players votes also counted in. if anyone cares, today is contrarian's BIRTHDAYYUYYYY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]He won't get in because his support lies only with a certain clique of football fans, apparently because of a religious bias for him.   He is an awful QB.  His team is winning despite his lack of skills, a' la the Ravens with Dilfer in 2000. He belongs way at the bottom based on his skill.  His getting a HOF nod would be very much like Bristol Palin going deep in Dancing With The Stars, a show on which she never should have been allowed to perform in the first place.  Tebow never should have been drafted to be an NFL QB in the first place. I don't dislike Tebow.  I just don't like the reason why people are supporting him so much despite the reality of his poor play. Very unfair to other QBs in the league. FYI, I am a Gator and appreciate he was their QB in one of their championships. Thinking back, I never for a second thought he would have been or should have been ever allowed to play QB in the NFL. EDIT: I MEANT PRO BOWL, "HOF".
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]MR. ANTI-CONTRARIAN, UR being very close-minded there. i am a deist at most (believe in the concept of an ultimate spirit via reason and faith only ), my god doesnt write books, rape virgins, encourage underage drinking by turning water into wine, murder his son on a cross, send prophets and so forth. yet i BELIEVEEE in mr. tebow. MOST tebow supporters i know could care less about the religion or theism part. we love how he plays the game and the great proof that heart, will and motivation with a heavy dose of brains can triumph over skill and pure talent most of the time!  nothing more, nothing lesssss! 

also liking him off the field, for me, has nothing to do with his jesus addiction. being a nice guy is being a nice guy, being a great contrarian qb is being a great contrarian qb, whether or not one is a christian or theist or atheist or deist or whatever. however one gets there is how one gets there. there is ultimately one ultimate spirit but many gods and ways to him, be it the christian way or the non-christian way!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

How is this piece of trash not banned? If you said that filth about GOD in front of me I would rip your throat out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

[QUOTE]He won't get in because his support lies only with a certain clique of football fans, apparently because of a religious bias for him.  
    How about that people are rooting for a good guy and underdog.

He is an awful QB.  His team is winning despite his lack of skills, a' la the Ravens with Dilfer in 2000. He belongs way at the bottom based on his skill.  Not realy true.  Unlike Dilfer, he is making the plays to win the game.  Totally inconsistent, but he is making plays.

His getting a HOF nod would be very much like Bristol Palin going deep in Dancing With The Stars, a show on which she never should have been allowed to perform in the first place.  Tebow never should have been drafted to be an NFL QB in the first place. I don't dislike Tebow.  I just don't like the reason why people are supporting him so much despite the reality of his poor play. Very unfair to other QBs in the league. Again, good guy and underdog beating the odds.  His teammates seem to be rallying around him...at least while they are winning which is exactly the point.  He's winning.  If he ever starts losing more than winning then he'll be gone.  Simple but true.  Winning gives him more time.

FYI, I am a Gator and appreciate he was their QB in one of their championships. Thinking back, I never for a second thought he would have been or should have been ever allowed to play QB in the NFL. EDIT: I MEANT PRO BOWL, "HOF".
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?:
    [QUOTE]currently he is in fourth with the fans in total votes over brady, big ben and others. of course thats only one-third. my guess is that with his fellow players (esp those who have to stop him) and smart coaches who study film and see all that he contributes to winning and how he has the BEST the td/int rate in the HISTORY of any qb at this stage in his career, he could be picking up a lot of votes for hawaii. doesnt hurt though that schaub is out of it, manning's hurt and brady will once again create an excuse to not show up when voted in. andy dalton, flacco, big ben, hasselbeck, sanchize, fitzpatrick, palmer, rivers (yikes).. of that group, i'm taking tebow, big ben, and dalton with flacco as first alternate!

yes brady's excuse, i have to play football next week for the SUPER BOWL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow would be good for the TV ratings but bad for the people who sell Syrup of ipecac

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? :
    Posted by CharlestonDude[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he seems like a really good guy.  But so are a lot of QBs now, and in the past.  Tebow is getting a grossly inordinate amount of hype, adoration and support relative to his skills, compared to all of those other QBs. 

Flutie never got anywhere near this level of support, but he was a better unconventional QB, had accomplished a lot more, and is every bit the humanitarian.  So I don't agree with your explanation, though it is well-considered.

Tebow's not creepy.  But the reasons why I and others believe he is getting so much support is creepy.  It is not based on merit, but on ideology/theology. That basis of support has always struck me as organically un-American.  It runs counter to the very origins of Americanism.  

The big plays being made in the Broncos' wins have been made by receivers chasing down Tebow's bad throws, running backs making good runs and especially the defense making big plays, much like the 2010 Chiefs.  Tebow makes about four or five good plays per game and hasn't had a problem (yet) turning the ball over (partly by sheer luck, as his passes have often been crazy-off).  You didn't see Cassell receive Tebow's same adoration last year, even though he rarely made any turn-overs nor mistakes for a full season, and threw much better passes. It was no more clear that Cassell was not the leading reason the Chiefs were winning in 2010 than it is that Tebow is not the main reason the Broncos are winning in 2011 and, again, Cassell is a much better QB than Tebow. Yet Cassell flew under the wire, comparatively speaking.

You can find many other comparisons, but I think those two say it all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : MR. ANTI-CONTRARIAN, UR being very close-minded there. i am a deist at most (believe in the concept of an ultimate spirit via reason only ), my god doesnt write books, rape virgins, encourage underage drinking by turning water into wine, murder his son on a cross, send prophets and so forth. yet i BELIEVEEE in mr. tebow. MOST tebow supporters i know could care less about the religion part. we love how he plays the game and the great proof that heart , will and motivation with a heavy dose of brains can triumph over skill and pure talent most of the time!  nothing more, nothing lesssss!

Well then. I guess we won't be seeing any of your zany posts too much longer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : MR. ANTI-CONTRARIAN, UR being very close-minded there. i am a deist at most (believe in the concept of an ultimate spirit via reason only ), my god doesnt write books, rape virgins, encourage underage drinking by turning water into wine, murder his son on a cross, send prophets and so forth. yet i BELIEVEEE in mr. tebow. MOST tebow supporters i know could care less about the religion part. we love how he plays the game and the great proof that heart , will and motivation with a heavy dose of brains can triumph over skill and pure talent most of the time!  nothing more, nothing lesssss!

lots of guys play the game that way, brady even more so. plus brady is a great quarterback and tebow stinks.

the denver defense is very good and that is the only reason that they are winning games. they have had one game where they scored over 18 points with tebow as qb, in that game he threw for 124 yards and the broncos ran for 300 yards.

he may be a good guy but he's not an NFL quarterback let alone a pro bowl qb.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pats make it to the SB, he replaces Brady!