Joe Haden, Pats 2010 1st rd draft pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayosmyboy51. Show mayosmyboy51's posts

Joe Haden, Pats 2010 1st rd draft pick?

The guy is a stud at cornerback for Florida, arguably one of the best cover corners in all of college football.  I think he said he's coming out this year.  If so, is there a chance he will still be around for our pick, likely somewhere in the mid-20s (hopefully we pick at 32).  Our secondary could definitely use him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Joe Haden, Pats 2010 1st rd draft pick?

This is considered a weak CB year, so do we really want him?  Would rather extend Bodden and get the OLBs we really need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Could be a good pick but for first round I really hope we can get a stud pass rusher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

jerry hughes is the prototypical BB OLB as far as size is concerned. hes pretty damn good in the pash rush too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Yep, I'm on board with a pash rusher too.  The thing here is we don't know how good our secondary really is because the pass rush is so poor.  A good pash rush makes the QB release the ball before he wants to, makes a too quick of a decision, a throw away or sack.  When a QB is comfortable in the pocket it's going to be a long day for the secondary and it doesn't matter who's secondary you're talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Not to hi-jack this thread too much are there any cb free agents that might be worst trading a pick or two.  Or should we just draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I luv hearing all you who want a olb pass rusher. Yea who doesnt, please name one, cause this group is full of all the same caliber of guys. Yea I like Hughes and Morgan etc, but drafting olb's is one of the biggest gambles there is in the draft. I know to a point the whole draft is, but olb is very hard to project, very hard. Ok Cushing , Matthews, Orakpo, I give you Ghoulston, Maybin, Ayers, and alot more like them. Im a "best available guy" and this team has alot of needs, almost everywhere. Haden would be a great pick, but most likely will be gone. People say this is a deep draft, I see that, but we need a stud. This need is in big need of one. Were missing some and need a stud. This is why Im all for moving up to maybe top 15. This is where you would need to be to grab someone like a Haden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Pats will probably trade out of the first round.  They needed two downward trades in a row to get out last April, they traded down but not out the year before, they took Meriweather in the first round but traded their second first rounder away that year, they traded a first round pick to Baltimore one year so the Ravens could get the Quarterback Of The Future (who wasn't named Flacco) --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Haden will probably go top 10-top 15 anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if there is a no cap year its hard to say what could happen.we could pick up a good pass rusher in the free agency.money wouldnt matter for at least a year.depending on if bob kraft is willing to spend it.we could trade up being we have three 2nd round picks,or trade down,or trade the 1st for a 1st the following year to where we will have three 1st round picks.many things could come into play this off season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

What good is a great corner with no pass rush ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not only is Haden a stud cornerback prospect, he's as stud SEC (which is far and away the toughest and most athletic conference in America) corner who's been a starter since he walked on campus in freshman year.  He has decent size (listed at 5-11 190), he's a tough, physical tackler and is excellent vs the run.  He's also shown shut down capabilities in coverage possessing excellent speed (4.42 and ball skills (8 career picks).  There is also the Urban Meyer connection and BB's affinity for SEC players (due to level of competition).  With that being said, I don't think he makes it out of the top 15 so NE would have to move up to get him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I would like to see the Pat's draft Golden Tate WR from Notre Dame. I know some project him to drop to the 2nd round, I don't think he will last that long. With Welker's injury and Moss skills starting to decline, I think Tate would be the perfect fit. Every time I saw ND over the past few years, this kid was making plays. He can go deep as well as across the middle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I would be happy with Haden, all the so called experts are calling this a very DL/OLB deep and talented class which falls right into BB's 2nd round gems.
    If we can pickup this kid in the first to have as a CB for the next 5 years and get 1 or 2 OLBs in the 2nd then why not.

I think we'll end up with trading some future picks for more 2nd round picks and a 3rd.  This class outside of CB and maybe safety has some good players through the third round.
    Jerry Hughes probably will be gone by the time the pats pick.  I would keep this my eye on these two guys,
    Von Miller Texas A&M 6'3" 240 Junior had 17 sacks this year, projected in 2nd round
    Brandon Lang Troy, will need to be coached, he's 6'4" 256 and has great speed off the edge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sergio Kindle, Javier Arenas....SWC and SEC.  Haden and Berry are, arguably, the two best DB prospects. Can`t see them getting past top 15 and like most posters I don`t see Belichick trading up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Joe Haden is one of the most polished corners in the draft in a long time.  He will be a top 5 pick, or at worst top 10.  There is zero chance he will be on the board when the Patriots pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I want NE to pick front 7 guys with their first three picks, and a RB with their fourth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Fast pass rushers (this is a passing league and you've got to get to the QB fast) - also an explosive running back.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

another 5'11'' (on a tall day) corner? Not exactly awe inspiring

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~I mean zero offense whatsoever to this thread's author- But Is this a serious thread?  Next year, Darius Butler can be on one-side, Mediocre Shawn Springs will man the other (and that's worst case-IF Leigh Bodden commands a substantial contract).  And You can find a decent nickel CB via Free Agency, since Wilhite can't even play the easiest of that CB spots.

N.E. could use another Corner....But see IF We were to Draft Florida's Joe Haden, HERE'S the alternative-

BB would HAVE to trade one of our critically important Second Rounders and bundle it with our First Rounder in order to move up into the Top 10-15 spots in the 1st rd to Draft a very good (albeit rookie) Cornerback.  By doing so, N.E. will THEN have only 3 picks in the first 2 rds...3 Selections for a Starting Tight End (and that's IF we shore up a #2 WR in FA), AND a Starting weakside Outside LineBacker (and that's IF we shore up another OLB in FA), AND one of some kind of Runningback (3 RBs over 30 & 2 RBs are FA...and so that's IF we keep/resign/sign a 3rd-down-back/Powerback), AND some kind of Defensive End (and that's IF we keep VW & potentially don't need a true NT)...

And then finally after that, ALL BB has to do is somehow resign BOTH our starting Offensive Guards OR just find 2 starting Guards after the 4th rd (oops, NOW with this scenario, and not having a 5th rder, It would be 2 starting guards in THE 6TH RD Onwards), and FINALLY I guess, just forsake having a decent Strong Inside Linebacker (or resign Guyton, who's been playing kinda crummy in the second half of this season)....

...BUT although N.E. would have a secure secondary by bundling a 2nd rder with our 1st rder and getting Joe Haden, The Patriots would then have to choose in forsaking at the bare minimum-2 OF THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:  Pass-rushing OLB, a good 3-4 Defensive End, a 3rd down Runningback and/or Powerback, a Tight End and/or #2 Wide Receiver, AND 2 Offensive Guards (and again, That's IF ALL the above contingents outlined in paragraph one, happened in our favor).  I'll now pause so someone can choose which 2 of those 5 (at the bare lowest) roster positions will be negated (and again that's IF all other things happened favorably in free agency and the draft). 

~BUT We'd secure our secondary...A Secondary that is in on a far smaller amount of Total Plays from scrimmage, than New England's Front 7 are... AND A N.E. Secondary that pretty much goes further against Belichick's philosophy as of late-As BB Lets his Front 7 take care of most running plays (moreso than it seems MOST NFL teams do, since our CBs are almost always way, way further down the list of other teams starting cbs, in Total Tackles)- As He appears to tell his zone CBs to play the pass, and worry more about giving up the big pass-play and give the wr a decent sized cushion, rather than crowding the LOS and shedding the wideout for what would amount to on most plays, a small run tackle (at the expense of getting burned when its a passing-play).