Joe Flacco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Joe Flacco

I am not entirely sure some players know that there is a Lockout from an expired CBA, where they walked away from the negotiating table.

It's fascinating how delusional the players are:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6284461

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Joe Flacco

Are you high maintenance or what? heh

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/04/flacco_disappointed_about_year_wait_for_extension.html

“Ideally for me, I would like to do something as soon as possible because I feel like I deserve it,” Flacco said. “If you don’t feel like I’m going to be your quarterback for the next 10 years, what’s one year going to make. I don’t know what the deal is. We’ll have to let this play out and see.”

Unreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I get the idea that he would like a new deal, but to act like he doesn't know what the current environment is, makes him come off really ignorant and self-serving.

He also has a year left on his original deal.

I am sure whent he dust clears, they'll come with an offer. When you don't know the landscape in the new CBA, it's not that wise to unload a contract when you know it needs to be pretty big.

Brady is an exception.  As would be Manning.  But, not Flacco.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It doesn't say when he made the comments. He may have been trying to put pressure on management before the negociations started.

On a larger scale why don't these guys build in language that says exactly when contract extension discussions will start and end? The extension parameters get brought up day one of negociations and if a resolution can't be reached then the player can go talk to whoever he wants.

It comes up all the time even if you're the best at what you do like Brady and Manning. It's funny how the owner can't get enough time with a player when they're doing great but when that same player wants an extension to assure his future is taken care they can't seem to get on the same page. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Not really much of a story and not really related to what is going on with the lock out/labor dispute/whatever it might be.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How is it not related?  Of course it's related. Just as Manning's deal not being done is related.

He likely doesn't have an extension because Baltimore isn't in the position to commit Sanchez-like money at this time.

Keep in mind, it was Bisciotti (Balt's owner) who stated that the owners are losing money in the old CBA, before last season even started.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He has leverage, as starting Qb's are hard to find (See Cam Newton draft possible teams)... he's simply using his levrage. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Flacco:
    [QUOTE]He has leverage, as starting Qb's are hard to find (See Cam Newton draft possible teams)... he's simply using his levrage. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

But right now with a lockout he has zero leverage. Technically he doesn't have a job until the lockout is over

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Flacco : But right now with a lockout he has zero leverage. Technically he doesn't have a job until the lockout is over
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Right.  Even more of a reason for him to push it, no?

Don't get me wrong as I am not with him, nor against him.  I see both sides. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Flacco : Right.  Even more of a reason for him to push it, no? Don't get me wrong as I am not with him, nor against him.  I see both sides. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I was put on forced Vacation by my company while they moved facilities some time ago. For that 2 week period we either had to use our own vacation days, take an unpaid vacation, or quit no other choices. If I went to my bosses during this unpaid vacation, while they were switching buildings to save cash, and basically said I deserved a raise and wanted to know why I haven't gotten one yet they would tell me to stay on permanent vacation. When a lockout happens because of labor costs to begin with it doesn't make sense to make a stink and say that you aren't making enough and aren't happy. Much better to say something along the lines of "I'm hoping that the NFLPA and the owners can come to a fair agreement and I can carry on playing the sport I love. Once those tense negotiations are over I'm looking forward to working with the Ravens on a longer term contract and keep me with the great team and fans." It would come across better to the owner and help gain fan support better then basically saying that even though the players and owners are screwing over the fans and the economy sucks worse then the Panthers I want more money and I'm upset I don't have a new contract right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Flacco is on the borderline of being out of town and he is begging for a new contract like this?

Lol the Ravens are going to fall off the map sooner than later. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Flacco : I was put on forced Vacation by my company while they moved facilities some time ago. For that 2 week period we either had to use our own vacation days, take an unpaid vacation, or quit no other choices. If I went to my bosses during this unpaid vacation, while they were switching buildings to save cash, and basically said I deserved a raise and wanted to know why I haven't gotten one yet they would tell me to stay on permanent vacation. When a lockout happens because of labor costs to begin with it doesn't make sense to make a stink and say that you aren't making enough and aren't happy. Much better to say something along the lines of "I'm hoping that the NFLPA and the owners can come to a fair agreement and I can carry on playing the sport I love. Once those tense negotiations are over I'm looking forward to working with the Ravens on a longer term contract and keep me with the great team and fans." It would come across better to the owner and help gain fan support better then basically saying that even though the players and owners are screwing over the fans and the economy sucks worse then the Panthers I want more money and I'm upset I don't have a new contract right now
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

My comany once used an analogy, a freaking horrible and unloyal phrase, X's and O's.....all can be replaced... do you feel that you can or could be replaced???????  Joe Flacco feels that if he were replaced it would not be for better? You know what I mean?  Again, I agree with you, but i see why he is using this approach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Flacco : Right.  Even more of a reason for him to push it, no? Don't get me wrong as I am not with him, nor against him.  I see both sides. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

He has no leverage as long as each side can't negotiate due to the Lockout. Doing it publicly only makes him sound insecure and desperate. It's also fruitless.

Just tell your agent you want a contract negotiated when the CBA is signed. Why are players so ignorant to what the situation is?

If these millionaires think the average person is going to feel sorry for them as parents lose their jobs and homes, living in motels to try to survive, they are not only stupid but completely delusional.

The guy is signed through 2011. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Milk out of the nose tcal

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

If you're going to start a thread like this you should at least provide some photos.
    Posted by siestafiesta

"They are right here on the Boston Globe site, that's where I got them! Pics and a video of a newscast showing all the candidates in their a** shaking glory. Just click on the link (March 30 Globe).
    Do I have to do everything for you guys
    ?!"
         ~JintsFan (from Pats Cheerleader Tryout thread)

~See, I post THIS reply on here, b/c the same sentiment holds true on this thread:

"I didnt click on the link cause well its an ESPN link lol so how exactly is Flacco being delusional??"
         ~tas

"Are you high maintenance or what? heh"
         ~Rusty

~Look Rusty and JintsFan, I'm with most others here: Don't just post the link, Ya gotta post the story/pics...  I mean kr!st, IF I ain't gonna take the effort in any way, shape, or form, Of getting a hot cheerleader, WhatTH makes you think I'm gonna take the effort of going back to BDC's frontpage to LOOK at a hot cheerleader...good god.  And as for you Rusty, I'm only gonna take the time to click on that link when they figure out a way I can do it by blinking...and even then I'm not so sure.  Jesus, IF I'm gonna click on that link, I might as well take the time to find myself a better job.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Flacco : Hhahaha...I have already been corrected and admitted the error of my ways. One of the ones to call me out in that posted the link in doing so- so all can now enjoy the rather hot Pats girls! Links in the future, duly noted, sir!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]GFY