Jet's get another huge break.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Jet's get another huge break.

The NFL has moved the Cinc/Jets game to Sunday night. What this means is that the Bengals will know whether they are playing for the third place seating for the playoffs or nothing at all. With a NE win at Houston, the Bengals will have nothing to gain by winning and possibly bench many of their starters  thus handing the Jets another gift wrapped game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Jet's get another huge break.

By making this change, the Jets have been given another huge advantage in there quest to sneek into the playoffs.  What national interest is there in seeing this game?  If, as we expect, the Pats win in Houston, there is no mystery as to how this game may play out.  Cincy will know they are the 4th seed and will provide token resistance, BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, given the flak the Colts got for yesterday's game, I do not think the Bengals want to be put into that position and appear to be laying it down for another team.  That may be the saving grace to this game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If that's the case I say the Pats lay down like a $20.00 Colt Sunday and Give Cincy a reason to play. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

They earned the right to rest their starters.

The flak for the Colts is more because they gave up on a chance at history.

If people are angry beyond that then they haven't been watching football for very long or just don't understand it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

The point is, that if the NFL had not moved the game, both NE/Houston and CINCY/JETS would be played simultaneously and all 4 teams would have to play hard due to playoff implications. Now the Jets have a chance at another gift thanks to the NFL. It's a definite advantage for the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh, I forgot to mention..  this is a NEW YORK team, isn't it?  If it were any other, would this change have happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Actually, even if played at the same time, neither the Pats nor the Bengals need to show up unless they are very concerned about seeding. As the wildcard is not yet set, then it is pretty much a wash anyway.

Yes, the Jets have nearly the same advantage as they played at the same time and the Bengals didn't care if they remained in 4th.

This could even be to the Jets disadvantage. If the Pats pull their starters in the second half and end up with a loss and Cincy sees the potential wildcard matchups, they could play harder for the 3rd seed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

give it a rest. The Jets play for the playoffs and if the situation was the same for the Patsies all you hypocrites would be singing a different tune.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The elephant in the room here is that the fourth seed might be the more desirable prize. For my money, San Dago is the toughest matchup in the AFC tournament. If I was one of those "end justifies the means" guys, I could see tanking this week in order to avoid a potential slugfest on the west coast in favor of pitch-and-catch at Indy in the second round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Didn't this happen last year too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/28/patriots-dont-necessarily-clinch-third-seed-with-win/ 

I hope they get all this figured out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Last year Jests v Dolphins was moved to 4:00 p.m., so (in theory) Green New Jersey knew it had no shot at the playoffs before the game started and the thinking around here was that the Jests tanked in order to stick it to the Pats and allow the 'phins into the tournament via tie-breaker. The reality of the situation was that Green New Jersey had already tanked the season when they jettisoned a perfectly serviceable Chad Pennington for the washed up Diva, Bert Favray.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

LOL Bert Favray  ha ha ha soooo funny!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Mike, the problem is Cincy may be thinking the same thing and that would put a new definition to this title. 
    I say if the Pats can play like yesterday than keep it going. It's not like they've been on a roll and can afford to rest. They just came off the first complete game in a while (Titans) and IMO need to stay in sync. If the Bolts come up in round two so be it. We'll just eliminate the toughest team first.

It's time for another round of dancing with the Bolts at mid field again anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Since the Pats have had trouble closing, they may just keep everyone in for the whole game provided it is a game that needs closing. Houston will be fighting until the end. Also, Taylor is just getting his legs back and may need some more live reps.