jets Revis?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

jets Revis?

How did the jets get DB Darrelle Revis???
    Do we have anyone like hime??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: jets Revis?

Revis is probably the best corner in the NFL.  They drafted him 14th overall in 2007.  We don't have anyone as good as Revis, but arguably nobody outside of Oakland (Asomugha) and Green Bay (Woodson) does.  Bodden is a very good corner and I think Butler will be very good someday too, but Revis plays at another level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He was the 14th overall pick in the 2007 draft. 

The Patriots can get someone like him by going 7-9, or 6-10 to have the 14th pick in the draft.  Bad news though, the Patriots have already won 9 games this year, maybe next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In Response to Re: jets Revis?:
    [QUOTE]He was the 14th overall pick in the 2007 draft.  The Patriots can get someone like him by going 7-9, or 6-10 to have the 14th pick in the draft.  Bad news though, the Patriots have already won 9 games this year, maybe next year.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Awesome! The Jest could have a chance to draft another Revis!

May they keep having chances to draft a Revis!  Revis and Butthead Forever!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

The Jets also traded up to get him that year.  He is a great player. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

The guy could shut down any reciever in NFL currently or the great ones of the past. Even Jerry Rice. He's just that good.  We had a guy close to his abilities in Samuel , too bad he left.  Havent won a SB since Ty Law left either.  Pats cannot let this nonsense happen again, we need shutdown corners!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Wont be getting any this year.  None rated that high in the draft.  Not a very good CB year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Revis & Ty Law come from the same high school. I seen them both play for Aliquipa high school, and they were not only dominant in football, but basketball as well.
    Aliquipa is a small school, the 5th smallest in Western Pa., but they play up in class, and they still win! Revis led the Quips to a State Title his Sr. year, and scored 4 Touchdowns in the title game. That was on a saturday and a few days later he suited up for Basketball, without much practice, and scored 37 points against their biggest rival, Beaver Falls. I'm sure the New England area has a school such as Aliquipa, and it's amazing how many great players these tough little schools produce.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]The guy could shut down any reciever in NFL currently or the great ones of the past. Even Jerry Rice. He's just that good.  We had a guy close to his abilities in Samuel , too bad he left.  Havent won a SB since Ty Law left either.  Pats cannot let this nonsense happen again, we need shutdown corners!
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

hyperbole.

Revis can be had, but the passes have to be precise.  Joe Montana and Steve Young were precise.  Also, Rice was an excellent route runner who gave nothing away in his first three steps.  Revis is excellent, but he also gets to play against some lazy route runners who aren't as committed to their craft.

Take for example his interception against the Bills on a fade route down the right sideline in the second half of that game.  Owens had Revis beat but the ball was underthrown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: jets Revis? : hyperbole. Revis can be had, but the passes have to be precise.  Joe Montana and Steve Young were precise.  Also, Rice was an excellent route runner who gave nothing away in his first three steps.  Revis is excellent, but he also gets to play against some lazy route runners who aren't as committed to their craft. Take for example his interception against the Bills on a fade route down the right sideline in the second half of that game.  Owens had Revis beat but the ball was underthrown.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Hasnt he shut down every WR he's seen this year? I dont think anyone has gotten over a 100 years against him this year. He shut down Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Owens, Colston, Ronnie White. 

Even if we had a guy like that, he'd leave after 3-4 years. Pats dont like to pay big bucks for UFA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There are very few shutdown corners to be had.  Nobody has the formula to the draft.  If somebody knew he would be as good as he is than he would have been picked up before 14th.  No matter what anyone says, nobody knows which guys are going to be pro bowlers it's just an educated guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If the Jets succ as bad as now when his rookie contract expires expect him to go elsewhere for big money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I once stated on a Jets troll thread/Post that Revis is the only player I would want from the Jets. I might want Washington and Ferguson too, but if given the choice of selecting only one player it's Revis in a landslide. I agree with EVIL2009, when Revis becomes a free agent he will either be franchised or play elsewhere. I could see him signing a one-year tender with stipulations that he cannot be tagged again (see Asante). Revis will want to play for a winner and that ain't gonna be the Jets any time soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE] Revis & Ty Law come from the same high school. I seen them both play for Aliquipa high school, and they were not only dominant in football, but basketball as well. Aliquipa is a small school, the 5th smallest in Western Pa., but they play up in class, and they still win! Revis led the Quips to a State Title his Sr. year, and scored 4 Touchdowns in the title game. That was on a saturday and a few days later he suited up for Basketball, without much practice, and scored 37 points against their biggest rival, Beaver Falls. I'm sure the New England area has a school such as Aliquipa, and it's amazing how many great players these tough little schools produce.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

One of my best friend's father went to Aluquippa High, where he played alongside some guy named Mike Ditka.

Ohhh . . .   and if Revis shuts down Reggie Wayne, then I promise to say at least one nice thing about Green New Jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]The guy could shut down any reciever in NFL currently or the great ones of the past. Even Jerry Rice. He's just that good.  We had a guy close to his abilities in Samuel , too bad he left.  Havent won a SB since Ty Law left either.  Pats cannot let this nonsense happen again, we need shutdown corners!
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]
    lets be clear here. Assante was never the cover corner Revis is. Assante was good at jumping routes and catching the int. He was not as good in coverage or tackling as Revis is. Revis can take a WR out of a game on his own, Assante needs over the top help to cover his gambling on routes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]Revis is probably the best corner in the NFL.  They drafted him 14th overall in 2007.  We don't have anyone as good as Revis, but arguably nobody outside of Oakland (Asomugha) and Green Bay (Woodson) does.  Bodden is a very good corner and I think Butler will be very good someday too, but Revis plays at another level.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

You seriously think Bodden is a very good corner?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

well the jets got one guy right in the draft???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

revis is the best corner in the league, he was great at pittsburgh , the best corner in the 2007 draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]There are very few shutdown corners to be had.  Nobody has the formula to the draft.  If somebody knew he would be as good as he is than he would have been picked up before 14th.  No matter what anyone says, nobody knows which guys are going to be pro bowlers it's just an educated guess.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I hate when people say how the Patriots were smart and brilliant when they drafted Brady in 6th ground. If they were so smart, they would have drafted him in the 1st round.  They just got lucky that he was there in the 6th round. Actually they actually taking Tim Rattay with that.  If that happened, forget about having the great decade.

Same thing with Wes Welker, he went undrafted!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

I hate the Jets Guts, and personally I hate Revis.  His is an ego bigger than Kansas.  That said, I believe he is the best player in the NFL.  A quarterback is still the most important person on the field, but Revis beats every teams top receiver every game.  Man if we could have had a shot at him he would make our poor pass rush look a whole lo better.  You have to give this guy his due. Too bad he will waste away in the no mans land of the JETS.  Boy they still stink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Pats just need to work on finding a good consistent pass rush next year. If they find that you don't need a shutdown cornerback. There's only three or four of those each decade anyways. Good pass rush will improve the secondary. IMO Pats will focus on the pass rush and getting a younger group of running backs along with a 3rd wideout this offseason.