Jets' last five wins and next Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Jets' last five wins and next Monday

Their last five wins are against teams that, as of today, total 14 wins and 38 losses.

The combined score of these wins is 129-97. They are hanging on by a thread against the bottom of the pack teams. Two things these teams have in common is that they are all losing teams, and they are all last in their division (except Cleveland who is one game above the Bengals, so that pretty much counts).

Now, within the next four weeks they will be facing the 9-2 Pats, and two teams who are on top in their divisions. They also play the Dolphins who, while not good, will certainly play them hard.

Personally, I think they will lose at least three out of their last five games and finish second in the division. If this were to happen they would most likely go into the playoffs cold and lose their first game.

I know this has all been said throughout various posts, but they are vastly overrated and the Pats will show them who's boss next week. If the Pats win next Monday, they should definitely have homefield advantage. The Pats have the biggest game of the season coming up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday

I should have tacked the Vikings and Bills there as well. Those are two top tier teams once again. A 2-8 and a 3-7 team. What's that make it? 19-53? That's a .358 winning percentage. At least they won the games they should have, but they have been playing worse as the weeks go on. I think that locker room will be knocked back to reality when they play the Pats.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've never considered being a suicide bomber, but if I see grown men running around with their hands extended out pretending to fly like an airplane anymore I might be temped to strap on one of those vests and run onto the field.  Where did they get that idea, on one of their visits to the local elementary school?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I agree, expect for FatRex.

However, good teams find ways to win the close games.  And the Jets have been winning the close games.

I also think, judging by the way the Patriots kept targetting Moss in the first game, BB felt it was more important to clean up the Moss mess than to beat the Jets in that game.  So, the Patriots used that game to showcase Moss knowing that even if they did lose they could even up the series in the second game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

@PhatRex - your team almost lost to the Lions, you won like 3????you kiddin me an 2-9 team??? and you almost got beaten by Browns too, if it wasn't for your so called "clutch" play by QBs (where clearly it's opposing team bone-head play) you'll be miles away from this board lol you got balls bragging in here the way your teams are winning

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Yep, just another example of a top 3 defensive team getting done on luck, happens all the time.  BTW, who gives up 24 points to a backup QB no one has ever heard of?
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Jets are not a top 3 defensive team by any statistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I hate to agree with a chump troll like PhatRex, who I have on ignore, but I think you guys are underestimating the Jets because you hate them. I hate them too and they've had a series of very lucky wins but now they are a very dangerous team because they think they can win any game they are in. Sometimes you have to ignore stats and just trust your eyes. My eyes tell me the Jets are winners. Their big receivers and tight end are not a good matchup with our secondary, nor is their improvising quarterback a good matchup for our defensive line. I expect a very tough game against the Jets, I do see the Pats winning and that's my call but I won't be shocked to see the Jets win, and it's not a radical thing to say but I do think whoever wins this game will claim the division. I can't really see a scenario where the Pats lose and win the division, the Jets have a slightly better chance to pull that scenario off due to tiebreakers. 

Since home field is going to be big for us this year in some ways we can call this next game a playoff team. The winner will be a super bowl contender and the loser is going to have only a long shot chance to make it there. It's going to be an intense game and if you think "we're going to kill them because they barely beat the ____" then you don't understand how football works. Look at our back to back games with Cleveland and Pittsburgh for yet another example of how matchups and week to week variations change outcomes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to agree with a chump troll like PhatRex, who I have on ignore, but I think you guys are underestimating the Jets because you hate them. I hate them too and they've had a series of very lucky wins but now they are a very dangerous team because they think they can win any game they are in. Sometimes you have to ignore stats and just trust your eyes. My eyes tell me the Jets are winners. Their big receivers and tight end are not a good matchup with our secondary, nor is their improvising quarterback a good matchup for our defensive line. I expect a very tough game against the Jets, I do see the Pats winning and that's my call but I won't be shocked to see the Jets win, and it's not a radical thing to say but I do think whoever wins this game will claim the division. I can't really see a scenario where the Pats lose and win the division, the Jets have a slightly better chance to pull that scenario off due to tiebreakers.  Since home field is going to be big for us this year in some ways we can call this next game a playoff team. The winner will be a super bowl contender and the loser is going to have only a long shot chance to make it there. It's going to be an intense game and if you think "we're going to kill them because they barely beat the ____" then you don't understand how football works. Look at our back to back games with Cleveland and Pittsburgh for yet another example of how matchups and week to week variations change outcomes.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    liked your post, but the media says and has said the same thing about all the other teams we play. Its either this QB or these receivers will pick apart the Pats secondary. But our team ends up making more or the big play at the right time. I will be honest, we have had our fair share of issues and I have my own criticisms, but they have improved. This what makes the defense special, our ability to make big turnovers and plays when it matters. Sure the Jets are winners, but they are winners against poor teams in which they almost lost. Pats victories are against elite teams, at time nerve racking and seemingly lost. I also agree that the Pats will win, its just way to important to lose. Monday night at home, the Pats will be ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think it's foolish to underestimate the Jets.  Sure, they've had close calls against bad teams--but they've still won all of those games, often with some pretty impressive drives (or big plays) at the ends of the games.  The Jets are a tough team that keeps games close and can capitalize on mistakes or make a few big plays to eek out wins.  I think we'll beat out the Jets for first place, but I think we'll have to win nearly all our games going forward because I don't think the Jets are going to lose too many more. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's foolish to underestimate the Jets.  Sure, they've had close calls against bad teams--but they've still won all of those games, often with some pretty impressive drives (or big plays) at the ends of the games.  The Jets are a tough team that keeps games close and can capitalize on mistakes or make a few big plays to eek out wins.  I think we'll beat out the Jets for first place, but I think we'll have to win nearly all our games going forward because I don't think the Jets are going to lose too many more. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this post. I too believe it is a mistake to underestimate the Jets. Although i like neither the team nor the fans they are a good football team.  A team does not get to 9-2 at this point without being good.

It will take a total team effort by our Pats to beat these guys.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

regardless of the outlook of past games strength .   the jets will bring it harder against pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I should have tacked the Vikings and Bills there as well. Those are two top tier teams once again. A 2-8 and a 3-7 team. What's that make it? 19-53? That's a .358 winning percentage. At least they won the games they should have, but they have been playing worse as the weeks go on. I think that locker room will be knocked back to reality when they play the Pats.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]
    your spewing bad karma may send you into reality next week. remember '07. my giants and I do. Pride goeth before destruction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Pats have to beat the Jets next week. I will not be surpised if seeding is decided by a tiebreaker for these two teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Yep, just another example of a top 3 defensive team getting done on luck, happens all the time.  BTW, who gives up 24 points to a backup QB no one has ever heard of?
    Who barely wins and has a QB that was pathetic against lowly Cincy? Look at the stats of the teams they beat.  Local high schools can beat them.  The Pats give up a lot of points..but they win against the good teams.  It is not about style, but substance.  BTW, their points against is not much better than 2001, so watch out doofus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, expect for FatRex. However, good teams find ways to win the close games.  And the Jets have been winning the close games. I also think, judging by the way the Patriots kept targetting Moss in the first game, BB felt it was more important to clean up the Moss mess than to beat the Jets in that game.  So, the Patriots used that game to showcase Moss knowing that even if they did lose they could even up the series in the second game.
    Posted by Will-Redd[/QUOTE]
    BB will never relinquish any game no matter what.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]I've never considered being a suicide bomber, but if I see grown men running around with their hands extended out pretending to fly like an airplane anymore I might be temped to strap on one of those vests and run onto the field.  Where did they get that idea, on one of their visits to the local elementary school?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

PLEASE do, that is so arsine!! They should be ashamed of them selves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If the Pats establish the run against the Jets the Pats win somewhat comfortably. Big if, but the Pats running game is so much better now than it was last time these teams met. On defense Arrington looks like the only liability right now; everyone else is playing their position overall pretty well. Butler clearly is the better talent but his attitude appears questionable; I think I saw Brady yelling at him (I may be off on this one) near the end of the game because he was nonchalant closing down a pass in front of him (even though the game was out of reach at that point).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Who barely wins and has a QB that was pathetic against lowly Cincy? Look at the stats of the teams they beat.  Local high schools can beat them.  The Pats give up a lot of points..but they win against the good teams.  It is not about style, but substance.  BTW, their points against is not much better than 2001, so watch out doofus
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]
    I THINK THE PATS BEAT A HS TEAM YESTERDAY. NO?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats establish the run against the Jets the Pats win somewhat comfortably. Big if, but the Pats running game is so much better now than it was last time these teams met. On defense Arrington looks like the only liability right now; everyone else is playing their position overall pretty well. Butler clearly is the better talent but his attitude appears questionable; I think I saw Brady yelling at him (I may be off on this one) near the end of the game because he was nonchalant closing down a pass in front of him (even though the game was out of reach at that point).
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    Up by 21 points and Detroit on their own 28 and TB is screaming for someone to make a play with 3 minutes left. Reminds me of how he said he wanted to destroy every team they played because of Spygate. Pride goeth before that destruction of them in the SB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Phat... be honest with yourself..  yes, winning games are great and all that counts is getting the W, but, as much as you expound on how great your Jets are, you have to be concerned they are eeking by bad teams, getting an inordinate amount of breaks from them to win the games they are winning.  You have to say to yourself.. " How will this team do when they play a GOOD team?"  I know your answer..  you'll say they'll win, but a good team does not grab a W off the silver platter and hand it to the Jets like these last 5 teams have.  Seems the Bungles were begging the Jets to win! Even you thought the Pats would not get past the Steelers and the Colts and they handled them fairly well.  You probably even thought the Pats would lose against the Lions, a team the Jets won with gifts.  Granted, we shouldn't underestimate the Jets and they will turn it up against the Pats, no doubt, but, why couldn't they look real good these last 5?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from edi5386. Show edi5386's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : I totally agree with this post. I too believe it is a mistake to underestimate the Jets. Although i like neither the team nor the fans they are a good football team.  A team does not get to 9-2 at this point without being good. It will take a total team effort by our Pats to beat these guys.    
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

As a Jet Fan, I  am deeply worried about NE.  Like the colts Manning, Brady gets the ball out so fast that he can just dink and dunk down to the goal line.  The jets pressure is not that great either so will see.  At least you two guys have some objectivity.  The rest of these homers just spew emotional banter about how bad the Jets are and are just lucky.  Good teams know how to win even if it is ugly.  I'm sure not all NE wins were a picasso.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Jets will be ready to play.  There is something to be said about playing to the level of your competition.  Granted, the Jets could've easily lost a few games in the past month but in at least a few of those games they made great plays to win the game.  Given them credit. 

I personally think the Jets aren't as good as their 9-2 record, or should I say their 9-2 record masks the fact that they are not head and shoulders above everyone else despite what a lot of national media would have you believe, especially about their "dominant" defense.  But to take them lightly or expect that this is a gimme because it's a home game is ridiculous. This is a division game and we all know better than to play the game of comparing common opponents as a barometer of how a team will play week to week.  So they almost lost to Detroit?  They will be ready to play next Monday, guaranteed.