Jones vs Coples

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Jones vs Coples

Who has the better day on Sunday? 

Through six games played...

Coples, 10 total tackles, 2 sacks 

Jones, 27 total tackles, 5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles

My bet is on Jones...he will tally 7 total tackles and 2 sacks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Jones vs Coples

I like a couple of sacks for Jones too.

Any word on Hightower?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jones is regularly double teamed, so it's not the fairest of comparisons.

Quinton Motivation Coples has great strength and speed, but he didn't actually have any pass rush moves in college.  Compared to his great size, his arm length is a little off -- his arms are 2 1/4" shorter than Chandler Jones's arms, kind of a huge oversized Mini-Me.  That's a problem for him.  I suppose he'll do ok as a bull rusher.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Jones is looking like the best first round pick the Patriots have had in years. He's got a legit shot at defensive rookie of the year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Motivation".

LMAO

So true. Leave it to the Jets to use a 1st rd pick on a questionable character choice in Coples. I'd be annoyed with my team so bad on the D LIne that the 1st rd pick on a that needs sacks and a pass rush, doesn't even start.

[/QUOTE]

u should be annoyed at your D- period

[/QUOTE]

Annoyed perhaps with the play of the secondary, however the front 7 Are good.when the secondary clicks, thisbill be a top flight d. The question is when and hopefully at the right time.

Even you should be able to appreciate the play of jones. Maybe you will when he wins DROY. 

Jones compared to Coples is no comparison. The fact we got jones after Coples was drafted even better. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't even realize Coples had two sacks. I can't believe the Jets were dumb enough to draft a guy that has a history of being lazy and selfish again.

Jones probably could of had 10 sacks by now if he wasn't held so much, but 5 sacks in 6 games is great considering he's the only pass rusher on the team. We need more draft picks like him - it's nice to see what happens when we target a player...move up..and grab him. Rather than trading back for "value" and ending up with a Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, Cunningham, Wheatly, Dowling, Butler, Wilson (too early? why wait?)...I know there's more.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't even realize Coples had two sacks. I can't believe the Jets were dumb enough to draft a guy that has a history of being lazy and selfish again.

Jones probably could of had 10 sacks by now if he wasn't held so much, but 5 sacks in 6 games is great considering he's the only pass rusher on the team. We need more draft picks like him - it's nice to see what happens when we target a player...move up..and grab him. Rather than trading back for "value" and ending up with a Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, Cunningham, Wheatly, Dowling, Butler, Wilson (too early? why wait?)...I know there's more.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, how cute, a rusty disciple crying about all of this holding that isn't being called, but only against the Patriots.  Did I say cute?  I meant pathetic.  Just another ignorant Patriot fan claiming that a player they know nothing about was "selfish and lazy" yet somehow had a far better career than Jones... maybe Chandler should have been a little more "selfish and lazy".  

[/QUOTE]

Whats really pathetic is that you, Jintsfan, Wederrweener, Hess and Mangione have a strong obsession whith the Patriots despite being fans of other teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, how cute, a rusty disciple crying about all of this holding that isn't being called, but only against the Patriots.  Did I say cute?  I meant pathetic.  Just another ignorant Patriot fan claiming that a player they know nothing about was "selfish and lazy" yet somehow had a far better career than Jones... maybe Chandler should have been a little more "selfish and lazy".  

[/QUOTE]

I sense some rage, hostility and jealousy here. Why not just go back to your jests board so you can keep telling each other how great your team is and sancheeze is better than Brady....you and Hess are pathetic.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I am not ready to proclaim Coples a bust nor jones a HOF shoe in. I can only go by the numbers, and the numbers so far say jones is having a more productive season. Again, my bet for tomorrows game...jones 7 tackles, 2 sacks...Coples, 4 tackles, no sacks.

Lets check in after the game...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Now that holding is legal, sacks will be hard to come by.  Jones should have like 12 already this year if he wasn't held on every play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have never complained about Patriot defenders being held in pass protection. But they have been holding Jones a lot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, jones is getting held a lot. I don't think it is some goodell conspiracy to prop up offenses by not calling holding penalties. I think jones needs to learn how to sell the hold so refs have no other choice to call it. No different than taking a charging call in basketball ...some of it sad to say is in the theatrics. I am still going with 2 Sacks today....over or under guys?