Jets are coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jets are coming

Would someone please best the Jets to eliminate them? Maybe the Giants . The Jets are the team I fear most in the play offs. They are building momentum and playing better than they gave at any time this year. Don't want to see them again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Jets are coming

Russ You said they were done 5 weeks ago( you were wrong as usual). Cincy looks done. I think the Jets squeak in. Could we see them in the championship game 3 years in a row? Phins look spent. Eagles playing for pride and Giants for the division. Let's hope so Btw, remind me the difference between Tebow and Sanchez other than Denver's defense is better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Let them come.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

the jets are a team that the patriots can handle in the playoffs. they beat the bad teams but lose to decent teams and probably will lose to the eagles and the giants. the ravens are probably the team that would give the patriots the most problems in the playoffs. the steelers will be tough too, but the jets would be the easiest opponent out there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming:
    [QUOTE]Russ You said they were done 5 weeks ago( you were wrong as usual). Cincy looks done. I think the Jets squeak in. Could we see them in the championship game 3 years in a row? Phins look spent. Eagles playing for pride and Giants for the division. Let's hope so Btw, remind me the difference between Tebow and Sanchez other than Denver's defense is better?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

We've only seen them once in the play-offs.  How would that be 3 yrs in a row?
    Besides, Not worried about the Jests.  I remember seeing a thing with Tom and BB, with Tom saying they've got them figured out.  That was before the first game and is apparently true. 
    The Jets were the Pat' easiest wins so far this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : We've only seen them once in the play-offs.  How would that be 3 yrs in a row? Besides, Not worried about the Jests.  I remember seeing a thing with Tom and BB, with Tom saying they've got them figured out.  That was before the first game and is apparently true.  The Jets were the Pat' easiest wins so far this year.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

The wording is that "we" as fans have seen the Jets in the championship game, noty "we" as NE PATS...last time I checked, "we" are not the Pats..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]They're done. As if beating Palko at home is some harbinger of greatness? You're even dumber than I suspected. Philly just blasted Miami because Vick returned and Maclin will be back this week as well. That's just more weaponry for NY to have to worry about. NY blew their season by losing to us and then Denver. Once the Denver loss hit, they blew it. And they know it, regardless of what fat rump barks about on a weekly basis. Philly is playing for pride and Andy Reid at this point and would love nothing more than to play spoiler in a home game. The Giants just put up 37 on Dallas and you're telling me they'll roll over for the Jets in 2 weeks? LOL! And then we have Miami, at home, where NY never really plays well?   Expect that to be a close game. You're clearly a Jets fan, by the way, RKarp.  Imagine Pats fans getting excited about beating Luke McCown or Palko at home?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Jeez Russ,
    I hope you are finally correct. Once this season would be great!

I dont know that I agree however. Jets are rolling..

Funny, 75% of the posts here have been how the D is improving against the likes of Palko, Orlavsky, Rex...yet you say imagine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Teams Jets beat:
    Cowboys 7-6
    Jaguars 4-9
    Dolphins 4-9
    Chargers 6-7
    Bills X2 5-8
    Redskins 4-9
    Chiefs 5-8

Teams Jets lost to:
    Raiders 7-6
    Ravens 10-3
    Patriots X2 10-3
    Broncos 8-5

Basically, they are a middle of the pack team that beat one team that currently has a winning record. Most of their wins have been close and unimpressive. I really don't think they are going to make any noise in the playoffs this year. Now Leonard is down for the year and their safety depth is terrible. They might get into the playoffs on a cupcake schedule, but I doubt they win out and if they do I doubt they win more than one game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Teams Jets beat: Cowboys 7-6 Jaguars 4-9 Dolphins 4-9 Chargers 6-7 Bills X2 5-8 Redskins 4-9 Chiefs 5-8 Teams Jets lost to: Raiders 7-6 Ravens 10-3 Patriots X2 10-3 Broncos 8-5 Basically, they are a middle of the pack team that beat one team that currently has a winning record. Most of their wins have been close and unimpressive. I really don't think they are going to make any noise in the playoffs this year. Now Leonard is down for the year and their safety depth is terrible. They might get into the playoffs on a cupcake schedule, but I doubt they win out and if they do I doubt they win more than one game.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

The Cowboys game was gift wrapped by Mr. Romo.  It is hilarious that to some beating Tyler Palko means the Jets are back on track. 

The Jets won't win out and probably could lose 2/3 and still may very well get that last WC, which would likely mean a trip to Houston, which with TJ Yates under center is certainly a winnable game.  They won't however be beating some combination of NE/PIT/BALT in consecutive weeks.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : No, as you can see people agree with me. Also, our D was playing very well with Chung and Spikes healthy until the last 2 drives of the Giants game. I don't brag about ANYTHUNG our D does against back up QBs. In fact, our D traditionally struggles against QB's BB's never faced before. And that goes back to the SB years, too. We'll see how good the Jets D looks against a resurgent and hungry Vick with Maclin returning and Jim Leonhard DONE again. Now is the time to get healthy, not start seeing your depth exposed like we've seen in NY and your Jets.

Like I said, I hope you break your streak of being wrong and are right in this instance. I can't take the Jets going to another championship game while the Pats are one and done...

Not sure I am with you that Spikes and Chung are the answers on defense. I don't know that Spikes will be effective against a team like Denver. Poor lateral speed, bites on every fake. LB's have to play the lanes against Denver. Surely, hope he is ready once the Steelers, Ravens and Jets present themselves...but not so much Denver, Miami.

I like Chung, but I dont yet see a star, playmaker, difference maker. Is he an upgrade? For sure. Is he a game changer? I dont see it 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

"Done" is a relative term.  I pronounced the Jets done a few weeks back b/c while I recognized they had a shot at the Wild Card still, this is a team who talks about Super Bowls in August and I give them ZERO chance of winning 3 road play-off games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

The Giants will beat them, but now that Miami has canned Sparano you have to believe that the players will affix a mental postage stamp to the rest of this season, so forget that one. Can the Eagles beat them? Possibly.

If they beat Philly, however, they'll finish 10-6 and make the playoffs because Cincy appears done after yesterday's collapse.

However, the NYJ scare me a lot less this year than they have the last two years for some reason. I wouldn't take them lightly should they visit Foxboro in January, but it just "feels" different this year, like the Pats have them figured out maybe?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants will beat them, but now that Miami has canned Sparano you have to believe that the players will affix a mental postage stamp to the rest of this season, so forget that one. Can the Eagles beat them? Possibly. If they beat Philly, however, they'll finish 10-6 and make the playoffs because Cincy appears done after yesterday's collapse. However, the NYJ scare me a lot less this year than they have the last two years for some reason. I wouldn't take them lightly should they visit Foxboro in January, but it just "feels" different this year, like the Pats have them figured out maybe?
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

I think Philly gets them this weekend.  The Eagles are playing for pride and coach they like and have the chance to really hurt both NYJ and Dallas, I look for Philly to finish strong.

Who knows with the Giants. It'll probably come down to the last 2 minutes because it seems like all NYG games do but it is definitely a game the Jets could lose.

Miami could go either way, sometimes teams really step up and motivate, for whatever reason, after a coach is fired.  That is a home game for the Phins and if they have a chance to deny NYJ a play-off spot, they will be ready to play.

2-1 in these last 3 is not a gimmee for Green NJ

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I hope the OP is correct. While it is true we showed like a 500 team early this season, we seem to be hitting our stride at the right time if we indeed are to get hot and stay hot in December.  This was a very good start although the chiefs are not a good barometer as to are you ready to go head to head with the big boys.

Remember it aint how you start the season it is how you end it.  Rex seems to have us playing pretty good football the last 2 years at the end of the season so we will have to see how these last 3 weeks play out before you say that the jets are "done".  Although as rkarp has mentioned a few times in this post, crusty may just have put the jets over the edge with another one of his "predictions". 

Finally, I think it is impossible for us to play the pasts in the first round as we are both in the afc east. earliest we could meet would be in the second round.  If that is the case, do you think you could take us 3-0 in one season?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jests are done. End of story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Sure, RKarp. You, as a diehard Pats fan, even though you're really a Jets fan (every comment you make here is tied to the Jets and a positive spin is put on it), you'd love to see NY not make it. LMAO Jim Leonahrd isn't a game changer either, but he's criticial to their back end, otherwise he wouldn't be the starter, professor. I am a Fletcher fan for what he represents as much as I am a Spikes fan for what his skill set is. You enjoy your Jets, though. Sanchez will crumble under the lights again on the road against a team that won't just lay down like you think they will.

Russ,

I am wanting to agree with you. But the Jets won last year with out Leonard and Sanchez did not play great, but he wins. (cant figure out why Tebow gets the free pass but Sanchez doesn't?)

I have my hope on the Giants and the Eagles beating the Jets to end their season. I am a lot more comfortable with the Pats playing any team, even the Ravens and Steelers, than I am trying to beat the Jets 3 times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]If that is the case, do you think you could take us 3-0 in one season?  
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Yes.  The top 5 run game and D are gone.  Sanchez is inconsistent.  Gronk is a beast.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Jets will not be seeing the Bills, SKins or Chiefs in the play-offs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Jets are coming:
    [QUOTE]Would someone please best the Jets to eliminate them? Maybe the Giants . The Jets are the team I fear most in the play offs. They are building momentum and playing better than they gave at any time this year. Don't want to see them again
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

This sound too much like Rex Ryans plee to the league earlier this season.

I would love to see the Jets in the Playoffs, almost one of the best matchups the PAts could have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]Teams Jets beat: Cowboys 7-6 Jaguars 4-9 Dolphins 4-9 Chargers 6-7 Bills X2 5-8 Redskins 4-9 Chiefs 5-8 Teams Jets lost to: Raiders 7-6 Ravens 10-3 Patriots X2 10-3 Broncos 8-5 Basically, they are a middle of the pack team that beat one team that currently has a winning record. Most of their wins have been close and unimpressive. I really don't think they are going to make any noise in the playoffs this year. Now Leonard is down for the year and their safety depth is terrible. They might get into the playoffs on a cupcake schedule, but I doubt they win out and if they do I doubt they win more than one game.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

You're right Hobo.  And they wouldn't have beaten anybody with a winning record if Romo hadn't coughed up a hairball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Maybe the get in.. Maybe not.. But dont be scared little one.  We beat them twice already, I think we have their number this year.