Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?

Was watching NFL Network all morning and Michael Lombardi is reporting  Bill O'Brien will leave to be the HC of Penn State.  Josh McDaniels will likely be back with the Patriots, according to Lombardi.   What do you guys make of this? 

If he is back then it will likely be only for a year before he wants to become a HC.  Would it make sense to bring him back for a year and then have to look for a OC again. 

Why do other teams keep going after NE coordinators?  Every single one of them has failed and been fired as head coaches.  It seems like they never learn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?

No. The offense has changed and I'm not sure if he could change with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I have no problem with Josh returning...he was very creative on offense for the most part...just don't think he will be back though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Why wouldn't he go to Kansas where he could reunite with Cassel and Orton. Romeo gets the head coaching job, Josh o coordinator and as some in the media have suggested, the HC job in 2/3 years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?:
    [QUOTE]Why wouldn't he go to Kansas where he could reunite with Cassel and Orton. Romeo gets the head coaching job, Josh o coordinator and as some in the media have suggested, the HC job in 2/3 years. 
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Great points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Why wouldn't he go to Kansas where he could reunite with Cassel and Orton. Romeo gets the head coaching job, Josh o coordinator and as some in the media have suggested, the HC job in 2/3 years. 
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]
    It seems like this would be the way things will shake out.   Has been talked about for a few weeks now and it makes sense for all involved.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

you are exactly right- its kind of disturbing that you of all people should be the voice of reason

[QUOTE]Why would McDaniels go back to NE?  That's a step down and back career wise.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE? : Too bad you're both wrong. Explain how the St. Louis Rams role is a better job than here in NE:
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

The smart money in the league is on Mcdaniels going to KC to be the OC for Pioli until Romeo is ready to retire

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Theres no guarantee that Crenel is the HC in KC. If I had a choice between McD and Romeo I want a DC.

About the step down, some people dont want a management position. Look at Dante Scar. He seems content where he is. McDaniels had a taste of being a HC, it might not be worth the hassle to him right now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

He'll never be back i'd like to think..........and this is why: 

http://youtu.be/3vIOBUFRVkg

He's done nothing or worth since that day anyway and he's got no new ideas. Why would the patriots waste their time on someone as ungrateful as that piece of dirt. A bit of class would hardly have been to much to ask for!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE? : Think about it-if you were, say a chemist, at Merck, and Pfizer offereed you a position as a group leader, would you go back to being just a chemist at Merck after two years at Pfizer as a group leader? Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE] Yes I would if it meant rebuilding my image to take 2steps forward a few years from now. Apparently the chemist has some learning to do. He turned into a group leader before he was ready as do many. I am sure BB has some teaching to do, maybe even more so then Romeo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reported on NFL network, Brandon Loyd really likes McDaniels and would like to go where McDaniels goes.  Interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would rather stick it out with O'Brien -- though the buzz seems to indicate that might not be in the cards. 

I would not cry over his return, but my feeling is that McD's ship has sailed IMO, and the offense has changed so much, that he is almost an unproven commodity now in this system. 

The terminology might be the same, but the team has come lightyears since they used to play pitch and catch with Moss, and run five wide all the time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Reported on NFL network, Brandon Loyd really likes McDaniels and would like to go where McDaniels goes.  Interesting.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Haha, if it were a package deal with Lloyd it would be more interesting, lol. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh McDaniels to be back with NE? : Spagnoulo will be fired.  This means the new regime may not want to retain McDaniels. This means it would come down to KC or NE for two top choices. A new challenge in KC if he's wanted there, which I would bet he would be unless Crennel wants someone else/the new coach they hire wants someone else. Leaving STL and going to NE is not a step down, professor. It just depends on what McDaniels wants, assuming he's not deemed ready to be a head coach yet again.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

He is fired

25. This post has been removed.