Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak!

Just stumbled on this article on the Jets. I know they maybe the biggest contender for the Patriots in the AFC East. But it looks like the Jets are going to be in familiar territory. The artcile list the potential free agents, highlighted by Darrelle Revis and Nick Mangold. Give it read and lemme know what you guys think.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/408/408

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak!

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak!:
    In Response to Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : I think your crazy... Free agents mean nothing, this year has proven that. Besides the world will end next year in 2012 so it doesnt matter!
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Pipe Down, Jerry. This is for the fans not the trolls!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : Pipe Down, Jerry. This is for the fans not the trolls!
    Posted by datdude401

OUCH!Yell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : You sound like that loser, Rusty.  Always concerned about the Jets salary situation. They have already cut a bunch of cash this year (Rhodes, Faneca, TJ, Lito) and they have the best cornerback under their control for two more years, if they want to, without using the tag.  Thanks for your concern.  Now how much is TB going to get? Just kidding, BB will send hime somewhere for some picks.
    Posted by bjesuss

Bjesuss=Troll= Bike seat sniffer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

it is so nice having Bjesuss ignored it does away with his assanine posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Jets are built for the short term.  They've brought in aging vets and only drafted 4.  Considering Rex has the staying power of Newt Gingrich it's not surprising.  This doesn't mean they wont re-sign Revis or Mangold, however.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

The Jets are built for the short term.  They've brought in aging vets and only drafted 4.  Considering Rex has the staying power of Newt Gingrich it's not surprising.  This doesn't mean they wont re-sign Revis or Mangold, however.
    Posted by croc

Good point. Im not saying that re signing Revis and Mangold is outta the question. However, all those plyrs arent going to be back. Harris and Ferguson could be gone. And when you take into acct the plyrs lost this free agency this offseason (T. Jones, Washington, Faneca.) they oughta be rebuilding pretty soon. Thus dropping off a little, I'd imagine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : This from a fan of a team who apparently spent their wad in 2007.
    Posted by underdoggg

dude, you havent a clue, do you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

guys why are we so worried about the JETS????  They haven't won since 1969! Does anyone really think they'll win the Super Bowl? Let me answer that....NO!! Guys Joe Namath isn't walking thru the Jets lockerroom anytime soon. The Jets are the Bruins of football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iceman778. Show iceman778's posts

everything will be better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

So now that we are legitimate contenders you have to move on to question our stay power.  Lets play this year first.  We dont even know if there will be football next year...There may be a whole new set of rules.  Anyway, thanks for acknowledging the legitimacy of the powerhouse that is the 2010 NYJ.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

So now that we are legitimate contenders you have to move on to question our stay power.  Lets play this year first.  We dont even know if there will be football next year...There may be a whole new set of rules.  Anyway, thanks for acknowledging the legitimacy of the powerhouse that is the 2010 NYJ.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

WOW! Your team is a powerhouse because some neurotic Patriot Fan that expects his team to be in the Super Bowl every season IMPLIES your team is going to be good...rather than lucky enough to play the chronic "let's rest our starters" bungals & dolts.  Good for you!!!! Celebrate tonight with a dirty hotdog from a hero vendor on Times Square!!!  Knock yourself out!  Maybe you can win the Week Two Super Bowl again when you play the Patriots in New Jersey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

looking forward to knocking the pats on their ar$e.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The draftees the Jets have, I don't even like.  The Sanchise played terrible last year--he should have sat for a year so as not to damage his development or his worrisome tendons.  I hate Kyle Shrimpy-Arms Wilson as much as I hated Dewayne Shrimpy-Arms Robertson before he ever took the field too.  I'd offer shorter critiques of their second rounders but they never have any.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Posted by whodeawhodat

Just the opposite, who. You guys are trying to be something your not, winners. Jut cant wait to see them fall on their faces and watch the media call for Rexy's  head. Talking big is one thing, living up to the hype is another.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : I warned of this to the brain dead Jets fans the last few weeks on similar threads.  Ferguson is also up. Pace is up, Jenkins and Woody are old, etc. They have tons to worry about. They cut Faneca. They may cut Ellis.  He's also older now. They have not drafted well lately (outside of Harris, Revis and Mangold) and it will bite them. Revis will command Asamghoua money with the way they have talked him up. A huge mistake.  Personally, I cannot wait to see how Revis does in single coverage this year against Moss the whole game.  They'll have to leave him alone because of our new TEs.
    Posted by russgriswold

Great stuff, all of it valid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

same could be said for the pats as they dont exactly have any young superstars in the making and brady's clock isnt going in reverse either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : This from a fan of a team who apparently spent their wad in 2007.
    Posted by underdoggg

The big difference is that while their year ended badly, NE still had an epic season (in which, among other things, Tom Brady eclipsed Peyton Manning's dome-aided record for touchdown passes in a single season), while the Jets' 2010 season will simply be year 42 in its longstanding history of pathetic futility. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : Wilfork, Mayo and Merriweather aren't impressive down the middle? Please stop. You are embarassing yourself today. Badly. NE is currently rebuilding and we will see just how well they have done with that THIS YEAR. Brady is in great shape. Manning's clock isn't going in reverse and he's 2 years older than Brady.
    Posted by russgriswold

wilfork is a heck of NT...mayo had a great rookie year but that knee injury slowed him up quite a bit...if he comes back at full speed and has a better year, then yes...ok

and meriweather is good, but not great and he will never be great...if he has a better career than yeremiah bell, id be shocked

and manning has never missed a game...he also has an offensive line that protects him better than a punch bag at a boxing convention

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : I'd be careful on that INdy O Line praise. Ugoh is a bust, Saturday is another year older and Lilja went to KC. Manning is one year older and his line is not as good as what it once was. He's superb at unloading the ball and avoiding hits and sacks, as is Brady, but that's not a good thing either.  Meriweather absolutely could be a great one.  He's played 2 years at Safety and improved from year to year, so there is a clear progression.   Yeremiah Bell? Is this a joke? Dude, your Safety play lasty year WAS AWFUL. AWFUL. Please admit that. I have no idea how that guy ended up in a Pro Bowl. The Miami secondary was lit up more than NE's was, especially at Safety.
    Posted by russgriswold

how is getting rid of the ball quick and not getting sacked a bad thing?

and no...meriweather will not be a great one...look...being a phins fan, means im a canes fan and meriweather isnt even near the same neighborhood as other great UM safeties...not even close...am i saying he is bad? not at all...but to expect him to become great means you havent seen him enough or as much as i have

and true, the safety play was bad...but it was because of little pass-rush and gibril wilson, not yeremiah bell, who actually has put together a nice couple of seasons for the phins which is why safety wasnt the phins biggest need

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : It's not a bad thing at all, but I saw Manning rush his throw and lose the SB over it. On to the Meriweather/Pats foundation being built... Ok, forget "great". I'll take very good.  I look for a progression from a rookie--- />2nd year-- />3rd year. If I see one, I think it's a good thing.  The question is, what is thew ceiling from here? I saw it with Meriweather so far, just like I saw it with Asante Samuel. I just didn't know the ceiling. Meriweather has problems being a good tackler, Samuel dropped many INTs. Samuel worked with a Jugs Machien and then started getting 10 INTs per year. He worked.  That's why became a top CB. I can see Meriweather working hard and improving on his flaw as well. I don't expect the guy to be Ed Reed.  I don't know that with Meriweather, but I can guess based on his progression. I happen to think Wilfork is the best NT in football and Mayo is a Pro Bowl caliber MLB.
    Posted by russgriswold

i generally agree with you on all fronts here...im not sure what meriweather's ceiling is...in as much as ive seen him...i dont think he is really going to be all that much better than he is now

wilfork is a beast, enough said

mayo needs to prove he can come back from that knee injury...ill give his talent the benefit of the doubt after what we saw his rookie year...but knee injuries and football are tricky

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

His inury was not serious. He came back and played at maybe 80% the rest of the year. If he is DROY in a complex 3-4 scheme that's impressive to me. Very impressive.  That's tough to do.
    Posted by russgriswold

right...but knee injuries are knee injuries nonetheless and always scary to deal with or depend on

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : dude, you havent a clue, do you?
    Posted by datdude401

I just think it is a pot/kettle scenario.  Clearly Belichick went for broke in 07 knowing that his D was aging so he picked up Welker and Moss and Thomas and came up short. 

The following 2 years - no playoffs and a first round exit not even worthy of the word choke. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There's risk in trading away picks for free agents.  It could become an issue in a couple years when picks could be fully developed.  They are going to need there free agent pick ups to contribute for a few years or to hit on most of their picks to offset that risk.  When you look at Holmes (12 games til free agency), LT, and Taylor it could be a problem.  It may work out for them but for the most part their moves were made to improve in the short term, we'll see how it goes, high risk, high reward strategy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Jets better win now, because tomorrow looks bleak! : I just think it is a pot/kettle scenario.  Clearly Belichick went for broke in 07 knowing that his D was aging so he picked up Welker and Moss and Thomas and came up short.  The following 2 years - no playoffs and a first round exit not even worthy of the word choke. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Is it better to lose in the first round or choke in the Super Bowl, with the whole world watching?

You may not have noticed, but NE is in an excellent position to get better over the next few years because of all their high draft choices.  I'd say that if things work out--if the young players contribute--the teams's future is as bright as that of any team in the NFL.  Next year they will have two first-round and two second-round draft choices.  Is there any team in the NFL in a better position (again depending on how well the team drafts and how well the players develop) than NE to improve over the next few years?