Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots

looks like RB my committee is all but confirmed until some one steps it up and takes over the role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots : is addai better than faulk? also, does he even play special teams?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    As much respect as I have for Kev, it's painfully clear that he's lost his legs...I feel the same way about Branch, he was invisible in the Superbowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots

I believe Addai will be a running back added to the squad for the pre-season. Once the pre-season is over I believe Addai will be released from the Patriots. The Patriots have enough talented young running backs in the stable and do not need Addai. The Patriots can use the fullbacks as extra pass protection for Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I wanted/preferred Ryan Grant, but I like this move.  I sure hope he can stay on the field.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Actually, I would have preferred Tim Hightower. Though he's coming off a serious knee injury, Hightower is only 26 years old. He's a tough, short-yardage RB, that the Pats could really use in the red zone, and on 3rd and short yardage. He's also a good receiver coming out of the back field. Other than  undrafted free agent RB Bolden that was just signed, the Pats lack a short yardage back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think Babe said it best - a change of venue often helps a player make a fresh start. But in this case there are serious questions about how much Addai has left in him.

I was not happy when we signed Morris a few years ago and was proved wrong. Morris was very good as far as he was used. So perhaps BB sees there is something worth bringing in to camp - and more so than for Grant or Hightower. The value Addai would seem to have is in his abilty to both pass block and catch. I suppose they think his combined assets in these two areas are the best of the three from what they could see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss' Thoughts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Addai is a solid signing, we have so much competition coming into camp it's frightening.  

Hopefully he can stay healthy, hopefully McDaniel's integrates the running game back into the game plan like 2007 so we become an offensive juggernaut again.  
    Truthfully we have a perfect storm of talented youth movement on defense combined with the perfect components for an offense that could surpass 07'.

We shouldn't overlook this Brandon Bolden signing, every year BB scoops up undrafted free agent's that contribute, I like the look of this kid, actually reminds me of a cross between Ridely and Antoine Smith.  He's a big, very strong cut back runner, lower's his shoulder and has good hands. 

A combo of Ridely, Addai, Bolden with Woody and Vareen as 3rd down backs, that is great camp competition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Solid signing.  Addai isn't great anymore, but I think he can be effective with limited carries, which will keep him healthy.  If we get the Addai of old, then this is a steal.  I'll pencil him in for a roster spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He catches passes pretty well too. His numbers have never been eye popping but Indy's offensive line has struggled the last few years in run blocking so we'll see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]2 Ex Colts, errrr.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

It's only fitting.  Great offense and so-so defense.  Sound familiar?  BUT, I like where our D is heading......I think.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

camp casualty cut

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like the signing.  Pats are going into camp loaded this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signs with the Patriots : LOL. I doubt Gonzalez makes it
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez may not make it with the weapons the pats already have, but his problem isn't talent, its health. 

In his 2nd year, he looked like he was going to be a great fit.  I know Manning loved him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

At 29 his career is probably slowing down, but you never know he could get lucky and be over the injuries that plagued him the past two seasons and do something. At least he will add veteran leadership and be able to pass block/catch passes. The truth is we need Vareen to be the player the pats thought he was when they drafted him in the second round - I'd be shocked if we got another "nothing" season out of him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Only 7 career fumbles, 5 lost, in nearly 1100 carries and 191 catches.

Interesting pickup he's only what 29?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Really hard to look at Colts players production in 2011 and get any usable information - that team was terrible and led by a terrible group of QBs.
    If and it is a big if Gonzalez and Addai are fully healthy I think they can both be very productive for the Pats. They had good training working under Manning who did not suffer idiots. While their injury history is troubling, it also knocks a couple of years off of their football 'age' in terms of the poundings they have taken.
    As for the other two options - I can't believe Hightower is fully fit at this time, ACLs take more than 6 months to heal, so he might only be about 75%. And Grant has had his health issues as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Indifferent with this move, but at least it's a plug and play guy for depth.  Addai is never the healthiest player.

This club still doesn't have a true lead back, but I get the philosophy. Someone mentioned it above and it's likely correct.  Add competition to the group and see who emerges as the lead back.   Ridley and or/ Vereen have the talent to be that, even if not the high end talent or experienced NFL talent one might expect.

Maybe Grant was shopping himself a bit too much and it turned NE off.  Grant was rumored to be signing with Detroit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

He had a few pretty good years receiving in Indy's complex offense. He's a much better pass protection guy than Woodhead and presents a nice screen option. I think its a good move for Brady but I don't really have much faith in Addai running the ball anymore.

Ridley has the potential to be high end talent, Rusty. It may just be wishful thinking but I think Ridley will bust out if they just give him consistent carries. Look what happened with Rice after a similar rookie year to Ridley. Once he took the load he never looked back. I just hope Ridley is given the chance to be the workhorse from the start.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Joseph Addai signing with the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I believe Addai will be a running back added to the squad for the pre-season. Once the pre-season is over I believe Addai will be released from the Patriots. The Patriots have enough talented young running backs in the stable and do not need Addai. The Patriots can use the fullbacks as extra pass protection for Brady.
    Posted by PatsGnome[/QUOTE]

One little problem. RBs get injured. Vereen was injured most of last season. Him and Ridley have yet to prove that they can remain healthy starters for an entire season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

gawd....the team really is becoming The New England Colts....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I too was surprised that he is only 29. I thought he was the LSU back that came out after K Faulk,... like 2001.

I look at him as being a Sammy Morris type guy. He always played well against Pats w Buff and Miami.

His injury resume is a concern but I heard that there might be a change to the IR conditions this year and maybe 1 guy can come back during the season. If so than he could be a very serviceable acquisition.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I would rather see them develope Ridley and Vereen more rather than using a veteran but I see Addai as a replacement for BJGE.