John Harbaugh is an idiot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

John Harbaugh is an idiot?

I just woke up turned on the tube and saw our main man Tedy Bruschi defending our championshipsyet again as coach Harbaugh apparently said our championships should have asteriks next to them. Bruschi went off and reminded Johnny that when he was interviewing for the ravns HC job it was Bill Belichick who vouched for him. Somebody ask Johnny if some video was the reason we just bounced his team from getting to a SB! Very surprising to hear this. Sorry about the typing errors, I'm posting this from my phone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?

Glad Bruschi pointed out to Harbaugh that Belichick gave Ravens ownership a ringing endorsement for Harbaugh for the HC job.  He's a whiny punk.  Belichick will surely run up the score on him in Week 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's Harbaugh giving his opinion. I don't have a big deal with it, he is showing a fair amount of ignorance and bias though with mention of asterisks and tainted.

It was a fairly mild comment that I'm sure will be repeated and blown out of proportion. Fact is, to a degree, he's right. Because of Spygate, whether or not you think it was anything serious, it happened, and it gives Pats Haters fuel to minimize 3 Super Bowl victories.

Hey, if it makes them feel better about themselves and their lack of winning, or helps them to sleep at night...have at it fellas.

Those 3 Silver Lombardi trophies have neither taint nor an asterisk anywhere on them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bruschi was so fired up he got up, said thank you and walked out before the end of the interview! Tell em Tedy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?": [QUOTE]It's Harbaugh giving his opinion. I don't have a big deal with it, he is showing a fair amount of ignorance and bias though with mention of asterisks and tainted. It was a fairly mild comment that I'm sure will be repeated and blown out of proportion. Fact is, to a degree, he's right. Because of Spygate, whether or not you think it was anything serious, it happened, and it gives Pats Haters fuel to minimize 3 Super Bowl victories. Hey, if it makes them feel better about themselves and their lack of winning, or helps them to sleep at night...have at it fellas. Those 3 Silver Lombardi trophies have neither taint nor an asterisk anywhere on them. Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE] I'm just surprised at the source. BB and Harbaugh have a realationship. BB told him before 09 in the playoffs if its not us, I hope its you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Other than Ravens players and fans I don't think anyone really cares what Harbaugh says.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot?:
    [QUOTE]Bruschi was so fired up he got up, said thank you and walked out before the end of the interview! Tell em Tedy!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Way to go, Tedy!!!! Full tilt - full time!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He's right, but he's wrong. All championship seasons that are part of a dynasty run should have asterisks placed upon them to differentiate them from just your regular run of the mill championship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Same old story:

The Colts couldn't get by New England, so the Patriots were "cheating" and the rules had to be "emphasized."

Baltimore can't get by the Patriots and it's The Fox and the Grapes all over again.

Comes with the territory. Those who cannot defeat you must take their solace in belittling your achievments.

Harbaugh may or may not be an idiot -- I don't really care -- but he certainly makes me chuckle quietly to myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]He's right, but he's wrong. All championship seasons that are part of a dynasty run should have asterisks placed upon them to differentiate them from just your regular run of the mill championship.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Harbaugh owes his job to BB so in that sense what a cowardly thing to do by Harbaugh. Personally I think he wanted Hightower and is butt hurt that the Pats moved up to get him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

The Ravens are lucky the game is in Baltimore...might have been beaten by 40+ points in New England.....now it will be more like 20+....

KEEP FLAPPIN' THOSE GUMMS JOHN & THE PATRIOTS WILL JUST KEEP WINNING...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

This one is tricky and i wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh "clarifies" what was said.  If you read or listen to the interview he is just talking about how since "spygate" came out the Super Bowls have been "tainted".

It is NOT clear if he feels that way or if he is just stating that is what the public in general percieves.  I bet he will come out and clarify he doesnt believe they are tainted but the overall perception in the public is they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't think he's an idiot TC but he is jealous. His team isn't what Bills is, his QB isn't what Bills is, his record isn't what Bills is, he has one ring to Bills five and he get's 1% of the respect outside of the inner harbor.

Now he just lost that 1% from me 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he's an idiot TC but he is jealous. His team isn't what Bills is, his QB isn't what Bills is, his record isn't what Bills is, he has one ring to Bills five and he get's 1% of the respect outside of the inner harbor. Now he just lost that 1% from me 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Harbaugh has not won a ring

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I don't think he's an idiot after all he did man up about scoreboard-gate, however he might have some splainin to do because the NFL frowns on the defimation of teams unless they have proof of those accusations.   Ask Woody. Since God, himself, came out and said there was no advantage and no cheating involved, he might have to defend or at least clarify his statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Seriously guys I can't believe you let the media (especially boston.com) play you like this.  Below is the qoute:

"The funny thing about that is, is that in the end everything is brought before the light of day when it's all said and done. [Host: the truth always rises] It does! So what happens is, even the thing in New England and the thing ... No matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained. So to me it's never worth it.

He is clearly talking about the fact that just the story being out there causing the public to but question it and put a stain on it.  In no way does he say they are stained.  He even says "whether it had an impact OR NOT".

And he is actually right because there are plently out there in the public that do feel the SB's are tainted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Somebody should ask Harbaugh why members of his coaching fraternity are always seen on tv covering up their mouths with a clipboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously guys I can't believe you let the media (especially boston.com) play you like this.  Below is the qoute: "The funny thing about that is, is that in the end everything is brought before the light of day when it's all said and done. [Host: the truth always rises] It does! So what happens is, even the thing in New England and the thing ... No matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained. So to me it's never worth it. He is clearly talking about the fact that just the story being out there causing the public to but question it and put a stain on it.  In no way does he say they are stained.  He even says "whether it had an impact OR NOT". And he is actually right because there are plently out there in the public that do feel the SB's are tainted.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

There really aren't plenty of people out there who think they are so tainted the championships should be taken away. And that's the bottom line. Maybe 10% of fans. About the same percentage that are complete irretrievable idiots.

Some say the Saints should lose their trophy. Ridiculous. If a player or group of players were paid off to throw the game I can see that, but spygate and bountygate are just teams getting overzealous about trying to get some slight edge. No big deal. Slap them and move on.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I see this and immediately think about baseball and steroids. Barry Bonds is the home run king, how many of those 762 were because of steroids? He got caught cheating so people will assume that all 762 aren't legit. BB got caught stealing signals, what advantage did he gained from that? I didn't see them shutting out every single team they played during that run. Every team did it too, but the league didn't catch them. How many more games have the pats won after spygate? you'd think they'd go 9-7,8-8,7-9, or worse, but they haven't. This spygate thing was blown out of proportion, it was just stealing signal, that happens in baseball all the time, but you need to execute the play to have the advantage.

I don't think JH was saying that he believes that those championships are tainted but that's the public perception out of NE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: John Harbaugh is an idiot? : There really aren't plenty of people out there who think they are so tainted the championships should be taken away. And that's the bottom line. Maybe 10% of fans. About the same percentage that are complete irretrievable idiots. Some say the Saints should lose their trophy. Ridiculous. If a player or group of players were paid off to throw the game I can see that, but spygate and bountygate are just teams getting overzealous about trying to get some slight edge. No big deal. Slap them and move on.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Don't put words in my mouth or the qoute.  No one said anything about taking the championships away. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Wow Harbaugh s already called Belichick and Bruschi to "clarify"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I believe his apology/clarification.  I think it was pretty obvious he was talking about the perception rather than the reality, and how quick he was, not just to address the situation, but to personally call BOTH Belichick and Bruschi reinforces this.  Non-story.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]I believe his apology/clarification.  I think it was pretty obvious he was talking about the perception rather than the reality, and how quick he was, not just to address the situation, but to personally call BOTH Belichick and Bruschi reinforces this.  Non-story.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

Funny I said that about an hour ago, just from reading the actual qoute rather then the boston.com headline.