Jets Scoping Out the White House

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jets Scoping Out the White House

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/21/your-jets-boast-of-the-day-courtesy-of-mark-sanchez/

Keep it coming, boys. You really have no idea how stupid you look.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House

In Response to Jets Scoping Out the White House:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/21/your-jets-boast-of-the-day-courtesy-of-mark-sanchez/ Keep it coming, boys. You really have no idea how stupid you look.
    Posted by apdynasty23

That's what She said...Yes, I've been waiting to use one of those on you Dwight.LOL

As for the Jets, They're definitely living in fantasy land. Wait 'til reality sets in for them and their fans.
    I always think of the Adam 12 episode where Milloy happens on to a couple of kids tripping out and says, " Come in for a landing Hippie, This is a bust"...It's going to be a hard crash for the Jets this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Here are the Jets first 7 games this year..Let's see if they can even come out of that at 4-3.

1 Mon, Sep 13 7:00 PM ESPN Tickets  
    2 Sun, Sep 19 4:15 PM CBS Tickets  
    3 Sun, Sep 26 8:20 PM NBC Tickets Sun Life Stadium
    4 Sun, Oct 3 1:00 PM CBS Tickets  
    5 Mon, Oct 11 8:30 PM ESPN Tickets  
    6 Sun, Oct 17 4:05 PM CBS Tickets  
    7 BYE WEEK
    8 Sun, Oct 31 1:00 PM FOX Tickets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

They're just looking for something to steal. Isn't it obvious?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Far worse than the Jets players' statements about winning the superbowl are the ignorant fans around here that think we are the only team capable of winning.  Just read through some of this garbage.  Everyone is counting on these first and second year players to make these huge contributions this year.  Most of the time, that just doesn't happen.  By the way, teams do not have great defenses by accident.  It doesn't just sort of come together without good coaching and good players, those coaches and players that are still there.  What is the big problem with a team that plans on going to the superbowl.  Winning the AFC East is not the freakin goal, people.  I wish we had people that stood up and said, "Yeah, we are planning on going to the Superbowl"  instead of this hush hush ridiculousness.  Arrogance is thinking that a team that beat us last year, went to the AFC Championship game, had a great defense, brought in some good players and drafted well is just going to disappear because we have a great coach or because we won a few superbowls a few years ago.  It is both really insecure and pretty pathetic for another team's goals and statements to be a big problem for us. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Uh, it's a FAN discussion board and it's May. You're supposed to believe in your own team and find reasons to belittle your opponents and bitter rivals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House:
    Uh, it's a FAN discussion board and it's May. You're supposed to believe in your own team and find reasons to belittle your opponents and bitter rivals.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Yeah, I guess you're right, if you're 12.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Not that you can read this (I can't see my posts when I'm not logged in...), but Dirty Sanchez should be the last person talking trash.

Graduate from the SPED playbook first, then when you don't need colors to understand situational football you can talk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

Far worse than the Jets players' statements about winning the superbowl are the ignorant fans around here that think we are the only team capable of winning.  Just read through some of this garbage.  Everyone is counting on these first and second year players to make these huge contributions this year.  Most of the time, that just doesn't happen.  By the way, teams do not have great defenses by accident.  It doesn't just sort of come together without good coaching and good players, those coaches and players that are still there.  What is the big problem with a team that plans on going to the superbowl.  Winning the AFC East is not the freakin goal, people.  I wish we had people that stood up and said, "Yeah, we are planning on going to the Superbowl"  instead of this hush hush ridiculousness.  Arrogance is thinking that a team that beat us last year, went to the AFC Championship game, had a great defense, brought in some good players and drafted well is just going to disappear because we have a great coach or because we won a few superbowls a few years ago.  It is both really insecure and pretty pathetic for another team's goals and statements to be a big problem for us. 
    Posted by waldorff

Who's we and us Troll. If you don't like it find another thread or actually another forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The Jets and their fans are always good for a laugh. How many years have they awarded themselves the Lombardi Trophy before the season started? I've lost count.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : Waldork is one of those fans that tries to spin things in another direction. In this case, he's making it seem like Pats fans don't respect the opponents in the division, which is clearly false, especially for Pats fans who know how tough it is to even put together winning seasons back to back in the cap era. Some fans, like myself, feel Miami is actually building stronger and better, while NY is more about flash and hype at the core. Waldy will pretend like what the Jets are doing is completely normal, just as he'll pretend that how they have built their small window, flawed team is somehow the way to do it when we have seen that it clearly isn't. There are a few of him here like this. Bubba in Hawaii is another.  TexasPat is bordering on it. They take the media bait and feel since the team isn't going 14-2 while rebuilding, they are worse off than they are. They play contrarian for attention.
    Posted by russgriswold

So, let me get this straight. What you are saying here is that, the Jets did not have a great defense last year.  And you are alos saying that the Jets didn't target players to fill their holes that Indy exposed in the playoffs. Instead, they chose to sign the biggest names they could think of?  It is possible that the Jets window is small, any educated football fan knows that most all teams windows are small.  Of course, I have no idea how their free agent situation will turn out.  Maybe I can borrow your cryatal ball some time.     
    Miami is a good team and I didn't say anything to the contrary.  I see nothing about the Patriots, besides Tom Brady, that makes me think we are any better than either of those teams.  Harping on the success we had 5 years ago, is just plain stupid. 
    You love to play this everyone is against us card.  Most of the time,when the majority of those who have made sports forcasting their life, predict in certain way, they are more right than wrong.   You just like to think that no matter what Bill does, it is yet another genius move that is sure to make us get back to the superbowl with no regard for what other teams have done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Posted by waldorff

The difference is that some people walk softly but carry a big stick...and then others mouth off the whole time but when the fight comes they run to their mommies...   do your talkin on the field!!... stay humble!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : So, let me get this straight. What you are saying here is that, the Jets did not have a great defense last year.  And you are alos saying that the Jets didn't target players to fill their holes that Indy exposed in the playoffs. Instead, they chose to sign the biggest names they could think of?  It is possible that the Jets window is small, any educated football fan knows that most all teams windows are small.  Of course, I have no idea how their free agent situation will turn out.  Maybe I can borrow your cryatal ball some time.      Miami is a good team and I didn't say anything to the contrary.  I see nothing about the Patriots, besides Tom Brady, that makes me think we are any better than either of those teams.  Harping on the success we had 5 years ago, is just plain stupid.  You love to play this everyone is against us card.  Most of the time,when the majority of those who have made sports forcasting their life, predict in certain way, they are more right than wrong.   You just like to think that no matter what Bill does, it is yet another genius move that is sure to make us get back to the superbowl with no regard for what other teams have done.
    Posted by waldorff

they didnt seem to be able to shut us down...and on a down year...so no they did not...good not great... and...

great defenses are good in third down efficiency and points allowed...all the rest is flash and statistical hype...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : they didnt seem to be able to shut us down...and on a down year...so no they did not...good not great... and... great defenses are good in third down efficiency and points allowed...all the rest is flash and statistical hype...
    Posted by jcour382

I haven't seen it recently, but I am pretty sure that the Jets excelled on third down on defense and were best in points allowed.  So, thanks for the help.  The Jets did shut us down once, and the other game was essentially on Sanchez' poor play, 4 picks and a fumble, I think.  I would expect that he will be better, maybe not good, but better after playing a full year as a rookie.  He looked very good in the playoffs, even in the loss to the Colts.  Rookies that play are usually pretty bad and usually progress in their next year. Their are exceptions, but that is usually the case. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tommyinboston. Show Tommyinboston's posts

Bring it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Do you realiz NE led the league in rushing TDs allowed and NY only had ONE more sack than NE? Yeah.  Pretty surprising to read that fact, isn't it?  We wouldn't know it based upon all the media baiting articles trying to hammer Bill Belichick as he rebuilds with brand new people on the fly, winning the division. There are two rules/barometers in this league:  One set for all 31 teams, and one for BB and NE. Not too shabby for a defense that only looked bad on national TV on the road in a dome against two great QBs, that had 5 different BRAND NEW players in a complex 3-4 scheme, with most of the new bodies in the secondary for the 2nd year in a row. Do the math a little. NE is building in the right direction, very quickly and very strongly. All the moves are methodical, slow and calculating. If NE's D regresses from last year, then you are spot on. I just don't see it nor I am buying the sky is falling rhetoric from the national media and the local media who see more $$ with bashing NE and being dramatic then analyzing aspects of team with data, facts, context and reason. I see BB strengthening this thing, weeding out dead eggs, and adding depth. The Jets D is not going to be #1 again, nor is their rushing offense going to be #1. It is incredibly difficult to put together back to back winning seasons, let alone back to back dominant ones even though the Jets were never dominant.  They had a very good D, rated #1, but it was never good enough to be championship caliber either. The Jets looked average against Jacksonville last year.  Jacksonville. At one point, they lost 6 straight. NY was a .500 team last year and lost a lot of players that helped build those results (both good and bad). It's ironic what HURT NE last year (instability, depth issues and health) is what people are praising NY for now, when in reality, NY has more new bodies than NE does. Win, NE. Funny how you mention small windows, yet generally speaking, especially if Brady does not go donw in 2008, NE's window is not small at all. Do you know why this is?
    Posted by russgriswold

Why on earth would you compare NE's sack total to a really bad Jets sack total?  The difference is, the Jets in spite of that lack of sacks still played outstanding defense, we did not.  Another poor reference is that bit about rushing points allowed.  Did you ever consider that that total was so low because our passing D and points allowed were awful?  Much like the Jets rushing totals- they ran the ball a real lot.  Not that running the ball a lot is a bad thing, but they lacked balance, the did not pass very often.  It seems that many of their moves this off season are to try to fix that lack of balance.  I agree with you that they will not lead the leage in rushing, mostly because they will attempt a whole lot less. You also make a big deal about BB replacing a lot of starters, etc and it's a good point.  However, you fail to give credit to the Jets with a new coach etc and 6 or 8 new starters.  If it's relevant for us, it's relevant for them. 
    I just can't understand why you continue to harp on the anti Patriot media thing.  It just sounds so sad and it is just not true.  New England is not as good as we were in 2001-2005, end of story.  To think that Johnson has some type of control over ESPN, Bleacher Report, etc is just plain stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : I haven't seen it recently, but I am pretty sure that the Jets excelled on third down on defense and were best in points allowed.  So, thanks for the help.  The Jets did shut us down once, and the other game was essentially on Sanchez' poor play, 4 picks and a fumble, I think.  I would expect that he will be better, maybe not good, but better after playing a full year as a rookie.  He looked very good in the playoffs, even in the loss to the Colts.  Rookies that play are usually pretty bad and usually progress in their next year. Their are exceptions, but that is usually the case. 
    Posted by waldorff

you dont have a good memory..the first game was close and came down to missed opportunities by us not great d by them...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : The difference is that some people walk softly but carry a big stick...and then others mouth off the whole time but when the fight comes they run to their mommies...   do your talkin on the field!!... stay humble!!!
    Posted by jcour382

Stating your belief or goal does not equate to not being able to perform on the field.  If the Patriots really believe that they are good enought o win the superbowl, yet they choose not to talk about that, that doesn't mean they are more humble or less arrogant.  Every team in the NFL should beleive that they are capable of going to the superbowl, otherwise, what's the point.  Stating it or not stating it is irrelevant.  Bill choses demand that his players not talk.  Rex does not restrict his players from talking. It's just a matter of preference.  Both seem to be able to work.  Mangini seemed to like the BB method. It did not work for him.  I get pretty sick of the players not being allowed to say what they think.  I always liked the Charles Barkley method. He said it, then backed it up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : you dont have a good memory..the first game was close and came down to missed opportunities by us not great d by them...
    Posted by jcour382

Exactly my point.  We get beat and we 'missed opportunities.'  We beat someone else and we dominated them.  Good defenses usually force these missed opportunities.  Do you remember all of those 4th quarter big plays we use to make.  We could be down 10 with 10 minutes to go and there was always a forced fumble, pick or great drive to turn the game around.  I never once thought that the other team blew it or missed an opportunity.  All you really need to know is we scored 9 points, Brady completed less than 50% of his passes, they shut down Moss.  Although it's possible my memory is not very good, I can recall Cotchery making some great catches on third down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : Stating your belief or goal does not equate to not being able to perform on the field.  If the Patriots really believe that they are good enought o win the superbowl, yet they choose not to talk about that, that doesn't mean they are more humble or less arrogant.  Every team in the NFL should beleive that they are capable of going to the superbowl, otherwise, what's the point.  Stating it or not stating it is irrelevant.  Bill choses demand that his players not talk.  Rex does not restrict his players from talking. It's just a matter of preference.  Both seem to be able to work.  Mangini seemed to like the BB method. It did not work for him.  I get pretty sick of the players not being allowed to say what they think.  I always liked the Charles Barkley method. He said it, then backed it up.
    Posted by waldorff

well then you fit in good with jets fans and talking loud is just talk...
    its stupid, its arrogant and makes you look like a fool when it doesnt happen...its one thing to be confident...totally different than what they are doing

especially when the jests have proven absolutely zip... which is typical...and as far as mangini goes...he basically put together the strength of that team...which may have paid dividends for them in the coming year(s) now a fat loud mouth came in and changed things up... they will implode now because when they have to produce when it matters...all the talkin big wont mean much then...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Do you realiz NE led the league in rushing TDs allowed and NY only had ONE more sack than NE? Yeah.  Pretty surprising to read that fact, isn't it?  We wouldn't know it based upon all the media baiting articles trying to hammer Bill Belichick as he rebuilds with brand new people on the fly, winning the division. There are two rules/barometers in this league:  One set for all 31 teams, and one for BB and NE. Not too shabby for a defense that only looked bad on national TV on the road in a dome against two great QBs, that had 5 different BRAND NEW players in a complex 3-4 scheme, with most of the new bodies in the secondary for the 2nd year in a row. Do the math a little. NE is building in the right direction, very quickly and very strongly. All the moves are methodical, slow and calculating. If NE's D regresses from last year, then you are spot on. I just don't see it nor I am buying the sky is falling rhetoric from the national media and the local media who see more $$ with bashing NE and being dramatic then analyzing aspects of team with data, facts, context and reason. I see BB strengthening this thing, weeding out dead eggs, and adding depth. The Jets D is not going to be #1 again, nor is their rushing offense going to be #1. It is incredibly difficult to put together back to back winning seasons, let alone back to back dominant ones even though the Jets were never dominant.  They had a very good D, rated #1, but it was never good enough to be championship caliber either. The Jets looked average against Jacksonville last year.  Jacksonville. At one point, they lost 6 straight. NY was a .500 team last year and lost a lot of players that helped build those results (both good and bad). It's ironic what HURT NE last year (instability, depth issues and health) is what people are praising NY for now, when in reality, NY has more new bodies than NE does. Win, NE. Funny how you mention small windows, yet generally speaking, especially if Brady does not go donw in 2008, NE's window is not small at all. Do you know why this is?
    Posted by russgriswold

That was you who mentioned the small window, I was replying to your statement.  Do I know why?  Tom Brady, that's why.   Players get injured, Brady has been fortunate to not be hurt much.  It's part of the game.  Was Kurt Warner the guy the Rams had thought would be leading them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House : Exactly my point.  We get beat and we 'missed opportunities.'  We beat someone else and we dominated them.  Good defenses usually force these missed opportunities.  Do you remember all of those 4th quarter big plays we use to make.  We could be down 10 with 10 minutes to go and there was always a forced fumble, pick or great drive to turn the game around.  I never once thought that the other team blew it or missed an opportunity.  All you really need to know is we scored 9 points, Brady completed less than 50% of his passes, they shut down Moss.  Although it's possible my memory is not very good, I can recall Cotchery making some great catches on third down.
    Posted by waldorff

Thats my point... you didnt make a good point you said they had a great defense and lots would agree but I disagreed...if thier defense was so great they would have shut us down..(both games).. they did not and I will be the first to admit we were not at the top of our game last year.......and missed opportunities is joey gallowy dropping wide open passes in the endzone... and when it mattered..not because they stopped us...

they have put themselves in the superbowl...with their "great" defense we should actually see nothing less....     but we will just trudge along quietly and let the chips fall where they may!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Scoping Out the White House :well then you fit in good with jets fans and talking loud is just talk...its stupid, its arrogant and makes you look like a fool when it doesnt happen...its one thing to be confident...totally different than what they are doing especially when the jests have proven absolutely zip... which is typical...and as far as mangini goes...he basically put together the strength of that team...which may have paid dividends for them in the coming year(s) now a fat loud mouth came in and changed things up... they will implode now because when they have to produce when it matters...all the talkin big wont mean much then...
    Posted by jcour382

The decision to state your belief has zero to do with what you have done as a team.  Teams overall personality are usually related to their head coach. Rex is load and speaks his mind, Bill is quiet and to put it bluntly, paranoid.  His press conferneces are just about the worst I have ever seen.  I just can't figure out why it's so upsetting to you.  Why do you even care? Would it bother you that the Jets look like fools if the don't achieve their goals?  Mangini and Tannenbaum did put together a lot of those players. So what?  Why does that matter? Their D was not as good, that's for sure.  Of course they have added 20 or 25 new players since then including their starting QB, RBs, WRs, 1/2 of their defense etc.  RussGriswold seems to think that incorporating all of those new players into their complex 3-4 scheme is extrordinarily impressive.  I happen to agree.  What most of you somehow are missing is that, by degrading the Jets, it takes away from our hopeful wins over them.  I think they are a very good team.  I would like to beat that good team, the way we have beaten other good teams. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT... 

when you think you are that good(even before you have proven anything)...you loose that edge..that drive to make you better...when you are humble you think you "may" be good, you "could" be good but you will do what ever it takes to make sure that happens..and you wont talk about it along the way...  hence bill belichicks philosphy... which is proven by the way... im not upset at all...i just think its a bunch of bull...its funny to the point of being stupid.. its about competing everyear for the opportunity to win the SB not stating you will

you see some leaner years while re-tooling(that word sounds better doesnt it?) and all of a sudden the sky is falling and the big bad wolf is coming to blow your house down... but this sh*t wasnt built with straw....and the wolf aint really as big or bad as "he" says he is..

The jests had a good thing going but changed philosophy midstream...it is my stated opinion that that will be their downfall..and they will implode upon themselves...     and it goes back to the original point they put the cart before the horse and forgot about the blood, sweat and tears that it takes to be champions...not just saying we have a great defense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

And the source of them building the team this way to make it look good so they can get PSL deals for the new stadium.  I think it's funny people forget that team was a .500 team last year.  I have never seen a team so hyped in my entire life.  A .500 team that backed into the playoffs. So, who really cares if their D was #1 or their rush was #1?  The Pats have won SBs with lower rated stats in these areas. They won't be #1 in either area this year and they aren't winning a Super Bowl. FAIL Finally, this has nothing to do with me not respecting the Jets.  I think any team can beat another any given Sunday in this league which is what makes what NE does every so impressive and cloearly underappreciated here in Boston right now.
    Posted by russgriswold

I can't say I really understand the .500 record or the backed into the playoffs.    I can only imagine that you are referering to the Colts taking out their starters in the 4th quarter.  Without looking it up, I think the Benglas score was 28 or 30-zero with all the starters playing.  This is just like every other excuse you throw out there.  Bad calls, the media hates us, this team got lucky, we didn't capitalize, this guy was hurt.  It's all pointless. DO  you know what backing in means?  I think they lost 1 out of thier last 5 or 6 regualr season games.  Backing in means that say you win your first 11 then lose your last 5 and still make the playoffs.  Regardless, it's another really dumb term, because if you qualify, you qualify.  When you win or who you beat is just not taken into condsideration except by irrational fans who are trying to explain away a rival teams successes. 
    There's that PSL thing again.  I just don't understand why it's such a problem for you.  If the Jets had done nothing this off season, they would be the same team that got beat in the Indy game.  And likely, they would get beat in a similar fasion in 2010.  However, going into 2010, fans would be all geared up thinking the young players would get better, Jones would rush for another 1300 yards, Leon would come back all healed and return a few kicks, their O-line would continue to push people around etc and they would make another run.  As a natural effect, when teams do well, tickets sell and it really only takes a one year of success.  I have spent many a cold rainy Sunday in Foxboro as a kid in that 1/2 empty cement bowl before the Pats were competative.   As is increasingly the case, teams that privately finance stadiums have moved to this PSL method.  Apparently, the teams that have gone this route have done the math and it makes sense to them.  The Panthers, The Packers, Giants, Jets to name a few.  There is a lot of cash in the NY metro area.  Although I would not choose to buy a PSL for the Sox or the Patriots, if that were the case, it makes a lot more sense than having the taxpayers chip in. By the way, you can gaurantee that if the Sox build a new venue, there will be PSLs.  At least with PSLs it's the people who go to the games that pay.  For a one and a half billion dollar stdium, the Giants and Jets are going to need that cash.  To round out that point, winning games will sell them, not players names.  We saw this at the new Yankee Stadium last year.  It seems likely that there will be plenty of seats empty in the Meadowlands this year, as there were with the Yankees last year before they won the WS. However, if the Jets field another good team, that will fix itself.  Not signing players that you think fans will recognize their names (like CC, Tex, AJ etc).
    The Patriots are not held in as high regard because they have not performed as well.  Very similar to the Sox.  A few years back Theo and Co were heralded as this new way of thinking, combination of money ball and deep pockets, win a couple of WS, as it turns out, many things have to right at the same time.  BB has, like many other coaches and GMs made some really good moves and some really bad ones.  He has drafted some good players and some busts.  He has outcoached and been outcoached.  You can't live on past glory.  He's  a great coach, but he makes plenty of mistakes.  I'd bet he's tell you the same thing.  
    Those great Pats teams had more balance. 
    The Jets last year had a middle of the road scoring offense.  Thier running game at up the clock and their defense generally held other teams.  Unbalanced teams are usually exposed in the playoffs.  Often the ones that win the SB have either a top scoring differential or rank top 10 in both offense and defense.  The Patriots teams that have won SBs have used both of those methods. Although Sanchez had a great games sin the playoffs, I don't think any teams were woried about him throwing 4 TDs in a game.