Jets vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Jets vs Patriots Game Thread

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't equate a professional football player during a game with a drunk guy slugging someone else.  Players have enough sense from play to play to not do something drastic to intentionally get penalties.  If they have enough sense for that then they can control their emotions on the sideline and on the field. 

I'm guessing you never played football before? Or have every watch the pushing and shoving matches after the play that turn into punches being thrown before have you?

You guessed wrong.  I played through high school, had one opportunity to play DIII in college - played rugby through college.  Significantly more plays take place without issues than those that do.  It seems as Brady's yellig after every missed catch or throw. 

Brady's got young receivers - he needs to get his head wrapped around that and teach these guys, in game, rather than just yell at them.

[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks Vince Lombardi...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

I hope your right and I'll definitely come and eat crow like I deserve to if I'm wrong. All I see is young wide receivers with potential that won't fully blossom until Brady is just about done.

Keep in mind Chad Jackson never saw the field, Joeyy Galloway played one game and the experiment was over, these guys are playing, they're out there, the only person who needs to be frustrated right now is Brady.  He has to deal with the growing pains, we're winning btw...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

TB may want to consider encouraging his young recievers in public. They are probably nervous enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I live in CT. It had been pouring with thunder and lightning since the game started.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hope your right and I'll definitely come and eat crow like I deserve to if I'm wrong. All I see is young wide receivers with potential that won't fully blossom until Brady is just about done.

Keep in mind Chad Jackson never saw the field, Joeyy Galloway played one game and the experiment was over, these guys are playing, they're out there, the only person who needs to be frustrated right now is Brady.  He has to deal with the growing pains, we're winning btw...

[/QUOTE]

I understand that. If you look back in the thread I've also praised the defense multiple times..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

NICE !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't equate a professional football player during a game with a drunk guy slugging someone else.  Players have enough sense from play to play to not do something drastic to intentionally get penalties.  If they have enough sense for that then they can control their emotions on the sideline and on the field. 

I'm guessing you never played football before? Or have every watch the pushing and shoving matches after the play that turn into punches being thrown before have you?

You guessed wrong.  I played through high school, had one opportunity to play DIII in college - played rugby through college.  Significantly more plays take place without issues than those that do.  It seems as Brady's yellig after every missed catch or throw. 

Brady's got young receivers - he needs to get his head wrapped around that and teach these guys, in game, rather than just yell at them.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree but the two accounts are that footballs players have more sense than to slug someone after a play (which happens every week just about) and that tossing someone under the bus at a press conference is the same as yelling at them on the field (which it isn't)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I know there are some bytches complaining and I'd love to smack yall in the face.  I love the potential.  

You know something? You're right to an extent, but imagine if they spent to the cap...or close to it. I can see this team being pretty good if we can get all our guys back, but it's the second week against another crap team...truthfully we shouldn't be pinning our hopes on guys coming back...we should have enough talent out there right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I've seen more from Thompkins and Dobson just tonight than we saw from guys like C. Jackson over the course of two seasons. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I must say with the WR ranks this thin it still puzzles me why they can't send Boyce on a simple deep post/Go route.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

TB may want to consider encouraging his young recievers in public. They are probably nervous enough.

This.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

[QUOTE]

GET THIS SO CALLED "KICKER", WHO ONLY HAS ONE JOB, OFF THIS TEAM!

On a slightly more humorous note....I'm not sure Tom likes these new WR's with the exception of Amendola

Tom's not paid to like or dislike the receivers.  He's paid to get them the ball where they are not where he thinks they should be.  Again - if his players are green then he needs to throw to them understanding that. 

Brady's got to get them on his page or he's got to get on theirs.  Rather than pouting and yelling he needs to be talking to them about their routes and why he's throwing the ball where he is.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up....cuz I would have never figured that out on my own. You've helped me see the light bro. Thanks. Next time be sure to highlight the first part of what I said about Tom...I think it implied that I was joking

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

This heavy rain will hurt the offense. 

LOL!   I'm joking!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Ok thanks Vince Lombardi...

sure thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If you thought this game was ugly ... it's raining now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

JUST WIN BABY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

do you guys notice the score on the NFL.com website behind by about 5 mins..?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Tommy Kelly is a big man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

do you guys notice the score on the NFL.com website behind by about 5 mins..?

My bad - ignore...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I must say with the WR ranks this thin it still puzzles me why they can't send Boyce on a simple deep post/Go route.

True that. McD needs to take some flack. There has been "no" discernable O plan for both games so far, IMHO. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

sure thing.

Rivalry is over! You can go home now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

anybody else small a pick 6 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

anybody else small a pick 6 

How do you do that?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

nice! burn a time out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Keep 'em to a FG.