jets just got the kiss of death from none other than LT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

jets just got the kiss of death from none other than LT

weei is reporting laydownagain tomlinson is guarnteeing a championship...

the kiss of death...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: jets just got the kiss of death from none other than LT

whats guarnteeing mean?

and dont get me wrong here...i dont think the jets will be anything special but it seems kinda crazy to write them off now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Things could get worse! (LOL)

Adam_Schefter More (ex)-Raiders news RT @NFL_FantasyNews Sources tell ESPN's Rich Cimini that the Jets have inquired about QB JaMarcus Russell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

dont you mean better???  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

So what...Rex has been saying that since he got here.  Remember the whole he didnt come to NY as the HC to kiss belichick's rings?  As far as LT, he has a chip on his shoulder so good for him.  He will have his opportunity to show the NFL that he has something left in the tank.  He has been disrespected and he will not get overworked this year with SG starting at tailback.  You guys had better work on suring up that OL.  We are bringing the heat with our defense.  If you thought our defense was good last year, wait until you get a taste this year.  Looks like we have 2 number 1 corner backs when most teams wish they had one. 

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4K4K

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Well said Russ!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

I wont fault any one for saying their team is going to go to the superbowl or win a championship this year. I would expect every single patriot to feel the same way, would be worried if they didn't. I do feel this is something they certainly shouldn't be shouting from the roof tops. Only sets you up for disappointment and ridicule when it doesn't happen. How the hell was LT disrespected? He showed the chargers he had NOTHING left in the tank for the last 2 years. While the Jests have certainly added what looks to be a lot of quote un quote talent, it would certainly be premature to write them off as the season hasn't even started. Yet, one need only look at Cincinnati to see what happens when you have a small group of malcontents and players of questionable character on and off the field.

In Response to Re: jets just got the kiss of death from none other than LT:
    So what...Rex has been saying that since he got here.  Remember the whole he didnt come to NY as the HC to kiss belichick's rings?  As far as LT, he has a chip on his shoulder so good for him.  He will have his opportunity to show the NFL that he has something left in the tank.  He has been disrespected and he will not get overworked this year with SG starting at tailback.  You guys had better work on suring up that OL.  We are bringing the heat with our defense.  If you thought our defense was good last year, wait until you get a taste this year.  Looks like we have 2 number 1 corner backs when most teams wish they had one.  http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4K4K
    Posted by whodeawhodat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: jets just got the kiss of death from none other than LT:
    NE will just run at your crappy DE (whether it be Gholston or DeVito) and an old Jason Taylor to the weak side and then run right through Cromartie.  I don't think you quite understand how weak your edge defense will be on that side. There isn't one player on that side who is known to do anything in run support. Good luck watching that all year, especially against offenses that can dictate. NY played their best game last year against NE defensively against a rusty Brady and no Welker. You fans in NY are so beyond obtuse it's not even funny. NE has the best QB in football back a full season removed from post surgery/recovery and has upgraded its weapons offensively. Translation: You are beyind delusional if you expect a follow up to Week 2 last year. Delusional. Expect major problems trying to contain this offense. They won't be as predictable. LT is one of the dumbest people in the NFL. 
    Posted by russgriswold

Rusty....You are truely ignorant.  The Jets had the number one defense last year.  All we have done is upgraded that defense.  I heard all the "you are going to get run over" last year when Big Jenks went down and look what happened.  Now he is back, along with another #1 CB in Cromartie, #1 draft pick in Wilson, a pass rusher in taylor(still hate saying that) and we got rid of the softest person on our defense in Rhodes. Quick question, how was Adelius Thomas against the run? In short, you or anyone for that fact are NOT going to run over this defense.  You call me obtuse, just put me on ignore Rusty because you have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion.  LT is playing with a chip on his shoulder, he will run hard and will have his opportunities whether in the run game or coming out of the backfield(which was nonexistant on our team last year).  He will not have to carry the load, which at this stage of his career would not be able to do.

You guys better pay that OL because you dont want brady taking to many hits this year.  Poor guy working for his friend Kraft, a friend that wont give him the security of a long term contract.  He hurts that knee again and we will see how good a friend Kraft is to him.  I see all you NE fans singing the Brady song about how he is single handedly going to get you the East title again this year but he doesnt even have a contract with your team for next year or an intact line to protect him up front.  Must not be that big a peice of the puzzle that you dont want him long term.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jests may have had the #1 statisticle defense but how did that translate to wins and losses especially in the division?? jenkins may be back but he had major knee reconstruction and he is at the point of attack and has to play two 300 lb guys every game...lets see how he holds up...or better yet if he holds up...he aint no spring chicken...   the cromartie thing.... thats kinda looking like a steal.... for the chargers...dumping an ageing injured problem player for a low draft pick..

this doesnt even take into account the impending implosion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

laydownagain always had a chip on his shoulder....and always spouted off at the mouth..... and cried like a little biatch when he got his hat handed to him...on more than one occassion

the more things change the more they stay the same.... no what im saying??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i just want to point out, when you are typing a message you dont have to say "quote un quote talent" you can just type "talent".

Go PATS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

26 years old is old for a probowl corner?cmon man.  you can do better than that.  As far as Jenks, I hope he holds up as well.  That dood can push 2 300lb linemen backward, got to be the strongest man in the nfl.  As for the statistical bs, we led the league in enough categories that we are #1 on that side of the ball.  It aint like we only led the league in allowed pts or allowed rushing yrds...

On a side note, Kobi really effed you guys up, Pierce just declared himself a free agent....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

cromartie is toast...jenkins?? two guys no, one guy maybe when he was younger...not anymore.

statistics mean didly...you didnt answer the question...how did that correlate to their overal record, in particular the division... since you didnt answer I will for you...   they were average...and that was in a year when ne was re-tooling...you should be concerned

this is patriots forum...but i will say you got to know when to fish or cut bait...sometimes you got to move on

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

okay, so now Cro is not old, he is toast.  I get it...I would not bet against Jenkins.  He is a monster and he is participating in offseason workouts.  Only good thing about losing him so early in the season last year is that he will be ready and 100% for this season.

As for your question about wins and losses.  We had a rookie HC and a rookie QB.  Our QB play showed flashes at times but he lost us a few games.  He played at a much higher level at the end of the year and in the playoffs.  In all I look at him on the upswing.  Wins and losses, you won the east last year, doesnt mean that the losses fell on my defense.  I wouldnt trade the Jets defense for any other in the league.