John Abraham (Another one...why are we waiting? )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

John Abraham (Another one...why are we waiting? )

He could be had now......what is the reason the Pats are procrastinating on this? Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: John Abraham (Another one...why are we waiting? )

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Waiting for the market to get softer, bro!  He's bound to still be around until they can offer vet min, no?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think they have moved on from that idea and are gonna role with Jones, Bequette, Nink, CFL guy, Francis, Scott,etc

Pass rush by committee. Pray for different results..  Best I can guess

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Waiting for the market to get softer, bro!  He's bound to still be around until they can offer vet min, no?

still taking a gamble on losing him..........not that it is a big deal for an aging vet....but if we lose someone we are targeting while waiting for the lowest possible $$ sigining we might end up empty handed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

pretty sure BB is not done.  Armstead was a great pickup---but he is not the total answer.  I would be shocked/disappointed if we stood pat on what we have now.  The draft is deep w/DL--but I think just waiting for vets to come down on their price.  Freeney is out of his mind if he thinks he is getting Osi-money from any team.  My deal w/him or Abraham would be the "well, come here and play 1 yr on a heavy incentivized contract and prove your worth to get back in the market next year"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:

pretty sure BB is not done.  Armstead was a great pickup---but he is not the total answer.  I would be shocked/disappointed if we stood pat on what we have now.  The draft is deep w/DL--but I think just waiting for vets to come down on their price.  Freeney is out of his mind if he thinks he is getting Osi-money from any team.  My deal w/him or Abraham would be the "well, come here and play 1 yr on a heavy incentivized contract and prove your worth to get back in the market next year"

my thoughts exactly...........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

still taking a gamble on losing him..........not that it is a big deal for an aging vet....but if we lose someone we are targeting while waiting for the lowest possible $$ sigining we might end up empty handed.

I wasn't serious.  I have no clue why.  I stopped trying to get in the minds of the Pats brain trusts a long time ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he's visited a lot of teams now and hasnt gotten a contract yet. so either his medicals arent checking out or his veiw of what he should get is out of whack (kind of like freeney wanting $6 mil per year). my guess is the pats have a low ball contract on the table and he's shopping around to see if he can do any better. i wouldnt be surprised to see him end up in denver which would be another disappointment. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Wouldn't be surprised if the Pats have two or three DL free agents on offer at 1.5-2M. First one who signs is in. The rest can play for the Raiders or another train wreck crew. Or come back and sign for vet minimum before camp.

I know everyone is freaked about the DL but it is not that big a deal and there are a lot of pretty decent bodies in the mix. Nink gets lots of criticism but has continued to be a surprisingly effective player. And run defense has been great. With the Pats offense and most teams playing from behind against them, the totals in pass defense are always going to look worse than they really are. And what we saw when Talib was playing was a more agressive defensive mind set - more pressure from the front 7 and more man behind the rush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I wasn't serious.  I have no clue why.  I stopped trying to get in the minds of the Pats brain trusts a long time ago.

Hey TFB, one thing I learned thru the years, is as soon as you think you're thinking like the Pats brass, JUST think the opposite and you'll get it right everytime!  ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Hey TFB, one thing I learned thru the years, is as soon as you think you're thinking like the Pats brass, JUST think the opposite and you'll get it right everytime!  ;)

Yes, I am finding that true as well, LOL!

So let me give this a try...

I think the Pats are just waiting for Abraham to make up his mind on the money.

What will end up happening... He isn't coming here!!  Andre Carter welcome back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

He could be had now......what is the reason the Pats are procrastinating on this? Thoughts?

rhymes with "beep"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Yes, I am finding that true as well, LOL!

So let me give this a try...

I think the Pats are just waiting for Abraham to make up his mind on the money.

What will end up happening... He isn't coming here!!  Andre Carter welcome back!

In the words of Great Troy Brown "We got BINGO" ;)