Jets not to be penalized for locker room incident

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Jets not to be penalized for locker room incident

WOW! soooo understanding of the Commish not to penalize his former employer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: Jets not to be penalized for locker room incident

Inez didn't have a problem with what took place. Nor were there any charges filed against any Jets players/coaches.

I say good for Goodel. The bad publicity was fair punishment in my unbiased eyes. As a fan of the Patriots I would've liked to see them penalized though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Penalized for what?

According to its own press, the league was merely being "proactive" in educating against potentially inappropriate behavior. The entire episode was much ado about nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

harrassment

...so was filming from the wrong location

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So, you think Green New Jersey should be punished even though there was no complaint?

Or do you think third parties should be able to decide whether or not your or I have been harrassed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Yes, if harassment occurred then appropriate action should be taken. 

If someone is harassed/assaulted and chooses not to bring charges a third party witness can and should.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Jets have been penalized in a way. WJ has to underwrite the program that is going to (LMAO at this) remind these players of what is in their contract and is bloody common sense: that they have (shock) act like adults and professionals when they are on the job. 

It is like dealing with infants...scratch that...infants tend to grasp right and wrong easier. 

Specific players can't be penalized, unless someone logs a complaint against them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Boys being boys. Can't penalize that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

^
    its men acting like juveniles harassing a women trying to do her job, her workplace like Z said is the locker room.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Jets not to be penalized for locker room incident:
    [QUOTE]harrassment ...so was filming from the wrong location
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]
    Harley Road King, Im not an expert but I am an ex union official with a bunch of years and experience on this very subject for Raytheon in ANdover Mass. Sexual Harrassment/ or Harrassment defined to a point of legal action must and should show intent, (on the person doing the harrassing
     not just comments made about clothing or how attractive the person is. From what we have read no vocal sexual assaults were ever made, no threats of sex or harm to this person by anyone.

Sexual Harrassment is a dirty business, I have been in on many first and up to 5th step grievances in the past. Many times in the work place it was due to a relationship gone bad, but not in this case obviously.

THis womans only intent was to bring attention to herself, not being a reporter of NFL news, how amazing no one ever heard of her before in the NFL, this was a set up from the word go. Whether you dislike the Jets or just plain hate them.  Had the NFL taken this further it would have caused so many problems down the line that reporting from the locker rooms most likely would be banned.

On this subject matter the Players/coaches need to be protected, lets say you have a female reporter with a grudge, she goes into the locker rooms and fabricates a certain player did a certain thing and she wants legal action, this little incident will be on the NFL attorneys agenda shortly you can count on that. This could have been a huge law suit that would have been nothing but bogus trouble for everyone. And please dont think it will never happen, it almost just did. If anyone seriously thinks this woman was there as a legitimate sports reporter then they have a problem. By the way, what was her article and wher edid it ever get posted?

The locker room is no place for a woman or any reporters, its a private bathroom/facility for players to get dressed and shower. That rule should be changed and made permanent for the protection of the NFL and its players/coaches and any future attacks from any misguided malcontent with big boobs and a web site. But to answer any legal questions, she has no case and stated that very point, it was other people near by that heard guys joking with her that felt the things she was being told were wrong not her.

This is a very serious subject the NFL and it's Lawyers need to look at and put safety nets into place, such as STAYING OUT OF LOCKER ROOMS, reporters go to the MEDIA ROOM and wait for the players there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Matilda>>>I'm no expert either but I believe your wrong, compliments made toward a person can be construed as either complimentary or as harassing there is a fine line there....so who knows the article I read said she covered her ears so I thinking they were harassing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Does anyone else find it ironic that a program about sexual harrassment is going to be written by someone named Woody Johnson?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets have been penalized in a way. WJ has to underwrite the program that is going to (LMAO at this) remind these players of what is in their contract and is bloody common sense: that they have (shock) act like adults and professionals when they are on the job.  It is like dealing with infants...scratch that...infants tend to grasp right and wrong easier.  Specific players can't be penalized, unless someone logs a complaint against them.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

This occured to me while reading the "Women in locker rooms" thread. There's an entirely different debate lurking beneath this whole Ines Sainz tempest in a teapot. A significant number of athletes who make it to this level don't have the first inkling of what it means to "act like an adult." In many cases they are sheltered and coddled and shielded from any responsibility beyond excelling on the field . . .  to such a point that we end up with a guy like Ben Roethlisberger, who in his heart of hearts, probably doesn't really believe there's anything wrong with taking drunken underage women into bathrooms to rape them and hiring cops to cover it up. It's easy for those of us who live in the real world to wag our fingers and say, "Well, it's simple common courtesy." But elite athletes do not live in the real world, and some of them haven't had to for a good long time.

Did everybody catch Reggie Bush repeating the word "respect" 500 times the other day in reference to his return of the Heisman Tropy, while adamantly avoiding any admission of wrongdoing?

These guys don't get it and if the league really wants professional adults (another debate entirely), it won't get them by beginning players' educations in their 20s.

(oh . . .  and Sybil, get some help)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Matilda />>>I'm no expert either but I believe your wrong, compliments made toward a person can be construed as either complimentary or as harassing there is a fine line there....so who knows the article I read said she covered her ears so I thinking they were harassing.

Harley here is what she has said and is being reported,

''It was an uncomfortable moment because you are in the team's dressing room and they are obviously changing clothes, showering - doing what they do every day in the locker room,'' Sainz said to the AP. ''So being a woman, obviously it was a bit uncomfortable.''
    THe most she says is they were saying or calling cat calls. Again not vicious verbal assaults, nothing showing or refering to harm, rape, sexual intrusion of any kind. And now look how she covered herself by saying I was in their dressing room, wher ethey shower and do their daily things, but I didnt look, meaning??????? 

THere are 2 sides to every story and then the actual facts third. I am not insulting you in any way but you are way off on this and this is why the NFL looked into this immediately. Had this woman been verbally attacked or sexually harrassed more lawyers would have been on her the second day than mexican illegals in this country.

This shows the policy of news reporting must be addressed and taken out of the locker rooms. The media doesnt need to be in there period whether its male or female.

Not to mention, any good defense attorney would of had a field day with her in just the way she dresses and carries herself. You may find interrest in sticking up for her bu tyo ubetter hope you never meet her lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets not to be penalized for locker room incident : This occured to me while reading the "Women in locker rooms" thread. There's an entirely different debate lurking beneath this whle Ines Sainz tempest in a teapot. A significant number of athletes who make it to this level don't have the first inkling of what it means to "act like an adult." In many cases they are sheltered and coddled and shielded from any responsibility beyond excelling on the field . . .  to such a point that we end up with a guy like Ben Roethlisberger, who in his heart of hearts, probably doesn't really believe there's anything wrong with taking drunken underage women into bathrooms to rape them and hiring cops to cover it up. It's easy for those of us who live in the real world to wag our fingers and say, "Well, it's simple common courtesy." But elite athletes do not live in the real world, and some of them haven't had to for a good long time. Did everybody catch Reggie Bush repeating the word "respect" 500 times the other day in reference to his return of the Heisman Tropy, while adamantly avoiding any admission of wrongdoing? These guys don't get it and if the league really wants professional adults (another debate entirely), it won't get them by beginning players' educations in their 20s.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    My question is why isnt she interviewing Rothlipsburger in his locker room shower?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Thank God that Inez Sainz wasn't interviewing Ryan Leaf moments after a loss.  He would have gone off on her, screamimng, yelling, ranting.  I'm sure that would have made her very uncomfortable. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Solid point PM. 

It isn't lurking under the surface, it is buried there. The only time it is brought up is when one player actually goes way over the line and beats up a journalist, takes money illegally, or r@pes someone. And even then, it is a small minority. 

People refuse to address the issue. 

And while it is evident that the wealthy and famous (in general) live in another world without any real consequences for their actions ... for some reason athletes transcend even that, inasmuch as many of these questions are reduced to their prerogative. It is a sub-culture, and it is a sub-culture that we all support.

The NFL can do little about it aside from scolding twenty something man-children. It would start at the high school level (really with the parents, but no one can do anything about that) proceed through college, and up to the pros. 

And yeah, Bush is laughable too. People down here are defending him. The rules are fairly simple. He plays for USC. In exchange he gets a free education (that many would die for) and relaxed rules about course loads. All he needs to do is not murder anyone, r@pe anyone, gamble on sports, or take money in a professional capacity.

Heck, he can punch people, be crude to people, get caught driving drunk and only be sent to classes to remind him he shouldn't do these things. But the kid just couldn't avoid it.

But what makes it funny....is that it is far from being a mere juvenile mistake in his past... the guy still, the better part of a decade later, doesn't understand what he did wrong, or isn't man enough to admit it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Matlda>>did you act in Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson? ...all about Raythons' tactics in the weapons for profit game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Inez didn't have a problem with what took place. Nor were there any charges filed against any Jets players/coaches. I say good for Goodel. The bad publicity was fair punishment in my unbiased eyes. As a fan of the Patriots I would've liked to see them penalized though.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

I am tempted to agree with that but I just remembered the incident at the old stadium where one of the exits was used by ticket holders to harass females going through. It was pretty ugly. I remember it was happening for a few games before it was even reported and I am not sure what happened. 

I realize that is the fans, but I am sure the Jets got an earful the first time it happened and the fact that it continued for a while makes me wonder about the attitude the Jets org has regarding women. That plus this incident make two ugly things a lot uglier.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Boys being boys. Can't penalize that.
    Posted by The-dude[/QUOTE]

Too bad they aren't men.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

She may not have filed a complaint, hell, maybe she is used to being harassed but other reporters who where there witnessed it and reported it.  Kind of a slap in the face to those present and felt that is was so bad they felt it was their obligation to report it.

With that said, she is hot!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]THis womans only intent was to bring attention to herself, not being a reporter of NFL news, how amazing no one ever heard of her before in the NFL, this was a set up from the word go. 
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

I think you've got your facts wrong. Your post indicates that you think she reported it. She didn't. Some other reporters who witnessed it did. They were apparently offended by it.

Also, she is not unknown. She showed up at the SB with a sign saying "Tom Brady Marry Me" I think that was in 2008, but I don't remember exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Matlda />>did you act in Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson? ...all about Raythons' tactics in the weapons for profit game.

HRK,

Hey, I just saw that movie last weekend. Loved Ray Winstone as Jedburgh. It was actually based on a BBC mini-series from the mid-1980's that was very highly regarded. It was written when a lot of folks in Thatcherite England were concerned about a bunch of things based on MT's politics including bombs raining from the sky.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Matlda />>did you act in Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson? ...all about Raythons' tactics in the weapons for profit game.
    No I had to pass on the part because Im a Jew and Gibson would have harrassed me ... Yell
    Actually we built the Patriot and Hawk missle and the radar assembly for the Amram. But those are secrets long gone bye.  I could tell you about them and how they work at 1 million a missle but then Mel Gibson would have to hunt me down and kill me. Save that for another movie.

Harley you have to admit this woman is fried, had she done this with the Patriots or the Red Sox we would want her deported on the next chimmey chonga out of town.

And Enchroot, yes I know she didnt report anything bad, I actually posted her statements on here, thats why I said this is a ridiculous stiry to begin with. She is only out for attention.
    She should have been interviewing Big Ben Rothlessbinghole and got herself a real story of harrassment, not Sanchez and the gay underground.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

She was harassed weather she admits it, knows it, realizes it or not she was harassed.

we be different in our 'pinionCool

my bother works for lockheed martin in the trident missile program. He's just like me so be very afraid.