Jets are coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Jets are coming

Jets play good pass defense, run the football and are very physical. 3 things we don't do. How are any of you not scared of the Jets? I don't understand things sometimes, perhaps I am a bit slow.

I was confident we had the jets figured out when we spanked them by 40 points last year until they out coached us and changed their strategy to counter the only offense we use.

I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but if I have my choice to play them or anybody else in the AfC, I'll take the other guy....except maybe the Ravens, and yes that includes the Steelers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

See how the do in their last three games @Eagles, Giants, @Dolphins. That will be a much tougher test then the teams they played during this 3 game win streak Bills, @Redskins, Chiefs. Still going to say 9-7 and be the last team out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm not buying the Jets this year. If they somehow manage to beat the Eagles, Giants and Dolphins and win out then I guess they will deserve to be there but they still don't scare me.

For that matter neither do the Ravens or Steelers. I don't see the 1979 Steelers or the 1985 Bears or the 1994 49ers out there anywhere. No team is dominant. Far from it, including the Patriots.

The Pats have as good a chance to make it to the super bowl as anyone right now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming:
    [QUOTE]I hope the jets get in, but I doubt they will. If they do it will be because everybody else in contention sucks so bad. It will be sweet to beat them 3 times this year if they stumble across the finish line.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yes.... sweet to beat them 3x's but what if Jets win 3rd.... Give it some thought so it doesn' hurt so bad if it happens and if Jets get past Vick this week, I'm betting it will happen after we handle Denver or Houston in WC game.... Soert of like groundhog day in January.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Yes.... sweet to beat them 3x's but what if Jets win 3rd.... Give it some thought so it doesn' hurt so bad if it happens and if Jets get past Vick this week, I'm betting it will happen after we handle Denver or Houston in WC game.... Soert of like groundhog day in January.....
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

It's 1anddone-again!  Hey, he has a SUPERMODEL WIFE who is the co-anchor of a NATIONALLY SYNDICATED news show, he went to HOFSTRA where he pulled WAYNE CHREBET out of a frozen lake, and Co founded a MAJOR LAW FIRM!!!!!

So... why does he come here?  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Yes.... sweet to beat them 3x's but what if Jets win 3rd.... Give it some thought so it doesn' hurt so bad if it happens and if Jets get past Vick this week, I'm betting it will happen after we handle Denver or Houston in WC game.... Soert of like groundhog day in January.....
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr (43) anddone-again,
    What does that mean, groundhog day in January?
    Is that when Sandycheese sees his shadow, while laying on the ground, and a long cold winter for the Jest?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Like they "handled" Denver earlier?  Maybe someone can teach Cromartie to tackle?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    True... but Jets didn't handle Pat's in NE last year either..... Until the second time of course....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : It's 1anddone-again!  Hey, he has a SUPERMODEL WIFE who is the co-anchor of a NATIONALLY SYNDICATED news show, he went to HOFSTRA where he pulled WAYNE CHREBET out of a frozen lake, and Co founded a MAJOR LAW FIRM!!!!!                              So... why does he come here?  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You finally got most of it right... Leave Chrebet alone, he's all messed up from putting body on line every week..... By the way... You ever play down of organized ball?? And why do I check in here.... to BS with loyal Pat's fans and torment you, which is suprisingly easy....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : We know one thing is for sure... The Pat's will be in the playoffs but will the Jet's? If the Jets do happen to qualify for the playoff  this Pat fan welcomes the match up. The Jet's safeties are horrible and will be exposed for a third time by Hernandez and Gronk. Good luck trying to shut down those 2 guys with Eric Smith and Brodney Pool. Or perhaps you may want to try Wilson on Hernandez, we know he can't cover Branch.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    Pat's have consistently been in playoffs lately then one-and-done....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Patriots are currently the number 3 seed. If Houston and Baltimore win out, that is the way it will remain. Jets are now number 6 seed and Pats would play Jets in the wild card game at home. Winner of that game would play Houston for get to the AFC title game and then probably play Baltimore. To get to SB Pats would have to beat the Jets at home, Texans and Ravens on the road. It is not impossible but it is likely improbable. The Pats changed player personnel this year to better match up with Jets, so let them come and hopefully lose for the third time.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Teams Jets beat: Cowboys 7-6 Jaguars 4-9 Dolphins 4-9 Chargers 6-7 Bills X2 5-8 Redskins 4-9 Chiefs 5-8 Teams Jets lost to: Raiders 7-6 Ravens 10-3 Patriots X2 10-3 Broncos 8-5 Basically, they are a middle of the pack team that beat one team that currently has a winning record. Most of their wins have been close and unimpressive. I really don't think they are going to make any noise in the playoffs this year. Now Leonard is down for the year and their safety depth is terrible. They might get into the playoffs on a cupcake schedule, but I doubt they win out and if they do I doubt they win more than one game.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Just wondering... IF the JESTS! make it in by a game, which game would it be that put them over the top? Would it be the win vs 'Skins? The Jags? The Chiefs? Or, the 'Boys? Would it be the season finale in Miami? A team needs them all.

Doesn't matter... the teams with the most wins get into the playoffs. It says nothing about the quality of their wins. If you start discounting that, then I suggest that an "*" needs to go up next to the Patriots if they get a #1 or 2 seed.

Then, let's not forget the absolute outrage that the 2008 Patriots, sans Brady, failed to get in despoite a 11-5 record. Further inspection of the record shows that 4 of the 5 losses were decisive and against the eventual playoff participants. Where was teh "quality of win" standard during all that angst? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]wow, so much similarity to the last 2 years it is pretty scary.  Jets stumble early in the season but come on strong at the end of the year.  The last 2 years it was good enough to get us into the playoffs to make some noise.  We still have 3 games left to go so it will be interesting to see if Rex actually plans during the season to have his team at its best in December.  I already know the answer to this.  Rex has said that everything the Jets do is geared to have them at their best at the end of the season.  That goes for everything down to strength and conditioning.  Rex isnt as dumb as some pasts fans think. Rocky, quit being obtuse.  If you think you have a better team the last couple of years you are wrong.  the better team won 2 playoff games each of the past 2 years.  Blame it on rebuilding but your defense is offensive.  Anyway you slice it, mumbles mcghee is having a tough time with the better teams come playoff time where we have been able to hang tough and come out on top.  Finesse dont get it done against the JETS, RAVENS and STEELERS.  You get knocked the F out when you come to a bully in the playoffs. No really, you get knocked the F out!!!
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

What's funny about you, Leon, is how your posts become more and more accurate the bleaker the Jets' season becomes. 

They're done.  They just don't know it yet.  They'll win 2 out of 3 remaining games, but the Pats, Ravens and Pitt will all win out.  Jets don't really control their own fate.  If Sanchez hadn't su*ked up the joint for about 4 straight games, things would've been different. 

Wanna try for the hat trick up in NE?  And to think, they came sooooo close.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : in 09 and 10 Ryan guaranteed Super Bowl wins...yet I didn't see the Jest Juggernaut in the Super Bowl...what happened then?

So because the Ryan "guaranteed" Super Bowls the last two years and no one on the Patriots did, the Patriots making the playoffs and losing their first game should be more impressive than the Jets playing in back-to-back AFC championship games?

Are we now setting our expectations for the Pats so low, that we are supposed to be happy with Division Titles and playoff appearances?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Ryan guaranteed Super Bowl wins.  So isn't not winning the Super Bowl more of a disappointment for the Jets when it's been guaranteed? I know as a Pats fan I was far more disappointed after the 2007 sesason than I was after the 2009 season. But then, we know Jests fans have a skewed view of reality-they think Mancheese is "elite".

I disagree. Regardless of how much of a blowhard Ryan is and how BB would never stick his foot in his mouth like that. If you are pretending that the Patriots last two seasons have been more successful than the Jets, then you need a reality check.

I agree that I was a lot more upset about '07 than '09 as well, but that is because in '07 we were so close. In '09, we were still three games away from even sniffing the Championship.

Just because he did not saying that his team would win before the season started do you think BB is happy with one-and-done in the playoffs?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : If you are pretending the Jests seasons are more successful you don't know what reality is.

So 0-2 in the playoffs is a better year than 4-2. Coming with 13 points of playing the in the Super Bowl one year and 5 points the next, is worse than being three games away one year and two the next?

Their seasons were not successful based on the measurement of championships, but they got closer to it then the Patriots have.

Can we stop pretending like it hasn't 4 seasons since the Pats were in the SB and 7 seasons since they won it. This team needs to get back to where it was in 2003-2004, and stop pretending like we have been dominating the NFL for the last 7 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Unlike horseshoes and darts, there are no points for being "closer" in football.
    The Jest did not hit a ringer or bullseye in either game.