Jets and REX Humiliated out of the playoffs!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Jets and REX Humiliated out of the playoffs!!

Just a thought...maybe he should try kissing Belichick's rings!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Hope Miami hands the jests their a$$$es next weekend, that'll make Rex even more humiliated, and reaffirm Namath's feeling that Rex isn't a good coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and REX Humiliated out of the playoffs!!:
    [QUOTE]Hope Miami hands the jests their a$$$es next weekend, that'll make Rex even more humiliated, and reaffirm Namath's feeling that Rex isn't a good coach.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Love to see that, too, KP.

But I think the Fins will lay down and die next weekend; a loss like today's takes a lot out of a team emotionally. The same could be said for the Yets losing to the Jints, but at least Green New Jersey has something to play for next week.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

In terms of the Broncos and the Chargers, that's a good question though the Chargers look to be out of it given how far behind they are against the Lions now. 

But I'm assuming that the Jets hold the tiebreak over the Broncos/Chargers, but that's a question we can look into if for some reason the Chargers manage to win today. One thing to note is all three of those teams (Oak/Den/SD) can't finish 9-7 since Oakland and SD play each other next week. 

Anti-Jets folks should probably root for Oakland and the Broncos to win out which would help to put the Jets out of the playoffs. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Here's the update on the Jets playoff picture: 

(I love how the Jets are projected as "seed 9" right now - which means "watching from the couch."

Here's the full Jets update, it turns out Tennessee is more critical than Oakland: 

CLINCHING SCENARIOS: The Jets clinch a wild-card berth with a win and following scenario: CIN loss + TEN loss + OAK or DEN loss.

I haven't found a site that rates the playoff chances of the Jets right now but I'd think it's no higher than 5 percent.

So, if the Jets win then they also need Cincy and Tennessee both to lose, and even that won't be enough if both Oakland and Denver win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Whoops I was wrong - the Jets have a full 13 percent chance of making the playoffs according to this site: 

Which is down a whopping 36 percent from last week - that was a costly loss...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

They just earned themselves a bye.......and another.......and another........bahahahahahahah Fat Rex will be watching the Pats in the playoffs while sitting on his fat keister sucking on his wife's toes.  GO PATS!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Jets and REX Humiliated out of the playoffs!!": [QUOTE]Just a question, but if Cincy loses next week to the Ravens and the Jets beat the Dolphins, they'd have the same record...I thought the Jets had the tie-breakers on Cincy, no? Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE] They do, but even if they get in,they're DONE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Anyone see the look on fireman EEEEED's face lol priceless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Rex Ryan NEEDS to do the the talking during practice. All the talk he is doing out of it is hurting his team more then it is helping. Well Rex. 3 years you have promising The Jets would be winning a Super Bowl. Well 3 years later. You still dont have what the Pats have. How about less talk and more work on the field. Rex you might be a good coach. I just think you will win a SB with the Jets or as a coach, as long you keep talking trash.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Many people on this board predicted 8-8, 9-7 for the Jets this year.
    I guess we're smarter than that big mouth coach with the big belly.  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and REX Humiliated out of the playoffs!!:
    [QUOTE]Just a question, but if Cincy loses next week to the Ravens and the Jets beat the Dolphins, they'd have the same record...I thought the Jets had the tie-breakers on Cincy, no?
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

In addition to a win over the Dolphins, the Jets need the following:

A loss by the Bengals to the Ravens next Sunday in Cincinnati. The Ravens are tied atop the AFC North with the Steelers and will be going all-out to win the game and ensure the divisional title.

A loss by the Titans to the Texans in Houston. The Texans have wrapped up the AFC South title and can't improve their playoff seeding, so they might opt to rest many of their key starters.

Even if the Jets win and the Bengals and Titans lose, the Jets also need either a Raiders loss to the Chargers in Oakland or a Broncos loss to the Chiefs in Denver.

from Newsday.com

I can't believe they still have a chance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It was all just a matter of time! So nice to see. 

Merry Xmas NJ!