Jets tampering already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Jets tampering already?

The Jets can't afford Nnamdi, but if they made room for him it would be pretty tough to try to take them on. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

they don't even have the money for him or much of anyone for that matter, so good luck Jets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

What are the Jets going to do release their entire offensive and defensive lines and sign guys off the street when a new CBA and cap get announced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I think you're all missing the bigger issue that PatsEng brought up.  This is tampering.  The player in question is under contract through the rest of this season, and he is speaking to a head coach that isn't his own head coach about playing for a team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

i was thinking of this today. y cant they afford him? and yes i f i were the jets iw ould get rid of a third of my roster for that guy. having 2 shutdown corners will leave the pats with only the middle. if they can somehow keep cromatie too, they cn have him play in the middle at some form of corner or a subpackage. with a pass rush too, jets would be deadly. since they will lose this weekend, bringing him around can only improve their team and aura!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Jets tampering already?:
    [QUOTE]The Jets can't afford Nnamdi, but if they made room for him it would be pretty tough to try to take them on. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I am not even sure how great he is.

In 2008 Matt Cassel and Randy Moss connected on 5 receptions for 67 and more importantly 2 TD's over Asa.

I would love to see some more definitive analysis on exactly what he's done the past two seasons.

Perception becomes reality but that isn't always factual. Just wondering.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Almost all of their payroll would be going to Mangold, Nnamdi, Revis, and Ferguson. Edwards and Holmes are going to want to get paid too, so their offense is going to get even worse when one, or both, of them leave. If this were to happen there is no way they would be able to put any money towards that offense, which is bad enough with both of those receivers. They wouldn't be able to put much money towards their D-line or LBs, which would hurt their run defense tremendously. Imo, getting him sounds good in theory, but it would be a disaster for that team. Whatever, let them do it and see.

Also, yes, that sounds like tampering to me. The Jets are known for it and the league should do something about this. If he's talking to the head coach while he's under contract during the season then the Jets should be penalized. However, Goodell is the Commish, so if anything does come of this it'll be something along the lines of a $10k fine or something weak like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think you're all missing the bigger issue that PatsEng brought up.  This is tampering.  The player in question is under contract through the rest of this season, and he is speaking to a head coach that isn't his own head coach about playing for a team.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

100%, who gives a sh@t who or how good he is, Fatso is tampering!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

didn't they already get busted (or at least investigated) for this already?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think you're all missing the bigger issue that PatsEng brought up.  This is tampering.  The player in question is under contract through the rest of this season, and he is speaking to a head coach that isn't his own head coach about playing for a team.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

According to Commissioner Roger "Jets" Goodell, the Jets have done nothing wrong...LOL!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Jets have a history of tampering.  I wrote about it last month.  

Types of punishment include loss of draft picks and six-figure fines.

If this was another team, the commish would punish. But since it is the Jets...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah, no s*** the Jets have a history of tampering. Deion Branch, anybody? Exactly.
    Jets are the most classless organization around, in all sports.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Isn't his season already over?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Without bothering to check -- a bad habit of mine -- I have no doubt that the tampering rules are written in some kind of lawyer-speak that would allow the commissioner to deem anything New Jersey does in this regard perfectly acceptable. It's not like we haven't seen this guy bending over backward to allow the Jests free reign to do as they please . . .  up to and including instructing and positioning their coaches to try to injure opposing players, with barely a slap on the wrist to show for it.

Whether this is actual tampering or, as Sam suggests, much ado about nothing, you may rest assured you'll get nothing of substance from Goodell on this matter. Helping to create and maintain a successful team in greater New Jersey is A-1 on the commissioner's list of things to do. If you can't see that by now, I might suggest a trip to the optometrist.

As for the move itself, if the Jests want to tie up half their cap space on two guys, more power to them. And if Ass-o-mwah wants to come in and play for a packet of cookies and a juice box, that's his business, too. When the dust settles, they'll still (and always) play second -- or third, or fourth -- fiddle in the AFC East . . .  and it is pie-in-the-sky fantasy general managing like this that makes that not merely my opinion, but a demonstrable fact . . .

As we shall see Sunday night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

not gonna happen jets are already way over the cap and in big trouble

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

What's the rule for final four?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I beleive this was during last year's pro bowl week.  Revis and Nami were talking and this came up. He said that revis needs to come play with him in Oakland or he needs to come to NY to play with revis.  Remember this was before revis held out.  Nothing was ever said about him talking to Rex.  This may actually happen, although I doubt it.  One of his close friends say it is between the jets and the packers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This is unusual. The Jets tampering with someone who doesn't play for the Patriots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I beleive this was during last year's pro bowl week.  Revis and Nami were talking and this came up. He said that revis needs to come play with him in Oakland or he needs to come to NY to play with revis.  Remember this was before revis held out.  Nothing was ever said about him talking to Rex.  This may actually happen, although I doubt it.  One of his close friends say it is between the jets and the packers. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

I have no idea who Steve DelVecchio is, but after double-checking the link, it looks like he's trying to report something that wasn't news a year ago as if it is news now.

Weak sauce.

Nothing to see here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

yeah, I think the only real news is that due to incentive clause that CB from Oakland is now a FA.  He is giving up, what, $16M a year.  Wonder what deal he will sign.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I beleive this was during last year's pro bowl week.  Revis and Nami were talking and this came up. He said that revis needs to come play with him in Oakland or he needs to come to NY to play with revis.  Remember this was before revis held out.  Nothing was ever said about him talking to Rex.  This may actually happen, although I doubt it.  One of his close friends say it is between the jets and the packers. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

It was last year and no one thought anything about it until Aso is becoming a FA. If he indeed signs with the Jets then this becomes a huge issue as another coach isn't suppose to talk to another player under contract about joining their team. Yes there was something said about him talking to Rex because Aso himself said he talked with Rex about it. It's a direct quote from him.

Oakland Raiders star Asomugha was smiling when he brought up the dream scenario, but insisted he was "dead serious" and has spoken to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan about it.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something,"

Here's a more credible link from last year I found from ESPN. Again if they don't sign him then it's just something you blow off but if they do then it's a clear case of tampering with a all-pro CB

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9987/afc-pro-bowl-observations