Jets not getting better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Jets not getting better

I disagree with all the postings stating that the Jets are improving this off season. They ar a team that lost 6 in a row last season, and a team that the Pats did diminate on Nov 22. They are also a team that has offensive struggles, ranked #17 in off last season and #31 in passing. They also lost T Jones, the #1 RB and offensive club house leader.  The rcving group as a whole is weak, and Sanchez is a soph QB with a reduced running game and questionable passing game.
    The defense has added a CB that has been on a downward slide, cannot tackle and makes very questionable decisions off the field. The defense has also lost its starting S and starting DE.
    The special teams has also lost its clutch FG K
    The molding of the Jets team has created a top heavy team that is lacking depth and character off the field. Yes, every game against the Pats will be a playoff game to them, but this is still a coaches league, and while Ryan is a good DC, as a HC he is a joke.
    The Jets are certainly not a gimme win, but to think they are better than an 8-8 team is wrong.
    Games are not won in March and April. Rosters are not completed in March and April. I will take the Pats roster at this moment over the Jets roster, for this year and the next few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Jets not getting better

Amen....I didnt have time to break that all down, but Im glad someone did. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I agree with all you have said, but they are a team that the Pats will struggle against because of the type of defense they play, and our inability to protect the quarterback and open holes for the RBs. The Pats need to improve their OL to beat these attacking teams. It was division loses that kept us out of the playoffs in 2002 and 2008. We can't afford to lose these games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Blah blah blah. Keep trying..... They will get a new RB and Sanchez is improving on a weekly basis. And Russ, you keep coming up with the pitiful rationalizations to cover your own teams' glaring weaknesses. Talk about Ghoulston (ad nauseum I must say you guys are pathetic), what about that AT deal?? He really worked out for ya didn't he?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

agreed

however the Jets stole the Patriots SWAG

maybe FORK will bring back the SWAG along with help from Brady

his quotes seem to be about that exactly

if we could only get Bodden Meriwheather and Mayo to start preaching the same tune we would be all set 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/11/if-no-deal-gets-done-in-minnesota-lt-will-head-to-nyc/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better:
    Blah blah blah. Keep trying..... They will get a new RB and Sanchez is improving on a weekly basis. And Russ, you keep coming up with the pitiful rationalizations to cover your own teams' glaring weaknesses. Talk about Ghoulston (ad nauseum I must say you guys are pathetic), what about that AT deal?? He really worked out for ya didn't he?
    Posted by RipFace

Sanchez had surgury and who is going to replace Thomas Jones and Leon Washington?  Please tell me who is going to replace the 1922 (rush and rec) yards that they lose with these 2?  Please don't tell me that Shonn Green is that person.....he isn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : Sanchez had surgury and who is going to replace Thomas Jones and Leon Washington?  Please tell me who is going to replace the 1922 (rush and rec) yards that they lose with these 2?  Please don't tell me that Shonn Green is that person.....he isn't.
    Posted by m1021us
    ...Tommy boy had much more serious surgery and he came back.. as for LW, he hasn't left the team yet so until he does, he is part of the Jets and if you think they will not get another back, you're as blind as I think you are

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...Tommy boy had much more serious surgery and he came back.. as for LW, he hasn't left the team yet so until he does, he is part of the Jets and if you think they will not get another back, you're as blind as I think you are
    Posted by RipFace

R.I.P Face i mean Leon are you sure Green New York can keep it all together next season. With a big mouthed coach, Horrible QB !!! Cassel is 2 times the player Sanchez is ....  a aging Jenkins, Pace and no real Safety or Running back man Green New York has more holes to fill then the roads in Bronx !!

I wish Cryin Ryan many more years of tears being the fat boy he isWink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : R.I.P Face i mean Leon are you sure Green New York can keep it all together next season. With a big mouthed coach, Horrible QB !!! Cassel is 2 times the player Sanchez is ....  a aging Jenkins, Pace and no real Safety or Running back man Green New York has more holes to fill then the roads in Bronx !! I wish Cryin Ryan many more years of tears being the fat boy he is
    Posted by hoyle
    ...sorry to disappoint you Hoy but I ain't Leon. The big mouth coach and his "horrible QB" made it a lot farther than your cadavar coach and pretty boy, diaper changing QB. No matter how they got in they won 2 playoff games to how many did the Patsies win??? Oh yeah NONE. Why don't you address some of the holes that you have on your team..aging players, a cra#py secondary, no real running game, a partial receiver corps, and an O line that couldn't push a bunch of geriatrics out of the way to make room to run. See ya...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...Tommy boy had much more serious surgery and he came back.. as for LW, he hasn't left the team yet so until he does, he is part of the Jets and if you think they will not get another back, you're as blind as I think you are
    Posted by RipFace

I am sure that the Jests will get another back...but it is not going to be a 1400 yd 14 TD back.....their O took a step backward.....

And as far as the surgery, yes Tommy boy did have more serious surgery.....but everyone comes back differently...you have no clue how Sanchez will come back...Just like we won't know how Welker will come back....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1814

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...sorry to disappoint you Hoy but I ain't Leon. The big mouth coach and his "horrible QB" made it a lot farther than your cadavar coach and pretty boy, diaper changing QB. No matter how they got in they won 2 playoff games to how many did the Patsies win??? Oh yeah NONE. Why don't you address some of the holes that you have on your team..aging players, a cra#py secondary, no real running game, a partial receiver corps, and an O line that couldn't push a bunch of geriatrics out of the way to make room to run. See ya...
    Posted by RipFace

What a joker you are Leon !!!  Who remember SB CHAMPIONS everyone who remember making the playoffs only desperate fans from Green New York  hoping to one day be like the Mighty Patriots.
    I'll send you some Kleenex tissues in November to help you come to terms with how over rated the Green New York Machine really is

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Ok Leon enough with the hide and seek name changing. We all know your style by know. A little wit but too much twit .....
    BB's Shrine isn't in mommys basement it's  hanging in Gillete stadium a loft in the wind so all our loyal fans can know what its like to win it all and i think last i counted it was 3 shrines and counting !!!! A las Green New York are just happy being above .500

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Lets not forget the JETS choke factor. They have done nothing in over 40 years besides spit the bit when it counts and their fans know it coming again this season as well. They are just in denial.
    J-Just
    E-End
    T-The
    S-Season and clap when Fireman Ed tells you to. What a joke franchise!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ....you are truly stupid if you think I am that idiot Leon. You still can['t come to grips that your team blew it big time while your hated rivals went much further. This year? Who knows but for now, they Jets played better than the MIGHTY PATSIES and at least some fans here can deal with it. Why can't you? Is your BB shrine still in mommies basement? 
    Posted by RipFace

Dude, you are not making a strong case for yourself.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

If you guys want to still think I am Leon, then go ahead but you are dead wrong. He's an embarrasment. I can come on here and say anything I want about my team especially when one of your own starts a thread. If you want to put them down, then I will defend them and make points against your team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

We will see how next season goes. I am not predicting anything but I am expecting them to impprove even more than they did last season. And I assume you mean "AFC EAST Championship flag" since they didnt even come close to the real AFC title. As for both franchises, the entire series between the 2 teams is tied (or within one game of a W or L). If the Jets are a joke franchise, that doesn't say much for your team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

We will see how next season goes. I am not predicting anything but I am expecting them to impprove even more than they did last season. And I assume you mean "AFC EAST Championship flag" since they didnt even come close to the real AFC title. As for both franchises, the entire series between the 2 teams is tied (or within one game of a W or L). If the Jets are a joke franchise, that doesn't say much for your team
    Posted by RipFace

Jests D looks to have improved, but as I have said before...the QB needs a-lot more learning to do and stay healthy.....and they lost 1400 yds and 14 TD...that is a HUGE loss.....especially for a team that is run first.

You keep saying that the Jests will get a replacement RB to fill in for TJ.....Who is out there that has that kind of production?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : Jests D looks to have improved, but as I have said before...the QB needs a-lot more learning to do and stay healthy.....and they lost 1400 yds and 14 TD...that is a HUGE loss.....especially for a team that is run first. You keep saying that the Jests will get a replacement RB to fill in for TJ.....Who is out there that has that kind of production?
    Posted by m1021us
    ...If Leon W comes back, combine him with another runner and you can compensate for the TJ loss (which I am not happy with). You are right about the run-first aspect and I am assuming they have some master plan in place to take care of it. Sanchez did pretty well for a QB with very limited College experience but he does have a lot to learn and I expect that he will outdo last year where they had to cover for his shortcomings

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the phins are better than the jets...if i were the pats...they are the ones id be worried about

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

As for both franchises, the entire series between the 2 teams is tied (or within one game of a W or L). If the Jets are a joke franchise, that doesn't say much for your team Jets Pats Superbowl Champions 1 3 Superbowl Appearances 1 6 AFL Champions (pre 1966) 0 1 AFL/AFC Champions 4 7 Division Champions 4 13 Playoff Appearances 12 16 Record in Playoffs 10-12 .455 20-13 .606 You represent your team well, you tell lies you can't back up and do nothing but talk crap like all the rest of you NY trolls. Does that look like it's tied to you? btw- you have a tough year coming, last year you didn't have any expectations like every other year but this year it's back to having your hopes smashed with a 8-8 record and another missed playoff year. The run game won't be as good as last year. The D isn't sneaking up on anyone this year and Sanchez is a pick artist that may be a little better, but not the answer. I can't wait until next season-haha
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    ...we'll see Sam. My tallies from before were REGULAR season games, so you are right about the post season. NE has a big advantage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...If Leon W comes back, combine him with another runner and you can compensate for the TJ loss (which I am not happy with). You are right about the run-first aspect and I am assuming they have some master plan in place to take care of it. Sanchez did pretty well for a QB with very limited College experience but he does have a lot to learn and I expect that he will outdo last year where they had to cover for his shortcomings
    Posted by RipFace

You said IF.....L Washington comes back.....he also suffered a season ending injury.....and there is currently nobody out there that is as good as T Jones was right now.  So technically, the Jets did not get any better....and I can say that for every team in the NFL because every team has not filled their roster....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : You said IF.....L Washington comes back.....he also suffered a season ending injury.....and there is currently nobody out there that is as good as T Jones was right now.  So technically, the Jets did not get any better....and I can say that for every team in the NFL because every team has not filled their roster....
    Posted by m1021us
    ...yes IF. I hope he does 'cause he's a game changer. His speed and agility in the backfield and on special teams makes him extremely valuable and they'd be dumb to let him go too. I would say the D definitely is getting better..getting Jenkins back, adding the human baby-maker to the backfield (at least his football talents are there. His off field stuff is worrysome) and maybe even poaching AT from you. For the O, TJ was a blunder, and I am expecting Sanchez to improve but overall the O is a wash at this point. Maybe they can highlight Sanchez a little more and NOT have to rely on the runners so much?? We'll see what they do in the draft and with the rest of the FA players available

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

BB will not take any opponent for granted unlike some posters.