Jets’ Rex Ryan running his mouth again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Jets’ Rex Ryan running his mouth again

Just like his father, he's very annoying. Maybe he should focus a little more on coaching his team and less on trying to taunt Belicheck through the media; especially considering he hasn't actually won a single game yet.  When the Jet's lose their first 4 or 5 games in a row to open the season, his team won't even want to hear him run his mouth.

"A day after using an expletive during his training camp news conference to tweak his former team, the New York Jets  brash coach took a swipe at Patriots [team stats] coach Bill Belichick.

Ryan said during a radio interview a few months ago that he didn’t come to New York “to kiss Bill Belichick’s rings.” He explained yesterday what he meant, and might have provided more bulletin board material

When I said that about Belichick, I’m just letting him know I’m not intimidated by him,” Ryan said. “He’s got the same position I have. We’re both head coaches in this league. He just happens to have a hell of a lot more Super Bowl wins. I don’t have a win. I understand that, but we’re not going to tiptoe our way through this thing. You don’t line up and beat a Bill Belichick-coached team by tiptoeing in there.”

Ryan also didn’t shy away from any of the headline-grabbing comments he has made since being hired by the Jets in January.

“We’re going to be ourselves and I’m going to be myself,” he said. “How much more motivation are they going to get by putting a quote from me on the wall, saying I believe in my football team and I’m not going to be intimidated by a coach or anyone else? If that’s where you’re going to draw motivation from, hell, we’ll probably kick your (buttt).”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20090819jets_rex_ryan_buzzes_bill_belichick/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Jets’ Rex Ryan running his mouth again

My prediction is they finish 7-9 this year. Could even slip to 6-10. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose their first 4-5 games this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Jets’ Rex Ryan running his mouth again:
    [QUOTE]Just like his father, he's very annoying. Maybe he should focus a little more on coaching his team and less on trying to taunt Belicheck through the media; especially considering he hasn't actually won a single game yet.  When the Jet's lose their first 4 or 5 games in a row to open the season, his team won't even want to hear him run his mouth. "A day after using an expletive during his training camp news conference to tweak his former team, the New York Jets   brash coach took a swipe at Patriots [ team stats ] coach Bill Belichick . Ryan said during a radio interview a few months ago that he didn’t come to New York “to kiss Bill Belichick’s rings.” He explained yesterday what he meant, and might have provided more bulletin board material When I said that about Belichick, I’m just letting him know I’m not intimidated by him,” Ryan said. “He’s got the same position I have. We’re both head coaches in this league. He just happens to have a hell of a lot more Super Bowl wins. I don’t have a win. I understand that, but we’re not going to tiptoe our way through this thing. You don’t line up and beat a Bill Belichick-coached team by tiptoeing in there.” Ryan also didn’t shy away from any of the headline-grabbing comments he has made since being hired by the Jets in January. “We’re going to be ourselves and I’m going to be myself,” he said. “How much more motivation are they going to get by putting a quote from me on the wall, saying I believe in my football team and I’m not going to be intimidated by a coach or anyone else? If that’s where you’re going to draw motivation from, hell, we’ll probably kick your (buttt).” http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20090819jets_rex_ryan_buzzes_bill_belichick/
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Let Ryan have some fun. There are too many empty suits and Nixonian type secrecy coaches in the league now. He is refreshing, to a point. This comes down to talent, injuries, luck, and who does a better job in preparation and sideline decision-making. All of this talk isn't firing up anybody, or creating "billboard material". If we need that garbage to beat Ryan, he has already won. All the teams are going to be fired up this year and think they can win. The games will be played, and the post mortums will be coming.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

After the Pats and Jets meet on September 20th, we'll see if Ryan has anything more to say: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m8d20-Rex-Ryans-mouth-continues-to-write-checks-the-New-York-Jets-have-no-chance-of-cashing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ryan might have a good D this year but he wont have enough on offense to get passed any good teams. He needs a good WR and fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I may be in the minority, but if Ryan wants to come in and set the tone and challenge his players to back up his tough guy talk with their performance on the field, then that's good motivation.  On the other hand, if his team stinks, you gotta think BB will enjoy putting up 50+ points on the scoreboard to rub Rex's nose in it.  At the very least, it could make for an even better rivalry if the Jets can actually perform to back up their coach's trash talking.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm not a big fan of mouth-running, even if you do back up all the barking with a little bite. But Green New Jersey is in an interesting situation. It's not like the team is terrible. Sure, they gagged in spectacular fashion in the stretch run last season, but that can happen (note to Vikings fan, wherever he may be) when you hitch your wagon to an aging, washed-up and wrung-out diva with little regard for anything in the league beyond his own image.

Enter Ryan and Mark Sanchez.

The hotshot rookie quarterback and the new coach with the flapping jaw should draw a certain amount of interest to a team that might win some ugly defensive struggles, but will probably not be very entertaining to watch. It may be that Ryan is blowing all this hot air as a means to inject some life into a rivalry that Miami effectively usurped last season; but my guess is that this is just Ryan's personality -- that of an obese blowhard who is riding the good fortune of the outstanding personnel that helped create his legacy in Baltimore to a head coaching position he has no idea how to fulfill.

If poking the bear (Belichick) is the best strategy Ryan can come up with to inject life into his underacheiving team, and you like a little smack talk with your comedy -- I would suggest you enjoy these little salvos while you can. I will believe Ryan is in it for the long haul when his team actually accomplishes something between the lines. So far, he looks like the annoying little brother the big kids finally let play just to shut him up -- only to discover that he won't shut up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

I have no respect for Ryan.  Any coach who talks that much without accomplishing anything, is just advertising his incompetence as a leader.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's hilarious. He doesn't know who his starting QB is going to be in Game 1 and yet he continues to call out Belichick. What a d--ba-s ! Belichick is going feed this guy his lunch....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I watched him on TV as he roamed the sidelines.  It looked like he had Richard Seymour under his shirt!  How can he carry that weight? I cannot believe how fat he is.  How can his players respect someone like him who probably cannot walk the length of the field?  What a tub of lard blowhard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

One reason I think he is talking so much is so he can avoid eating, so he can try to lose weight.. there's only so much you can do with your mouth.