Jets QB next season a former pro bowler?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Jets QB next season a former pro bowler?

My thoughts on the QB carousel next season. and where/how teams will address their QB needs

First, the teams that will and may need a QB next season: NYJ, BUF, JAX, KC, PHI, DAL, MINN, SF, ARZ, HOU

NYJ: It really looks like this team is going no where. Their best defensive player and best offensive playmaker are out for the season. There second half schedule is not that difficult. I think they can play to a 7-9 record. Considering the injuries, Rex may be given another chance. My thoughts: Mike Vick might be their QB next season. We all know Sparano is in love with the wildcat. We know how the Jets love the media publicity, Vick is perfect for both. If Ryan is coach next season, he's coaching for his job. You don't go into that season with just Sanchez. Vick isn't that good, but he may be what NY needs. Can always work around the cap issues

BUF: I think they draft a QB  in the first round next season. Fitz goes into the season as a starter, with the rookie ready to take the starting spot as soon as Fitz struggles

JAX: Interesting scnerario. Gabbert has improved from last season, but the team is still a major work in progress. Gabbert was not picked by this current regime. Hard to tell, Khan and Mularky (or whoever is the HC next season) may want to draft their guy. My bet: Too many holes on this team. They do what STL did last draft and trade back. Gabbert stays.

KC: Almost guaranteed a top 3 pick, definitely going to get a top 5 pick. They draft a QB first round.

PHI: Unless they run the table or play really well down the stretch, it's hard to believe Reid and Vick will be back next season. Offensive line is atrocious, so I think they go down that route with their first pick. I think they go in with Foles, and make a move for Hasselbeck as a backup. Alex Smith a possibility too.

DAL: It does not look like Romo will be able to take them anywhere. It also doesn't look like they'll be bad enough to get a top 5 pick for a QB. They've seen enough of Vick to not want him. Jones also goes into every season thinking he's got a good shot at the super bowl, hard to think he'll hand the reigns of the 'boys to a rookie. I think they stick with Romo. Alex smith might be an option too.

MINN: Ponder will probably start throughout his rookie contract. That being said, Minn looked like it could content for a playoff spot in a difficult NFC North. Think Hasselbeck and Alex Smith may be a play here too as a backup.

SF: Big decision coming up on their QB situation. They have a defense more than capable of winning a Super Bowl. IF they fail to win this season, they have to think about whether they want to pay Smith all that money or go with Kaepernick. Remember, he was the 36th overall pick in his draft. 

ARZ: They have a good defense, which leads me to believe they might play themselves out of the Top 10 in the draft. They have a horrendous Oline. Kolb and Skelton both stink. Whis will probably want someone who can air it out to Fitz. A desperate attempt to trade for Romo wouldn't surprise me. My top guess would be spending a pick in the draft.

HOU: I've said it once and i'll say it again, I don't think Schaub is a good QB. HOU is a team with everything but the QB. If they don't win it all, I think they at least address it in the draft. I thought about Romo for a second. But with that dfense and run game, a turnover prone QB is the last thing they would need. Plus, I'm not sure Jones would trade Romo to another Texas team.

I didn't even bother mentioning Tebow.

Really no point to this thread. Just have too much time to kill right now. Agree or Disagree with anything I said?

Main point is that there is a fair chance Mike Vick could be the Jets QB next season. Which isn't really a threat to the Pats, but could be newsworthy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Jets QB next season a former pro bowler?

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts on the QB carousel next season. and where/how teams will address their QB needs

First, the teams that will and may need a QB next season: NYJ, BUF, JAX, KC, PHI, DAL, MINN, SF, ARZ, HOU

NYJ: It really looks like this team is going no where. Their best defensive player and best offensive playmaker are out for the season. There second half schedule is not that difficult. I think they can play to a 7-9 record. Considering the injuries, Rex may be given another chance. My thoughts: Mike Vick might be their QB next season. We all know Sparano is in love with the wildcat. We know how the Jets love the media publicity, Vick is perfect for both. If Ryan is coach next season, he's coaching for his job. You don't go into that season with just Sanchez. Vick isn't that good, but he may be what NY needs. Can always work around the cap issues

BUF: I think they draft a QB  in the first round next season. Fitz goes into the season as a starter, with the rookie ready to take the starting spot as soon as Fitz struggles

JAX: Interesting scnerario. Gabbert has improved from last season, but the team is still a major work in progress. Gabbert was not picked by this current regime. Hard to tell, Khan and Mularky (or whoever is the HC next season) may want to draft their guy. My bet: Too many holes on this team. They do what STL did last draft and trade back. Gabbert stays.

KC: Almost guaranteed a top 3 pick, definitely going to get a top 5 pick. They draft a QB first round.

PHI: Unless they run the table or play really well down the stretch, it's hard to believe Reid and Vick will be back next season. Offensive line is atrocious, so I think they go down that route with their first pick. I think they go in with Foles, and make a move for Hasselbeck as a backup. Alex Smith a possibility too.

DAL: It does not look like Romo will be able to take them anywhere. It also doesn't look like they'll be bad enough to get a top 5 pick for a QB. They've seen enough of Vick to not want him. Jones also goes into every season thinking he's got a good shot at the super bowl, hard to think he'll hand the reigns of the 'boys to a rookie. I think they stick with Romo. Alex smith might be an option too.

MINN: Ponder will probably start throughout his rookie contract. That being said, Minn looked like it could content for a playoff spot in a difficult NFC North. Think Hasselbeck and Alex Smith may be a play here too as a backup.

SF: Big decision coming up on their QB situation. They have a defense more than capable of winning a Super Bowl. IF they fail to win this season, they have to think about whether they want to pay Smith all that money or go with Kaepernick. Remember, he was the 36th overall pick in his draft. 

ARZ: They have a good defense, which leads me to believe they might play themselves out of the Top 10 in the draft. They have a horrendous Oline. Kolb and Skelton both stink. Whis will probably want someone who can air it out to Fitz. A desperate attempt to trade for Romo wouldn't surprise me. My top guess would be spending a pick in the draft.

HOU: I've said it once and i'll say it again, I don't think Schaub is a good QB. HOU is a team with everything but the QB. If they don't win it all, I think they at least address it in the draft. I thought about Romo for a second. But with that dfense and run game, a turnover prone QB is the last thing they would need. Plus, I'm not sure Jones would trade Romo to another Texas team.

Really no point to this thread. Just have too much time to kill right now. Agree or Disagree with anything I said?

Main point is that there is a fair chance Mike Vick could be the Jets QB next season. Which isn't really a threat to the Pats, but could be newsworthy.

[/QUOTE]

who are the big QB prospects coming out of college?

I know a few but dunno if there is a RGIII or Luck out there this year

[/QUOTE]

There is no RGIII or Luck this year. Geno Wilson, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, etc are probably going to be the top QBs. I'm not really in love with any of them. That being said, I don't think the strength of the group matters. Teams are beginning to realize it is nearly impossible to win without a QB. How else can you explain guys like Pondor, Tannehill, and Gabbert being Top 15 picks.

A QB with a second round grade has a decent shot at being a top 20 pick. Regardless of how this crop is this season, I find it hard to believe there won't be at least 3 top 15 QBs in this coming draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Now that the Clots have laid out the blue print for sucking for a QB the Jests take the QB from WVA.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Would somebody go tell Mike Genius Tannenbaum that the Jets need someone from the Pro Bowling circuit?  Sean Rash might be available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good thread but i disagree witha couple of your points.

NYJ- No way they can afford both Vick and Sancheese next year. After Sancheese's recently redone deal the Jets cant afford to cut him and nobody is trading for that contract.

Jax- I think your right, Gabbard stays.

Philly- I believe your right Reid is gone but Vick may stay depending on who becomes the next coach.

Dallas- I agree with you that Tony Romo is not taking that team anywhere, but if they hire Sean Payton as coach Romo will stay so the "genius" Payton can fix him.

Minn- No way they are looking for a QB Ponder is the real deal. Had a great first half despite recent slump.

SF- Kaepernick is the heir apparent.

Houston- of course Schaub stays! Your gonna replace the QB on a 7-1 team? He dont have to win the game he just has to manage it! (sound familiar?!) lol

Good thread enjoy reading the discussions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Vick? I thought you said they needed a QB. Granted he's better than both Tebow and Sanchez but not by much. Besides he's almost guarenteed to miss 3 or 4 games every season due to injury.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.