Jets not getting better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Re: Jets not getting better

Jets fans can paint whatever rosy picture they want, but when the sh!t hits the fan, they still have a doofus for a head coach and Dirty Sanchez as their QB.  I'll take Brady and Belichick everyday and twice on Sundays.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better:
    RipFace, Don't make me go back and put a side by side comparison of playoff wins between the two, it'll just make you realize what a joke franchise the Jets really are.  That was my comment to you As for both franchises, the entire series between the 2 teams is tied (or within one game of a W or L). If the Jets are a joke franchise, that doesn't say much for your team That was your response to me That's why I put the side by side together. I said playoffs.  You're right on the regular season. The Jets are up 50-49-1 all time. If you think about it though it just makes your case worse because it proves they had the talent but can't win in the playoffs. No wonder why Joe Lame-Mouth is still famous, he's the last QB the Jets have had....they've had talent but not enough to push them over the top. Very aggravating for a long suffering, but dedicated fan.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If the Pats don't fix their running game, the Jets will give them fits this season.

The Jets did improve in one key area: Pass Defense

If the Pats offense takes the same 2007/2009 approach, that 16-9 loss will be closer to the norm than the 31-14 win.

All the more reason this team needs a workhorse RB. The Jets still look vulnerable to a power running game and if the Pats can mount a successfull power rushing attack, that great Jets Pass D would become another Marginot Line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Jets fans can paint whatever rosy picture they want, but when the sh!t hits the fan, they still have a doofus for a head coach and Dirty Sanchez as their QB.  I'll take Brady and Belichick everyday and twice on Sundays.
    Posted by ShiningWizard
    ..if he's such a "doofus" how come he got a rookie QB to the AFCCG?? Anyway you want to rationalize them getting into the playoffs, the fact is that if they were "lucky" to get in, why did they win 2 games? I suppose Cincy and SD BOTH laid down for them?? If the Pats had played them and beaten them, it would be a completely different story. I know how you homers think. When it happens to "them", it's luck. With "us" its skill. Coach Cadavar and diaper boy will still be good but their days of dominance are over so you'd better get used to sweating out the season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

CubanPete, I totally agree with you. If they can't start moving the ball on the ground the Jets (and many others) are going to start teeing up on TB. What made past years work for them is being balanced. Getting some guys to open a hole may be the most important thing they need. They'll always be a passing team but they couldn't even keep people honest last year. Then throw in only having two primary receivers and it's a miracle they won the east. RipFace, to me it doesn't matter how a team gets in. Once you're in it's a whole new season and their D and running game kept them in it. I think their D surprised a lot of people last year maybe none more than Cincy. Revis shut down half the field himself. But that was last year, they showed everyone what kind of D they have, what kind of coach they have, what kind of running game they have and now the film's out there for everyone to breakdown. When you put something like that together you gotta go all the way before it falls apart and the Jets didn't. The surprise is gone 
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    ...agreed. They have to adapt their game if they expect to succeed. Manning exposed weaknesses and they must be addressed. Even though it's still TBD, I think Sanchez can become a good NFL QB and if so, he will make teams pay more attention to him thus not requiring a dominating run game. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Jets just lost Rhodes, Sheppard and Strickland from their secondary. They have limited draft picks yet again.  They have crappy WRs.  Their TE is overrated.  They are now thin at RB.  They will be cocky and end up .500 again. 
    Posted by russgriswold
    ....they just picked up 2 secondary guys who are better than what they lost. The receivers are not as bad as you hoped since you give the Jets NO credit for anything so your snarky comments just reek of bitterness. They went to the championship game and you were the one and done team. Tell me how the Patsies are better at RB? At WR? Moss is still valuable at some level. Welker is coming off major surgery. Their O line is old and cannot block. the D line got pushed around like a D2 college team in your loss to the Ravens. You have Brady and a kicker, yes. But the rest I would take the Jets position by position. The draft will tell whether Coach Cadavar can rework this team. Oh yeah, rebuilding.... Will that be your excuse if they don't succeed this year? Or will it be injuries? How about just saying they weren't that great with the team they had

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...yes IF. I hope he does 'cause he's a game changer. His speed and agility in the backfield and on special teams makes him extremely valuable and they'd be dumb to let him go too. I would say the D definitely is getting better..getting Jenkins back, adding the human baby-maker to the backfield (at least his football talents are there. His off field stuff is worrysome) and maybe even poaching AT from you. For the O, TJ was a blunder, and I am expecting Sanchez to improve but overall the O is a wash at this point. Maybe they can highlight Sanchez a little more and NOT have to rely on the runners so much?? We'll see what they do in the draft and with the rest of the FA players available
    Posted by RipFace

But the Jets have not improved as the original post states.....Leon is not back, TJ leaving is a huge hole in the run game and you have no idea id Sanchez will improve.  If anything, the Jets have stayed the same.....

And I have been saying all along, nobody has improved....it is too early in Free agency to say that anyone has.... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : But the Jets have not improved as the original post states.....Leon is not back, TJ leaving is a huge hole in the run game and you have no idea id Sanchez will improve.  If anything, the Jets have stayed the same..... And I have been saying all along, nobody has improved....it is too early in Free agency to say that anyone has.... 
    Posted by m1021us
    ....OK, let's agree to wait til FA is over and the draft occurs. THEN we'll continue the discussion

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Sanchise continues to throw occasional Sancheese.  That may never get any better. 

I don't think the Jets will really miss Thomas Jones.  He wasn't that good.  They may miss Leon Washington if he doesn't recover (it's a tough game!) 

The problem is, drafting some hot young runner leaves the Sancheese open to getting popped, because runners need two years to learn how to block. 

Ah, yes, the draft is coming up, and the same GM that drafted stone-hips Gholston (and for all I know, shrimpy-arms DeWayne too) is going to make the big picks again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If the Pats don't fix their running game, the Jets will give them fits this season. The Jets did improve in one key area: Pass Defense If the Pats offense takes the same 2007/2009 approach, that 16-9 loss will be closer to the norm than the 31-14 win. All the more reason this team needs a workhorse RB. The Jets still look vulnerable to a power running game and if the Pats can mount a successfull power rushing attack, that great Jets Pass D would become another Marginot Line.
    Posted by CubanPete

This is reasonably accurate.
    The Pats dominance in the second meeting last season can be laid entirely at the feet of The Sanchise. Much of what has been posted here -- particularly Green New Jersey's short-term, stop-gap, Band-aid (whatever you want to call it) philosophy -- is reasonable. But ultimately what Jests fan is going to regret the most is moving up so far to pluck this guy (BDC Tip of the Day: You can't say "sn*tch"). My crystal ball says Sanchez doesn't have it and Green New Jersey's best hope is to be Baltimore North for a year or two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ...keep yammering away Russ. Let's see what happens to your so-called "rebuilding" team. That and the injury excuse are old. You suffer from a syndrome that's described as "we rule..you s#ck." Typical homer. Take off the blinders fool. At least some on this thread can discuss. You just spout the same old tired points. And what exactly is your "successful plan"? Change coordinators after suffering disaster after disaster? Where's YOUR running game? What about the O and D lines? The FA market is not exactly reaping too many benfits for you. And the draft? What is coach Cadavar gonna do to plug the holes?
    Posted by RipFace

We didn't win the SB because we weren't good enough. A 10-6 season barely mets expectations in New England. The bars so high when your a winner ....... 

R.I.P  "  Leon may the kleenex tissues keep you warm on Sundays

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : ..if he's such a "doofus" how come he got a rookie QB to the AFCCG?? Anyway you want to rationalize them getting into the playoffs, the fact is that if they were "lucky" to get in, why did they win 2 games? I suppose Cincy and SD BOTH laid down for them?? If the Pats had played them and beaten them, it would be a completely different story. I know how you homers think. When it happens to "them", it's luck. With "us" its skill. Coach Cadavar and diaper boy will still be good but their days of dominance are over so you'd better get used to sweating out the season
    Posted by RipFace

Look at who they beat: Cincy and San Diego.  When they faced a real challenge against the Colts, they got trounced.  When the Pats played in Indy, they found a way to lose that game.  Apples and oranges. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : Look at who they beat: Cincy and San Diego.  When they faced a real challenge against the Colts, they got trounced.  When the Pats played in Indy, they found a way to lose that game.  Apples and oranges. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard
    ..if your team had beaten ANYONE to go farther in the playoffs and beaten SD and Cincy, you'd all be crowing how they won. Because it's the Jets, you sing a different tune. And the Jets were winning the game at halftime, genious. Try again to downplay your teams shortcomings this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not getting better : The Pats were destroyed by a pedestrian Ravens team...They could not stop the run and the offense continued to struggle in big spots....The San Diego Charges were 2x the team that the Pats were last season. I am no Jets fan but if you match up the talent on both rosters they have more depth and talent. period
    Posted by Gally11

LOL!  SD is 2x better than the Pats!  That is a good one!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I see...so we're all homers because I've never met a group of fans as rational and objective thinking as the Jets' fan base...lol.  Seriously get of your high horse.  Your team makes the playoffs once every blue moon.  Get back to me when the J-E-T-S actually wins a division, or an AFCCG, or makes a super bowl appearance, much less wins a super bowl. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

I see...so we're all homers because I've never met a group of fans as rational and objective thinking as the Jets' fan base...lol.  Seriously get of your high horse.  Your team makes the playoffs once every blue moon.  Get back to me when the J-E-T-S actually wins a division, or an AFCCG, or makes a super bowl appearance, much less wins a super bowl. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard
    ...you dont have to win the division to excel inthe playoffs. The Patises won the division and what did it get them...a huge humiliating loss in the first game. The homers on this thread give NO credit to a team that even most of you were giving no chance of doing anything but made it to the AFCCG. Doesnt matter who they beat. They made it and you did not

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I disagree they are getting better and they already had a very good D last season. Ryan is a loud mouth turd who we all hate but to say he is a joke of a HC is a stretch - he took the team to the AFC game in his first year. A team we all laughed at before and during the year. Can't deny they are a threat to the AFC East crown. Pats need to make some moves to stay ahead of them. The only place they are currently stronger is at QB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ok heres my take. First off the jets are not "the team to beat" LOL , but there not as bad as some are making them out to be. Losing Jones will hurt , but IMHO Green will replace him. He has all the tools you would want and IMHO the jets do have a top 5 o-line. I think dirty Sanchez will be better , but not leaps and bounds better , he'll improve a lil' bit. Losing Rhodes will hurt , hes a natural FS and is a good football player. They did upgrade at CB though , AC is just a better CB and will benifit from the great team D the jets play. The PATS play a " read and react" D , while the jets play a "read and attack" scheme. Thats a perfect match for AC , listen the Chargers had no pass rush last year , IMHO I really think he'll be very good there. Again there not the team to beat , but I do think they will be right there again fighting for a p-off spot. Another thing you have to take into account is the PATS schedule , which could be extremely difficult. The jets/'fins will as always be tough outs and along with the schedule this will be a very tough year.
     One other thing I want to touch on and have read/heard from almost everyone on here is about the draft. Listen this draft isnt nearly as deep as most of you believe. Im sorry , but its pretty clear that all of you are just reciting almost verbatim from what you've heard on TV. Seriously Ive yet to hear one person explain why they think its so deep. The QB class is the weakest its been in years. The DB class is almost a joke , we got Berry and Thomas who are studs and Mays who could be , but who knows. Samething with the CB's , Haden's a stud , Wilson seems to be solid , but hardly a must have pick , then you got Warren , Dowling and Arenas. All of which are nothing special at all , Arenas will be picked more for his return skills than anything else. None of the projected OLB's stand out from the next , seriously please tell me who is worth a first round pick here. Yeah I like some of them , but they all scream 2nd/3rd/4th round to me. Depth isnt having 3-4 guys who are decent , the DT class is depth , the OT class is depth , not this group. You got the same problem at ILB , theres McClain and 2/3 pretty good guys , one of which is coming off an ACL. Who knows with the Rec. position , you got Bryant , and again 3-4 guys who dont standout from the next. I could keep going , but you get my point. Depth isnt having a bunch of decent guys , its when you have a bunch of very good players. Another reason you can tell its not nearly as deep as you think is everyones trying to trade out of the first and get into the 2/3 rd ,  LOL if its so deep where is the talent?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I disagree they are getting better and they already had a very good D last season. Ryan is a loud mouth turd who we all hate but to say he is a joke of a HC is a stretch - he took the team to the AFC game in his first year. A team we all laughed at before and during the year. Can't deny they are a threat to the AFC East crown. Pats need to make some moves to stay ahead of them. The only place they are currently stronger is at QB.
    Posted by Brad34

Brad,

Why do you disagree and why do you think they are getting better?
    -Is Cromartie/Pool and upgrade over Sheppard/Rhodes? A push at best.
    -Was M Douglas a starting/productive DE that was a strong influence in the locker room?
    -Is K Jenkins a year older and on the "off cycle" of his on/off career every other year?
    -Is Shonn Green a lead work horse RB? Is Leon coming back 100%?
    -Is Sanchez immune to the soph dip that swallowed Flacco and Ryan?
    -Did Edwards all of a sudden find his hands?
    -Woody and Moore on the the side of careers
    -For a team that plays field position/defense/field goal, they lost an all pro kicker
    Dispute my points if you wish, but at least tell me why you "think the Jets are getting better"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The Jets most definately appear to be on the rise. I was impressed by Sanchez at the end of the season. He was athletic, pretty poised and thew some really nice balls in clutch situations (3rd downs, etc).
    He will only get better IMO, and appears to have most of the tools for a young guy, to at least fit their style of offense, run 1st, pass second. Sanchez is mobile enough to get out of jams, seems pretty tough, and will be tough on play action with his bootleg ability and ability to throw the ball over the top.
    Their OLine is highly regarded..they have not proven to be great pass blockers yet, time will tell.
    Their D is coached by Rex Ryan, one of the top defensive minds in football, so they will most likely always be tough on D.
    Denver has proved you can plug in RB"s if you keep the system and OLine in tact.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=561