Johnathan Joseph Clearly in Denial, Still Thinks Texans Were Better Team Than Patriots!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Johnathan Joseph Clearly in Denial, Still Thinks Texans Were Better Team Than Patriots!!

This is funny as heII !! Only "a few plays difference" between the teams despite two blowouts!!!!

Jonathan Joseph is in denial. That’s the only logical explanation for his comments in the wake of his Texans falling to the Patriots in the AFC divisional round on Sunday. The cornerback not only can’t believe his team lost, but he also thinks the Texans are still better than the Patriots, who earned themselves a date with the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game with Sunday’s victory. “Obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ballgames to get up to that point,” Joseph told reporters Monday. “For whatever reason, we didn’t advance. I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.” Joseph, who joined Houston after spending his first five seasons in Cincinnati, is going to his second straight Pro Bowl. Yet despite the talent level of he and the rest of the Texans’ secondary, Tom Brady and the potent New England offense torched Houston both during the regular season and during Sunday’s playoff clash. Regardless of the Patriots’ dominance, though, Joseph can’t come to grips with the notion that there’s a big gap between the two teams. “Just four or five plays. You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame,” Joseph said. Joseph acknowledged that the Texans had a special season, but you can bet Houston fans are no longer satisfied with simply making the playoffs. Neither is Joseph, and he referred to the Texans’ inability to win the Super Bowl as “disappointing.”

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/ex_giant_phil_mcconkey_rips_drew_brees_for_take_on_former_nfl_players/12669205

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Johnathan Joseph Clearly in Denial, Still Thinks Texans Were Better Team Than Patriots!!

Well I can see why he would say that.  I mean in two games his defense gave up 83 points to a clearly inferior team. If I were him I'd draw the same conclusion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Johnathan Joseph Clearly in Denial, Still Thinks Texans Were Better Team Than Patriots!!

And if the Pats D didn't go soft on them in the 4th Q, the score could have been worse.  A few plays here and there!  Denial is right!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

WHo cares what he thinks???! He's history and so are the Texans for this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lol, "take away 4 or 5 plays". I guess he must mean the Pats TD's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

His error is focusing on the really big plays.

THere were a lot more than 5 plays that went into deciding these two drubbings. NE passed the ball at will against them twice, 75 passes, 7 TDs, 0 INTs, and I think only 1 or two sacks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It would make sense if he were a Bronco complaining about the Ravens - take away Baltimore's 3 biggest plays on offense in that game, and it's not even close.  The Pats, on the other hand, were moving the ball at will, whether through big plays, small plays or in-between plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Jealousy is an extremely ugly trait, Johnny Boy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the refs were helping the texans out all night and they still couldnt make it much of a game....the texans were absolute frauds. only players on that team that showed up were andre johnson and JJ Watt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Maybe on paper....just not last Sunday! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

This is funny as heII !! Only "a few plays difference" between the teams despite two blowouts!!!!

Jonathan Joseph is in denial. That’s the only logical explanation for his comments in the wake of his Texans falling to the Patriots in the AFC divisional round on Sunday. The cornerback not only can’t believe his team lost, but he also thinks the Texans are still better than the Patriots, who earned themselves a date with the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game with Sunday’s victory. “Obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ballgames to get up to that point,” Joseph told reporters Monday. “For whatever reason, we didn’t advance. I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.” Joseph, who joined Houston after spending his first five seasons in Cincinnati, is going to his second straight Pro Bowl. Yet despite the talent level of he and the rest of the Texans’ secondary, Tom Brady and the potent New England offense torched Houston both during the regular season and during Sunday’s playoff clash. Regardless of the Patriots’ dominance, though, Joseph can’t come to grips with the notion that there’s a big gap between the two teams. “Just four or five plays. You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame,” Joseph said. Joseph acknowledged that the Texans had a special season, but you can bet Houston fans are no longer satisfied with simply making the playoffs. Neither is Joseph, and he referred to the Texans’ inability to win the Super Bowl as “disappointing.”

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/ex_giant_phil_mcconkey_rips_drew_brees_for_take_on_former_nfl_players/12669205

Some people really need to think before they open their mouth so they don't come out looking like a azz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

He's right.  All it would take is Vereen and Lloyd dropping those 3 TD passes, and Vereen and Ridley fumbling before crossing the goal line on their TD runs.

5 Plays, and 35 less points for the Pats.

That's all.  Really simple.

In fact, you could probably argue that most games could be completely different with even fewer plays "going the other way." Reduce his argument down, and he's saying "If the Pats just hadn't scored more points than us, we would've been the better team and won."

Of course, most folks think that's just another way of saying you got outplayed, and the better team won.  The truth is who wins and loses is determined by which team is the better team for the time it takes to actually play the game, regardless of anything else.  And two times this year against Texas, that's clearly been the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The team that consistently makes more of their plays is the better team.

He must be thinking they are the more talented team. That could be debatable. Nevertheless, better talent does not necessarily translate to being a better team. He probably did not watch NWE win SB 36, against a much more talented Rams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

The team that consistently makes more of their plays is the better team.

He must be thinking they are the more talented team. That could be debatable. Nevertheless, better talent does not necessarily translate to being a better team. He probably did not watch NWE win SB 36, against a much more talented Rams.

If ever there was a monument to a team win in a huge game it was that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Common reaction. Lot of people cannot figure out how the Patriots do it.

I think the biggest difference is the extent that the Patriot players have been trained to do their job and not to screw up on their assignments. There is execution and then there is Patriots EXECUTION. A little more attention to datail on every play makes the difference in the end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Some people HERE cant seem to figure out how the Pats do it!

Here are some tips:

1. TOm Brady

2. BB builds rest of team EACH year through FA and draft and the occasional trade and picking up undrafted FAs. Glitzy names do not matter. Spreading roster dollars to make the best 53 man roster with greatest range of skills and overlapping role capabilty matters.

3. BB creates O and D schemes that allow the team to adapt to different opponents, different game situations, different waether conditions, etc.

4. BB and staff teach and coach not jus tthrough preseason but throughout year building better team dynamics, undrestandings of roles and reads and how to play

5. Leadership on staff and amongst players instills the Patriots way

6. THey score more points than their oppponents most of the time and so are always in contention for SB

See - it is as easy as 1,2, 3, 4, 5 , 6...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

kinda reminds me of this other fanbase i know who always lose to the same team but can't seem to accept it...hmmm what fans were they again?

help me here quag....