Julian Edelman is the only WR I would keep.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Julian Edelman is the only WR I would keep.

I say the Pats should keep Edelman and cut they rest.  Amendola is beyond useless and the biggest waste of cap space I have ever seen.  The rookies have shown next to nothing.   

They should draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd and sign or trade for a real WR.  Nicks and Boldin are two that come to mind.  I don't pretent to think the Pats will pony up for Decker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Julian Edelman is the only WR I would keep.

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say the Pats should keep Edelman and cut they rest.  Amendola is beyond useless and the biggest waste of cap space I have ever seen.  The rookies have shown next to nothing.   

They should draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd and sign or trade for a real WR.  Nicks and Boldin are two that come to mind.  I don't pretent to think the Pats will pony up for Decker.

[/QUOTE]

agree but i cant see BB drafting a WR , amendola has to be cut boyce and thompkings has shown nothing yet .

i would like to sign collie too 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree but i cant see BB drafting a WR , amendola has to be cut boyce and thompkings has shown nothing yet .

i would like to sign collie too 

[/QUOTE]

Austin Collie would come cheap.  But if the Pats don't draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd, then kiss any chance of SB goodbye.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let the midgit walk and get a real WR or two.

And fire the GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Yes, let's cut all 3 rookies after not even playing a full year....wow

Must be nice being able to determine them all as "busts" so quickly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the rookies have a combined have 8tds and just under 1000 yds receiving.  That's pretty bad considering at least two of them were full time starters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

All the rookies have a combined have 8tds and just under 1000 yds receiving.  That's pretty bad considering at least two of them were full time starters.

[/QUOTE]

None of them played a full season due to injuries.

How many WRs (total in the NFL) come out of college, and make a huge impact in year one? 2-3 at best?

Declaring these 3 as busts this early is not the answer.

How about we get some better blocking? Better DBs? Pass rush?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

None of them played a full season due to injuries.

How many WRs (total in the NFL) come out of college, and make a huge impact in year one? 2-3 at best?

Declaring these 3 as busts this early is not the answer.

How about we get some better blocking? Better DBs? Pass rush?

[/QUOTE]

Pats have been trying to get better DBs and a Pass rush for years, it doesn't work.  Just get WR's for Brady, because it is the only hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats have been trying to get better DBs and a Pass rush for years, it doesn't work.  Just get WR's for Brady, because it is the only hope.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm yeah....who needs defense? Perfect!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

if dobson can stay on the field he would produce.  he's talented

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This all day. A lot of overreacting by some fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You should acquaint yourself with how the average rookie WR performs before saying stupid s hit like this.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

What bothered me this season was how KT (though you all have opinions on his ceiling) was barely used the next game after making the winning TD against the Saints.  I remember reading here that some felt BB did this to bring him down to earth, but I think that HURT the offense and KT's developement with Brady.  Same thing with "sitting" (I understood somewhat why with Ridley) but did it wiht Blount too.

It suprised me, but I am starting to agree with some others here that some of BBs discipline is too quick and hurtful to the team.  It also seemed that whenever a new player had a story/interview about them in the media, BB barely used them the next game.  Could this have just been coincidence, probably, but it kind of kept happening all season.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

My guess, Edelman is gone, they won't sign him to 5+ millions a year with Amendola contract on the book.  Or they try to low ball him and he leaves with a better offer.  The more the public is clamoring for WRs, the more BB will not do much in that department, just a hunch based on history.  Maybe get Tony Gonzales for a one year deal, or at least I hope.  With Tony and Gronk back in the middle of the season, that might be good enough for the offense along with a running game to move the ball down field, hopefully the rookies get better too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let the midgit walk and get a real WR or two.

And fire the GM.

[/QUOTE]

Get rid of a guy who had 105 receptions for 1056 yds, yeah that makes sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Too late to start from scratch again, look what it did this season.  Don't want 2 seasons in a row like this.

Can't do anything concerning Amendola, he is here to stay due to his contract being what it is.  We just have to hope he can build off of this season, remain healthy next season and hopefully produce.

Dobson and Thompkins had good learning experiences for rookies this season and hopefully it carries forward to productive seasons in the future. 

Need to find a way to keep Edelman and bring in a real quality receiver for next season.  Not sure how they do it, but it needs to be done. Top of the list item right here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dude, you're a moron. You don't cut Amendola, who had Patten kind of production here, when it's a 7 million cap hit. They just brought the guy in here!

Also, why do you keep calling Thompkins, "Thompkings"?  Stop it.

Thompkins OUTPRODUCED Deion Branch's rookie year and Givene's rookie year in 2002, but he's shown nothing?

How dumb can you be here?

You're also replying to Bustchise, a Jets troll. You agreeing with a troll makes you a troll.

[/QUOTE]

So, once again you make no mention of "Rogie's NFL" unless you're a) bashing Brady's stats or b) defending putrid defense.

When defending a BB acquisition, of course the new passing rules don't matter! Undecided

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd cut Thomkins and keep the other two with Dobson being the only real lock to make it. Do you really want to bring all 3 back as your top WR's and risk seeing Groundhog Day next year?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rooks take time to develop, esp at the WR position. None come right out of the gate as probowlers at the WR position (Patterson got in as a returner).

Dobson is very inconsistent but showed flashes of #2 with upsided of a lower #1 type WR. Boyce is still very unknown but has great cutting abiltiy, need to give him time. Thompkins I think has hit his ceiling for what he is, but he's a UDFA so not a big surprise there. The question is why we didn't have another solid vet in with that crowd? I'd be highly disappointed if they go back into next season with the same crew. They need 1 RZ threat durable vet receiver. Not a slot guy but someone to work outside the numbers and has size to him to be a RZ threat.

Amendola we are stuck with, and I'm tired of hearing people saying well he was hurt all year. Guess what that what he is because that's how he's been his entire career! He has 5 years under his belt and he's always hurt and what he gave this year is about his average for his career. He is an average #3 type WR that we spent more than we should have out of spite. No other team was even rumored to come close to the Pats offer not even the Rams so spite makes the only logical reason to give someone with his career that much money and this one came back to bite BB in the butt and will again when they talk with Edelman to resign him too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If Dobson can stay healthy he would be a very good receiver. I feel like Collie, Boyce, Amendola, and Edleman are all cut from the same cloth. They are not real down field receivers. I would try to add another reciever to go down field in addition to what they are already bringing back. Also another TE would could catch and play a little HBack would be nice.