Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.

Whether you like Jay Cutler or not, the entire situation was horrible.  Jay Cutler was in the top half of NFL QB's and with McDaniels he could have developed into an MVP especially with Brandon Marshall catching the ball.  Now Cutler is gone and it looks like Brandon Marshall will be gone so a potential top 5 NFL offense will struggle to put points on the board this season. 

But the main problem is the Broncos traded their 1st round pick away next year for a 2nd rounder from Seattle.   I feel the Broncos will probably go 5-11, 6-10, and be drafting in the top 10.  Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, will all be coming out next season, and the Broncos would have been able to pick one of them so even a terrible season this year would have been excused because of the idea of starting over with a young franchise QB.      

In that division, San Diego is solid and actually has some young talent with Philip Rivers leading the way, so they'll be good for a while as long as they don't make any horrible personel decisions.   The Chiefs are in rebuilding mode but by next season with another strong draft and some FA pickups they will have a talented roster.   Even the Raiders seem better off than the Broncos right now if Jamarcus Russell develops and Darren McFadden turns into a franchise RB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.

I have to agree, Josh looks headed in the same direction as Crennel, maybe worse.  The problem with coaches like Josh and Mangini is they act like BB when they're not!  And why Mangini got hired by the Browns may be this biggest mystery of our time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Mangina, despite the fact we all despise him, has had the most success of any of the BB understudies.  Do not interpret this to mean I'm saying he is good.  I'm only saying he has had the best results.  He went 10-6, 4-12, and 9-7.  I commented on another thread, in anticipation that someone will say that since BB blessed MacD, he'll do well, that the only understudy that has done "ok" is the one who was not blessed.  Message to aspiring coaches, don't be blessed by BB.  It's actually a curse.  He knows you are now competing against him :^)

I agree on MacD.  I can't say I've seen every press conference he has had, but the few I have seen reminded me of Cam Cameron.  He doesn't have a head coach's personality.  He is certainly nothing like BB, although he is trying.  MacD will have a fine NFL career.  I'll be shocked though if the "fine" part includes his current stint in Denver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLoyalFan. Show PatsLoyalFan's posts

In Response to Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.:
    [QUOTE]Whether you like Jay Cutler or not, the entire situation was horrible.  Jay Cutler was in the top half of NFL QB's and with McDaniels he could have developed into an MVP especially with Brandon Marshall catching the ball.  Now Cutler is gone and it looks like Brandon Marshall will be gone so a potential top 5 NFL offense will struggle to put points on the board this season.  But the main problem is the Broncos traded their 1st round pick away next year for a 2nd rounder from Seattle.   I feel the Broncos will probably go 5-11, 6-10, and be drafting in the top 10.  Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, will all be coming out next season, and the Broncos would have been able to pick one of them so even a terrible season this year would have been excused because of the idea of starting over with a young franchise QB.       In that division, San Diego is solid and actually has some young talent with Philip Rivers leading the way, so they'll be good for a while as long as they don't make any horrible personel decisions.   The Chiefs are in rebuilding mode but by next season with another strong draft and some FA pickups they will have a talented roster.   Even the Raiders seem better off than the Broncos right now if Jamarcus Russell develops and Darren McFadden turns into a franchise RB.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

josh mcdaniel is not the gm of the team nor is he the owner. cutler's contract is up and once he found out Denver was interested in Cassel he whined and made this situation what it was.   Cutler is not as good as you think, he's definitely not worth top five qb money which is what he wanted.  Kyle Orton is a better value.  bottomline Denver had to won ONE game last year in the last 3 weeks to clinch the division and Cutler's team folded up shop.   He's an arrogant selfish player, always has been back to his college days.
    McDaniels is going to be a great NFL head coach.   pat bowlen doesn't fire his good friend and legendary head coach Shanahan to hire a train wreck.  you guys bashing McDaniels kill me.  guy hasn't even coached one game yet,  and he's one of the youngest head coaches ever to be hired in the NFL.  i think Denver being a successful franchise for 30 years knows how to see talent better than you and all the naysayers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck. : josh mcdaniel is not the gm of the team nor is he the owner. cutler's contract is up and once he found out Denver was interested in Cassel he whined and made this situation what it was.   Cutler is not as good as you think, he's definitely not worth top five qb money which is what he wanted.  Kyle Orton is a better value.  bottomline Denver had to won ONE game last year in the last 3 weeks to clinch the division and Cutler's team folded up shop.   He's an arrogant selfish player, always has been back to his college days. McDaniels is going to be a great NFL head coach.   pat bowlen doesn't fire his good friend and legendary head coach Shanahan to hire a train wreck.  you guys bashing McDaniels kill me.  guy hasn't even coached one game yet,  and he's one of the youngest head coaches ever to be hired in the NFL.  i think Denver being a successful franchise for 30 years knows how to see talent better than you and all the naysayers.
    Posted by PatsLoyalFan[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right and make me eat crow.  I have my doubts though.  Denver has had a lot of success.  Of course, after Dan Reeves they did hire Wade Phillips.  It's easy to forget that because he lasted only 2 years.  MacD is no Shanahan.  BTW, I'm no fan of Cutler either.  Not sure MacD could have ever got his unqualified support.  The Cutler incident isn't really why I think MacD is in for a long year.  How MacD handled himself and presented himself is what concerns me.  For someone trying to emulate BB, he wasn't even close.

A common tactic used by posters who disagree with you is to use a variation of the "you don't know more than the coach..."  I think it's fair to say that the worst coach in the NFL knows more than any fan.  It's also fair to say that the worst GM in the NFL knows more than any fan.  So what should we talk about?  Every decision by every team has to be correct because after all, all these guys know more than us.  And while we are at it, never argue politics with anyone because we're probably not qualified to be President either.  

The truth is that no matter how good you are, you are never perfect.  All coaches, GM's, and owners make mistakes each and every year.  All of them make moves that probably don't work the way they hoped.  The better coaches make fewer mistakes, but they still make mistakes.  There is a reason that all coaches don't do exactly the same thing.  There is a reason that two good coaches might have opposite opinions on a particular scheme or player in the draft.  You see, there is a lot of room for debate.  This is why we have forums.  We speculate in these forums.  We try to guess both the mistakes and the strokes of genius.  Each year, most every coach has a bit of both.  If it's OK, I have to put down the computer and finish the conversation with my wife about the mistakes the Prez is making...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I wouldn't insult him yet, unless the Broncos trade Marshall to the Jets...then it's fine. If anyone of us took over that team wouldn't you have gotten rid of that cry baby too? Everytime the offense would go 3 and out I wouldn't want to listen to him whine and complain on the sidelines like a teenaged girl. Their defense doesn't look too bad btw so I don't think they'll have to score many points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Josh McDaniels Is A TrainWreck. : josh mcdaniel is not the gm of the team nor is he the owner. cutler's contract is up and once he found out Denver was interested in Cassel he whined and made this situation what it was.   Cutler is not as good as you think, he's definitely not worth top five qb money which is what he wanted.  Kyle Orton is a better value.  bottomline Denver had to won ONE game last year in the last 3 weeks to clinch the division and Cutler's team folded up shop.   He's an arrogant selfish player, always has been back to his college days. McDaniels is going to be a great NFL head coach.   pat bowlen doesn't fire his good friend and legendary head coach Shanahan to hire a train wreck.  you guys bashing McDaniels kill me.  guy hasn't even coached one game yet,  and he's one of the youngest head coaches ever to be hired in the NFL.  i think Denver being a successful franchise for 30 years knows how to see talent better than you and all the naysayers.
    Posted by PatsLoyalFan[/QUOTE]

Now the Patriot offense will only get better!
    As we see Belichick has stock piled the offense with more talent.
    If the pats stay healthy this is going to get sick?

Dude, I'm just glad he's not the O.C. for the patriots anymore.
    I'm glad he's in Denver. I love what's he's doing to what used to be
    "the Thorn in the Patriots' Side". At first look at the Broncos, he just
    about nailed the coffin for that franchise, He got rid of the franchise
    quarterback and clipped the wings of the numero uno weapon!

In McDaniels defense, How good was Cutler really?
    Sure the guy has a damn strong arm, but he's not very good
    when his back is up against the wall, not a very good leader.
    That Bronco team wouldn't even follow him to the restroom.
    I'd say, Cutler is the modern day Jeff George.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

First off, I don't know why this isn't posted on a Broncos board! Usually it's JBolt who starts these discussions, as a way to slam Denver. Next, let's clear up a couple things. Josh may not be the GM, but he has the biggest say in personnel decisions. Moreso than Xander. If he had wanted to keep Cutler, Jay would be there right now, tears or no. And some of you people make it sound like he decided to "dump" Cutler and go after Matt Cassel! The truth is, he was approached by a third party with the idea of the three way trade. He didn't have any intention of trading Cutler until he threw his little hissy fit and refused to talk to him. While he may have had doubts as to how well Cutler would be able to run his scheme, I'm sure he would at least have let him compete even if the Cassel deal came to fruition. Brandon Marshall is a head case. It wouldn't matter who was coaching in Denver, this guy was going to create a distraction in any scenario. Whether he stays or goes remains to be seen, but you cannot blame that situation on McD. Also remember, both he and Cutler were under contract, neither one of them could have done anything but hold out, and then they wouldn't accrue a seson in seniority. Another thing I don't get is how everybody is claiming Cutler is such a "great" QB. Sure, the guy puts up numbers, but not in the one stat where it really matters...wins! Cutler folded down the stretch and let a team that had been 4-8 overtake them to steal the division! You can blame the defense all you want, but SD's defense was just as bad last season. Tom Brady got to Super Bowls with guys like Troy Brown, David Patten, and Deion Branch. Cutler had one of the best WR tandems in the league with Marshall and Royal, and he couldn't win a single game in December! He is undisciplined (and that I partly blame on Shanahan, as he let Cutler do what he wanted), and had a tendency to make bad decisions at the worst times. Josh would have had a lot of work to get this guy in line. But Cutler would not even speak to the man face to face. He really didn't leave them much choice. While you can go into a season with a prima donna WR crying, it's a totally different story if the guy whining is your QB. All that being said, I'm not claiming Josh handled everything perfectly. Not only is he a first time head coach (most of whom fail pretty bad in their HC debut), but he's also very young. Let's let the guy actually coach a few games before we brand him a moron! One more thing to consider. All the "facts" that we are using to condemn this guy come from the media. We all know how those idiots feel about Belichick. Josh being his "protoge", don't you think they are trying a little harder to make him look bad? We defend BB when the press attacks him, but we're going to simply take them word for word in McDaniel's case?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I canot believe the bad luck McDaniels is having with this team! Buckhalter breaks a bone in his hand (playing with a cast) Moreno "tweaks" knee,Gaffney has a fractured thumb, Sims high ankle sprain, Orton dislocated finger (bone thro the skin)

On top of that the media both the NFL and Espn ridicule McDaniels Daily!!! The NFL network has Brandon Marshall on and disses McDaniels!!! Is it any surprise that Marshall acts the way he does when he has become a media darling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Like Cutler, Marshall is taking advantage of the media's disdain for Josh to get as much traction as he can for his "situation". But take away the sensationalism and all the soap opera trappings and you get down to the true facts. Brandon is a wife-beating jerk off who is upset that his team won't give him a monster contract a year early. Wise on the Broncos' part, IMO. This fool needs to prove that he can act like a man and stay out of trouble. In a way he's worse than Owens...at least TO doesn't go around beating the s h i t out of his girlfriend! He should grow up and act like Anquan Boldin. That guy is just as underpaid, yet he goes to work and doesn't act like a spoiled brat! Josh may have made some mistakes, but he's young and it's his first time as "the man". Many have done worse. I just don't care for the double standard. We will back BB when the media slams him, but when they do so to McD, most people here eat it up like it's gospel! I think he made a smart move in trading Cutler. We'll see how the Marshall situation pans out. In any case, I doubt Josh will let him hamstring the team. He may be a good WR, but he's not above the rest of the guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I just can't get over the smirk Jay Cutler had on his face when Andrea Cramer brought up Brandon Marshall at the game on Sunday.  He's obviously really enjoying it.  Forget athletes, people should not be able to act like this - anyone doing this at a real job would be canned.

As for Josh, I frankly don't think he did anything incorrect.  New coaches are going to look at making trade to better the teams personnel.  To me anyways, it seemed obvious that Cutler and his agent said "this is a young coach, we can leverage this situation into a trade".

Does this make him a trainwreck?  He certainly had a very public offseason but let's see how the season goes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The smirk on Cutler's face (I did not see, but if true) - I love it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Can't wait to see what kind of face Cutler makes while he's running for his life from Jared Allen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Choo Choo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Can't wait to see what kind of face Cutler makes while he's running for his life from Jared Allen.

We'll get to see him crying again, this time just like Tomlinson! But he won't be calling for his agent with Jared breathing down his neck, he'll be calling for his mommy!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I can't wait to see someone knock that arrogant brat on his a**!!!!!