Jets/Raiders Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Jets/Raiders Game

Not that this means anything, but I think it's funny that most of the "experts" are picking the Raiders to win...Hilarious!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

I'm guessing the Jets will pull it togther for this game, but the Raiders must be fired up after last weeks upset! Hopefully Seymour will have another great game.

Go Raiders!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: Jets/Raiders Game

I will laugh my mo f'n @$$ off if the Jets lose this one.  But after winning the 1/4 Season Superbowl, how can we expect them to get up for the Raiders?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You do realize that half of your so-called "experts" have losing records on their picks for the year, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

I could see the Jets losing this game. It's never easy to fly cross country to play a game. The Raiders defense has about 4 games in them every year, where they play really good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

We have to root for the Raiders this year. (Next year, with their #1 in our pocket, is another story.)  They have been the Pats' best friends for a while - Ted Washington, Randy Moss, the Seymour deal. 

On the other hand, if the Jets do well enough to finish a game behind the Pats at season's end, they will get a worse draft position.

Man...decisons, decisions...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is a tough game to call.  I'm tempted to say the Jets will take this one though.  I just can't see the Raiders QB handling the Jets D.  Even though teams have caught onto their defensive scheme, Jamarcus Russell is about as close to being a Ryan Leaf bust as you can get and still play in the NFL.  To be fair, it's not like he was put into a nurturing environment.  Maybe he would have done well by now on a better team.

Anyway, if the Raiders had a better QB, I'd give them the edge.  Not that Sanchez is that good now either, but Russell isn't playing well enough to hold Sanchez' jock strap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Jets/Raiders Game:
    [QUOTE]This is a tough game to call.  I'm tempted to say the Jets will take this one though.  I just can't see the Raiders QB handling the Jets D.  Even though teams have caught onto their defensive scheme, Jamarcus Russell is about as close to being a Ryan Leaf bust as you can get and still play in the NFL.  To be fair, it's not like he was put into a nurturing environment.  Maybe he would have done well by now on a better team. Anyway, if the Raiders had a better QB, I'd give them the edge.  Not that Sanchez is that good now either, but Russell isn't playing well enough to hold Sanchez' jock strap.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

You mean if Russell plays better he has to hold Sanchez jock strap?  Well no wonder the guy is tanking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]We have to root for the Raiders this year. (Next year, with their #1 in our pocket, is another story.)  They have been the Pats' best friends for a while - Ted Washington, Randy Moss, the Seymour deal.  On the other hand, if the Jets do well enough to finish a game behind the Pats at season's end, they will get a worse draft position. Man...decisons, decisions...
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

We have to cheer AGAINST the Raiders - the longer that franchise stays in the cellar, the harder it will be for them to gain any momentum and improve next year, which would mean a better pick for us in a draft that might feature a rookie cap (slotted salaries).  We don't want them getting the idea that they can be successful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I could see the Jets losing this game. It's never easy to fly cross country to play a game. The Raiders defense has about 4 games in them every year, where they play really good.
    Posted by rf24fox[/QUOTE]

Sunday is forecast to be sunny, 75 with light winds so Sanchez should feel more at home. He won't want to come back to the Northeast

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]You do realize that half of your so-called "experts" have losing records on their picks for the year, right?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Um yeah, that's kinda why I put expert and quotation marks and prefaced it by saying "I know this doesn't mean much"......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You have to give the Raiders punchers chance in this game the way there playing and the way the Jest are playing I might bet on the Raiders.

If the Raiders stop the run like they did against the Bolts and Eagles It could happen like Jim Lampley said "It Happened!" Think they'll be some football fans in New England cheering for the Raiders.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The Jets run D up the middle has suffered a severe blow with the loss of Jenkins but lets be real, the raiders are not playing the skins this week. Upsets happen every week but Sanchize is playing in warm weather this week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Raiders Game : Um yeah, that's kinda why I put expert and quotation marks and prefaced it by saying "I know this doesn't mean much"......
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

lol my mistake - I read it too quickly, though if Sanchez keeps playing as badly as he has been...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]We have to root for the Raiders this year. (Next year, with their #1 in our pocket, is another story.)  They have been the Pats' best friends for a while - Ted Washington, Randy Moss, the Seymour deal.  On the other hand, if the Jets do well enough to finish a game behind the Pats at season's end, they will get a worse draft position. Man...decisons, decisions...
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Didn't we get Ted Washington
     from the Bears in preseason? Anyway, I would much rather see the Jets lose. With all due respect, I don't think the Oakland franchise is going to be picking up "momentum" anytime soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocco1022. Show rocco1022's posts

we want J E T S to L O S E............The NFL franchise currently residing in Oakland cannot gather " momentum"....can't happen. Best case they are 5-11 this year, same or worse next year. Our Pick will be a top 10. We don't want the # 1.  5th to 9th would be just fine. .....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]we want J E T S to L O S E............The NFL franchise currently residing in Oakland cannot gather " momentum"....can't happen. Best case they are 5-11 this year, same or worse next year. Our Pick will be a top 10. We don't want the # 1.  5th to 9th would be just fine. .....
    Posted by rocco1022[/QUOTE]

If by 2011 there's a rookie wage scale, the #1 would be fantastic, even if only to trade it.  With a wage scale, the pick wouldn't be too expensive and risky to sign.

Nonetheless, it's the Jets and I'll cheer against them no matter what.  But beyond that, I'm anti-Raiders all the way*.

*with special exceptions for any of their future games against the Colts, Steelers, Broncos, and Dolphins

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'll take the Raiders!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Falzman. Show Falzman's posts

One of life's great treats is reading the Daily News after a Jets loss. Go Raiders!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Jets/Raiders Game:

It is amazing to me how the trong have stumbled; Pride goes befor the fall!

Rex Ryan says his Jets will be the most physical team the Dolphins

Tom Brady Far From "Terrific" as Rex Ryan's Jets Dominate

And then......ooooops

Report: Jets coach benching 2 over punches in loss  

Without Kris Jenkins, Rex Ryan and Jets Will Continue Nose Dive 

Whatever happened to MANGENIUS????? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The Iggles showed us that anything can happen from week to week in the NFL, and that Buffalo--Green New Jersey game . . .    well . . .

that thing was just painful to watch.

There are good teams and bad teams in the NFL, and some teams defy categorization, but I think if Seymour and the Raiders' D-line can get to The Sanchise (I'm sure I will tire of that soon), I'd give Oakland a slugger's shot, particularly at home.

But gawd,  JeMarcus Russell is . . .

well . . .

he's just bad, that's all.

He's Tavaris Jackson bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets/Raiders Game : Didn't we get Ted Washington  from the Bears in preseason? Anyway, I would much rather see the Jets lose. With all due respect, I don't think the Oakland franchise is going to be picking up "momentum" anytime soon.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]

You know what?  You are right? He did come from Chicago, the Pats' farm team for so many years.  It was the Raiders who allegedly tampered to get Washington from the Pats.  If I recall, he got signed minutes into F/A. 

Still, I so hate those Jets, I will still root for the Raiders, begrudgingly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

never liked the Raiders but can't possibly root for the Jets, regardless of what it does for the draft positions etc.  the Raiders have a chance here and wouldn't be totally surprised if they win.  you saw what happened to McNabb last week.  they could easily have Sanchez at sixes and sevens. 

I don't hear nearly as much noise coming out of NYJ camp anymore.  it's easy to talk when you have the momentum, but good teams overcome adversity.