Jim Irsay on Manning: "I wanted rings and team achievements, not personal ones"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jim Irsay on Manning: "I wanted rings and team achievements, not personal ones"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/in-moving-on-from-manning-irsay-says-he-chose-championships-over-stats/

Interesting read, something I've stressed to people the whole time. I respect Manning but I feel he's more into his personal achievements (encouraged by his family as well) than by team achievements.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Jim Irsay on Manning:

Drew Brees is tat way also. I never thought that until two years ago I saw a sounf FX and the way he was acting and talking on the sideline when he broke a record. I can't remember which one but I thought they were classless they way they handled it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I've read lots of quotes from Broncos players this year saying "we are doing this for peyton" "we don't want to let him down" - Peyton elevates himself above the team and encourages a cult of personality

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew Brees is tat way also. I never thought that until two years ago I saw a sounf FX and the way he was acting and talking on the sideline when he broke a record. I can't remember which one but I thought they were classless they way they handled it.

[/QUOTE]

Brees is worse than Manning.

Manning always wanted credit and glory ... Brees wants passing numbers and records.

For both of them ... the SB victory seemed slightly less important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

My favorite is the fact that Peyton won't catch any flack from the media for throwing even when up by 3-4 scores. Brady in 2007 = "running up the score"

I loved Brady's response when he was asked about his TD streak ending: "I'm just bummed we lost. That's all that matters right now."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Peyton putting up wins, TD's and avoiding int's...what else does the guy need to do?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Have always seen Peyton and brees as Cal Ripken types and his game play streak

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Peyton chokes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This past Sunday, the Pats scored two rushing TDs while inside the 10 yard line.  Last year the Pats scored 25 rushing TDs.  Compare that to Manning, he'll throw for a TD more than likely than run it in as indicated by the Broncos 10 rushing TDs last season.  So far this season, though, the Broncos have 9 TDs to the Pats 3. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Too bad for Payton, even if his team somehow does make it to the Super Bowl....It's F**King cold and windy come February in the Meadowlands.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/in-moving-on-from-manning-irsay-says-he-chose-championships-over-stats/

Interesting read, something I've stressed to people the whole time. I respect Manning but I feel he's more into his personal achievements (encouraged by his family as well) than by team achievements.

[/QUOTE]

IN OTER WORDS... i wish i had me some BRADY MOJO rather than the neck's self-egoism!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Peyton putting up wins, TD's and avoiding int's...what else does the guy need to do?

[/QUOTE]

How about some facial surgery...he's pitiously ugly!

Man, when UD6 reads this thread, especially after last night and the Colts being slammed, he'll have heart vapor-lock!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've heard some people say the goal is to win Super Bowls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not be a sub .500 QB in the playoffs or go one and out 8 times.