Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

Just heard on the midnight Sportscenter (Adam Schefter) that the Jets have reached agreement with Darrelle Revis. Sorry no links yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis

Actually, here you go: http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Good for them.

I don't think that this move turns them into any more of a contender. I still believe that they're 3rd best in the AFC East.

I'm willing to bet though that the Jets threw some ridiculous amount of money at him. If this is the case, and they truly do have a ton of money committed to him, I expect the Jets to fall into a deep depression for awhile. No way that they can give him what he wants, and maintain their franchise.

You can't buy championships.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Agreed. My, will the tables turn soon enough...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Are you crying? It sure sounds like it.  In case you didn't understand the whole salary cap thing, it means that everyone gets to spend the same amount.  So, unless you think that the Patriots 'bought' their championships then, why even bring it up?  Let's see now, the team that got smoked out of the playoffs early, is missing 2/5 of their starting offensive line, is missing their best CB and DE and had to cut the LB they traded for and expected to start is still the best team in the east?  That sounds reasonable.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Lets see if the Jets can actually "earn" a playoff berth rather than sneak in due to a so called team resting their starters!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Getting Grandma involved was the key!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Yep, 37-zip "resting their starters", you know the same team they beat the next week.  Were the Patriots "resting their starters" against the Ravens?

That was not my point at all...Listen/Read carefully...LETS SEE IF THE JETS CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ON THEIR OWN RATHER THAN SNEAK IN DUE TO A SO CALLED TEAM RESTING THEIR STARTERS...Regardless if the Pats got smoked in the first round, they earned their playoff berth! No team had to "throw in the towel"...Do you comprehend? Or should I say it again?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Yep, 37-zip "resting their starters", you know the same team they beat the next week.  Were the Patriots "resting their starters" against the Ravens?

Why is what the Patriots did relevant?

Back to the topic: 

You know for a fact that if the Colts had played their starters, the chances are that your Jets don't make the playoffs, and all of this hoopla regarding super-bowls, etc, etc, never exists.

With or without Revis, your team is still average at best, IMO. Your passing game has looked horrendous, as has Sanchez. Your running game has looked decent enough, but by no means can they carry your team, or your offense. 

Your defense has looked good, no doubt, but I still believe that a team like the Patriots, that has players that can make plays in space will pose a serious threat to that defense.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm confident in the Pats ability to win the division.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

And the final score was 33-14...Not 37-0...Know your facts before posting sir!
    And I'm not really sure what you were trying to say but the Colts beat the Ravens...Not the Jets!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Does this affect Mankins since he see's Revis settled on a deal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]Does this affect Mankins since he see's Revis settled on a deal
    Posted by patriotzking18[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Knowing how much of an airhead Mankins is, it wouldn't surprise me if he expects this to give him more leverage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I don't think it was ever in doubt. The Jets seem to have a win it all now attitude so Revis was always going to get the deal he wanted which may affect them cap wise in coming years especially if they fail. With Revis they have probably 1 of the top D's and will be very hard to score on. Brady will need to be at his top to beat them especially with the swiss cheese D he has backing him up. The big question is the offense and Sanchez for the Jets. Can he be good enough to capitalise on the opportunities an excellent D is going to give him. If Brady had a D like he has he would be unbeatable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Are you crying? It sure sounds like it.  In case you didn't understand the whole salary cap thing, it means that everyone gets to spend the same amount.  So, unless you think that the Patriots 'bought' their championships then, why even bring it up?  Let's see now, the team that got smoked out of the playoffs early, is missing 2/5 of their starting offensive line, is missing their best CB and DE and had to cut the LB they traded for and expected to start is still the best team in the east?  That sounds reasonable.

That's just how much better we are than the Jets. =D

And two can play that game, the team that lost their best RB, one of their 5 OLmen, their best safety and OLB is supposed to be the best team in the East? HAHAHAHA! Still have the Pats sweeping the Jets this season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Anyone not recognizing what a force the Jets are on Defense, well ......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : What?  No picture of half naked men?  I thought that was your thing.   Of course, the difference is, the Jets chose to enter camp with the guys they have now and planned accordingly.  The Patriots planed on a couple more olinemen, a starting LB, a starting CB, and a starting DE.  Now they are playing with reserves (bad ones) at 5 positions.  Nice try, though.

Whatever floats your boat, man. 

Mankins wasn't planned, but he doesn't seemed missed. Connolly has been doing a fine job of playing LG all preseason, Kaczur had already been replaced by Vollmer at RT last season -_-. I don't know what LB you mean, but no LB was lost to an injury. The ones the Pats didn't want were cut. If you cut someone that means they planned to do so. 

The loss to Bodden and Warren was bad, but in their misfortune we'll get to see if the young guys can play. Brady wasn't a planned starter, either. They lost their starting QB to an injury--You remember, you guys started the legend--and a kid stepped up. Brace, Butler and McCourty will as well. if they don't, it suks. If they do, sweet.

But I'll still take the team with the best QB in football over the team with the 3rd best QB in the division to win the East. 

Some of us prefer the fairer sex. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

They actually look scary. Are those floatation devices?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Whatever floats your boat, man.  Mankins wasn't planned, but he doesn't seemed missed. Connolly has been doing a fine job of playing LG all preseason, Kaczur had already been replaced by Vollmer at RT last season -_-. I don't know what LB you mean, but no LB was lost to an injury. The ones the Pats didn't want were cut. If you cut someone that means they planned to do so.  The loss to Bodden and Warren was bad, but in their misfortune we'll get to see if the young guys can play. Brady wasn't a planned starter, either. They lost their starting QB to an injury--You remember, you guys started the legend--and a kid stepped up. Brace, Butler and McCourty will as well. if they don't, it suks. If they do, sweet. But I'll still take the team with the best QB in football over the team with the 3rd best QB in the division to win the East.  Some of us prefer the fairer sex.   
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Who is that? And I don't mean the feminine guy above her..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OMG, let's forfeit our season!  Oh wait, they barely beat us without Welker and we spanked them in our 2nd matchup.  I'm fairly certain Revis was playing.  Hmmm... I think "spanked" was a poor choice of words.  I strongly suspect the mere thought of being spanked will make Sanchez "rise to the occasion"...  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Jets Defense... about the same as last year.  No one has any confidence in cromartie and Revis is Revis.  Pats got much stronger on offense now with pass catching TD master Gronk.  Welker is back and if he's not we have Edelmen.. the next best thing.  Last I checked sanchez was still pretending to be a legit quarterback but instead throwing more INT's than TD's.. your Run game is all you have and after we shove that down your throat you'll get ol Sanchez to sling a couple INT's to our thin but capable secondary.  See you in week 2.

Ender

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Reach Agreement with Revis : Who is that? And I don't mean the feminine guy above her..
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

This is Christina Hendricks of Mad Men. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

who cares we have enough problems..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Jets Defense... about the same as last year.  No one has any confidence in cromartie and Revis is Revis.  Pats got much stronger on offense now with pass catching TD master Gronk.  Welker is back and if he's not we have Edelmen.. the next best thing.  Last I checked sanchez was still pretending to be a legit quarterback but instead throwing more INT's than TD's.. your Run game is all you have and after we shove that down your throat you'll get ol Sanchez to sling a couple INT's to our thin but capable secondary.  See you in week 2. Ender
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

Yes, Welker is terrific (assuming he's healthy); Edelman is a harrowing look-a-like substitute; Sanchez seems to have taken a step (or more) back; he could be pulling a 'party boy' Leinart. Otherwise, you're Clueless...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny but I never doubted he'd be playing one bit this year. Seems to me Jets fans are the most surprised. Look guys, it all comes down to this, we split last year with a much worse offensive unit and they had Revis. With the additional passing weapons I see the Pats doing no worse than splitting again this year.  If the defense does it's job a possible sweep. We will not be swept under any circumstances. The only one dissapointed with this move is Cromartie. He's in for a long season.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

He's playing well. It seems Wilson (also playing well) shall be the 3rd wheel/nickel back.