Julian Edelman is the only WR I would keep.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Julian Edelman is the only WR I would keep.

Dennards DWI is going to get him suspended as it brings in the entire history now----...2-4 games....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say the Pats should keep Edelman and cut they rest.  Amendola is beyond useless and the biggest waste of cap space I have ever seen.  The rookies have shown next to nothing.   

They should draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd and sign or trade for a real WR.  Nicks and Boldin are two that come to mind.  I don't pretent to think the Pats will pony up for Decker.

[/QUOTE]

REALLLLLLLY? You name yourself "footballexpert?! REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY? 

1. Amendola caught something like 50 passes. That is not a total bust. You can argue it is not worth the money but your hyperboli is just that... especially when you consider the next point...

2. THe rookies, all being injured for multiple games, produced more in a system that requires much more than atheleticism than most rookies produce. Especially Thompkins and Dobson. To jetison them after they showed somne talent is the height of stupidty, especially considering your self proclaimed monicker. Get REALLLLLLLLL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tanbass's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, let's cut all 3 rookies after not even playing a full year....wow

Must be nice being able to determine them all as "busts" so quickly.

[/QUOTE]

I'd cut Thomkins and keep the other two with Dobson being the only real lock to make it. Do you really want to bring all 3 back as your top WR's and risk seeing Groundhog Day next year?

[/QUOTE]

WHy in the world would you cut Thompkins rather than let him compete in preseason for a spot? It seems self defeating. Truly. I see no reason at all to throw him away. Let him compete. He showed some talent as a WR. He does not get a free ride... but then nobody should. ANd there is no reason I can see to cut the guy. FOOLISH.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would fully expect the rookies to be better next season. And we need them to as we need their rookie money contracts to pan out as good values.

Amendola will be back next season, he's worthy of a second year. Sometimes a groin injury takes a full year to heal. Now if he's more of the same next year then he's going to then wear the bad deal label.

I love Endelman.....but not enough to pay him top WR $. I think we find another Endelman and put the money to the D.

We need at least 5 starters on D so the draft and FA needs to be a home run this year.

[/QUOTE]

what?

need at least 5 starters on defense?

Nink, Kelly, Armstead, Vince **, Jones-All under contract

Hightower, Mayo, Collins-All under contract

Dennerd, Gregory, McCourty, Harmon, Ryan, Arrington-all under contract

resign Talib. Re negotiate Vince. Draft a DT in one of the first three rounds. Sign Fletcher.

That is a top 10 defense if healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Strange to see such a rational post from you.

The team is essentially built with some key decisions at WR, CB and C/G, moving forward.

Vince needs to take something down, Mankins too.

[/QUOTE]

Again..too many assumptions..

Armstead??? really

Kelly, he looked OK at best prior to his injury

Wilfork, on the wrong side of the curve.

Talib is gone

Gregory and McCourty are not getting you a 4th ring. Our middle is softer than my gut.

Dennard is going to be suspended...

In a passing league if you can't rush the passer that dog ain't ever gonna hunt.

Arrington.....oh dear.....

[/QUOTE]

1.) Don't know why you're bashing Armstead...

2.) Kelly looked more than okay, he looked great.

3.) Yes, that's why you don't give him a big contract or any guaranteed money.

4.) We'll see.

5.) McCourty is a FS, not a SS. Not his job to bring the boom, Harmon brings it.

6.) Nope, Dennard's crime came before he was in the NFL. Can't suspend him for that.

7.) Jones and even Nink-o-Dink are fine, the interior rushers are the ones that need to step their game up.

8.) Arrington is, and always has been, a joke.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Welker's 4 cacthes and 38 yards is that good. Arrington played well on Sunday. Dennard was over-matched with Demarius Thomas. Too much range.  

Dennard's DUI was as an NFL player, but it was dismissed, so that is correct.

No suspension.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't Dennard on trouble for his assualt case? Was that already settled?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Offensive line.  Defensive line.  All the rest of the positions on the team will look 150% better with better line play on both sides of the ball.

Connolly and Wendell should both be backups; either is fine as a spot starter, but the 2 of them right next to each other regularly is a huge hole of undersize linemen who get overpowered regularly.  Vollmer seems to be an injury risk.  Solder and Mankins should be our 2 best O-linemen, but they were solely responsible for the 2 most damaging plays on offense on Sunday: the 2 sacks.  Both were absolutely cover-your-eyes embarassing plays, where they barely got a finger on the rusher.  The unit as a whole is terribly uneven in run blocking.

We all saw what happened to the defense when Wilfork and Kelly went down.  They went from a top 10 caliber unit to one that couldn't stop the run or get after the passer.  I'm not sure people fully appreciate what Wilfork is to this team.  Read this excellent article to understand how Big Vince is uniquely talented enough to allow the Pats to run a hybrid 4-3/3-4.  It's fascinating for anybody who loves the X's and O's of the game, and demonstrates why it's going to be so near impossible to replace him in the middle.  If you want to, you need to draft his replacement/backup NOW, and probably in the first round.

I would not be at all disappointed if the Pats use their first 4 picks on the lines, and pickup some camp competition in free agency as well.  They need both talent and depth; every other position on the team is a secondary concern to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Dobson can stay healthy he would be a very good receiver. I feel like Collie, Boyce, Amendola, and Edleman are all cut from the same cloth. They are not real down field receivers. I would try to add another reciever to go down field in addition to what they are already bringing back. Also another TE would could catch and play a little HBack would be nice. 

[/QUOTE]

THread after thread I am reading so many CRAZY comments. You dont have to like Boyce and he showed less than the other two rookies so far. But cut from the same clothe as the others you name? What are you drinking/thinking/dreaming? Boyce has some real speed. Fastest WR of the top 5 receivers. Legit deep sped. Maybe not all world speed but legit speed. Being fixated on his height shows how little consideration you put into a players actual skill set(s). 

I do apologize for having fired off SEVERAL sharp criticisms of several posters on the board over the last few days but there are so many simple minded/short-sighted/just plain misguided comments/assessments that one needs to get folks to stop and think a little/a lot/at all.... before posting....

PS - can anyone tell me why in the world the word "sh0 rt" is illegal here? Are the powers that be that rediculous?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would fully expect the rookies to be better next season. And we need them to as we need their rookie money contracts to pan out as good values.

Amendola will be back next season, he's worthy of a second year. Sometimes a groin injury takes a full year to heal. Now if he's more of the same next year then he's going to then wear the bad deal label.

I love Endelman.....but not enough to pay him top WR $. I think we find another Endelman and put the money to the D.

We need at least 5 starters on D so the draft and FA needs to be a home run this year.

[/QUOTE]

what?

resign Talib. Re negotiate Vince. Draft a DT in one of the first three rounds. Sign Fletcher.

[/QUOTE]

The team is essentially built with some key decisions at WR, CB and C/G, moving forward.

[/QUOTE]

Armstead??? really

Talib is gone

Gregory and McCourty are not getting you a 4th ring. Our middle is softer than my gut.

In a passing league if you can't rush the passer that dog ain't ever gonna hunt.

[/QUOTE]

4.) We'll see.

5.) McCourty is a FS, not a SS. Not his job to bring the boom, Harmon brings it.

6.) Nope, Dennard's crime came before he was in the NFL. Can't suspend him for that.

7.) Jones and even Nink-o-Dink are fine, the interior rushers are the ones that need to step their game up.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Welker's 4 cacthes and 38 yards is that good. Arrington played well on Sunday. Dennard was over-matched with Demarius Thomas. Too much range.  

No suspension.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His DWI arrest violated his probation. He pled no contest to a breath test charge and had the DWI dropped...he is reporting to jail March 1st. I wonder if Goodell will now claim a look back right and suspend him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Offensive line.  Defensive line.  All the rest of the positions on the team will look 150% better with better line play on both sides of the ball.

Connolly and Wendell should both be backups; either is fine as a spot starter, but the 2 of them right next to each other regularly is a huge hole of undersize linemen who get overpowered regularly.  Vollmer seems to be an injury risk.  Solder and Mankins should be our 2 best O-linemen, but they were solely responsible for the 2 most damaging plays on offense on Sunday: the 2 sacks.  Both were absolutely cover-your-eyes embarassing plays, where they barely got a finger on the rusher.  The unit as a whole is terribly uneven in run blocking.

We all saw what happened to the defense when Wilfork and Kelly went down.  They went from a top 10 caliber unit to one that couldn't stop the run or get after the passer.  I'm not sure people fully appreciate what Wilfork is to this team.  Read this excellent article to understand how Big Vince is uniquely talented enough to allow the Pats to run a hybrid 4-3/3-4.  It's fascinating for anybody who loves the X's and O's of the game, and demonstrates why it's going to be so near impossible to replace him in the middle.  If you want to, you need to draft his replacement/backup NOW, and probably in the first round.

I would not be at all disappointed if the Pats use their first 4 picks on the lines, and pickup some camp competition in free agency as well.  They need both talent and depth; every other position on the team is a secondary concern to me.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with every you said. ANd these last few days it seems hard to find too many sane people posting. I would add that (1) Vollmer still plays like our best OT when he is healthy and (2) Vinny is getting old and we need to not only have depth there but a future lined up there and (3) TE, even if it is "just" a second option, must be brought in... and the second option needs to be solid enough to be a first option in case Gronk is out again come playoffs. We cannot afford to go into the playoffs without at least a sound TE (blocking AND receiving wise)... 

So I would include TE in the mix of FA and our higher draft picks. And though I think C is the MOST needed to be upgraded if you have a stud RG or DT or even DE available go with the stud over a simple upgrade and look to upgrade in later rounds (or if the stud is aquired in FA so much the better though I do not expect a stud via FA... just some reasonable talent)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS - can anyone tell me why in the world the word "sh0 rt" is illegal here? Are the powers that be that rediculous? 

[/QUOTE]

I think their filter is set up so that any word that starts with "s" and "h" and ends with "t" is filtered; there are lots of creative ways people can try to circumvent a filter, and that word is probably one of the most common to try.  It is kind of silly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Armstead??? really

Talib is gone

[/QUOTE]

4.) We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

No suspension.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His DWI arrest violated his probation. He pled no contest to a breath test charge and had the DWI dropped...he is reporting to jail March 1st. I wonder if Goodell will now claim a look back right and suspend him...

[/QUOTE]

With no conviction, there is no violation. All it will show on the record is that suspicion of DUI prompted the arrest, but that would make the violation of the probation, moot.

In fact, I would be surrpised if he goes to jail.  It will be more community service this offseason and the judge will call it good.

Let's face it, both charges came off trumped up anyway.  Although knowing Goodell's anti-Pats bias and arbitrary tactics, anything is possible.

[/QUOTE]

He's going to jail for the assault conviction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I say the Pats should keep Edelman and cut they rest.  Amendola is beyond useless and the biggest waste of cap space I have ever seen.  The rookies have shown next to nothing.   

They should draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd and sign or trade for a real WR.  Nicks and Boldin are two that come to mind.  I don't pretent to think the Pats will pony up for Decker.

[/QUOTE]

agree but i cant see BB drafting a WR , amendola has to be cut boyce and thompkings has shown nothing yet .

i would like to sign collie too 

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're a moron. You don't cut Amendola, who had Patten kind of production here, when it's a 7 million cap hit. They just brought the guy in here!

Also, why do you keep calling Thompkins, "Thompkings"?  Stop it.

Thompkins OUTPRODUCED Deion Branch's rookie year and Givene's rookie year in 2002, but he's shown nothing?

How dumb can you be here?

You're also replying to Bustchise, a Jets troll. You agreeing with a troll makes you a troll.

[/QUOTE]

So what exactly are you saying, dumb dumb?

Are you saying Amendola did better than Patten? Are you saying Thompkins is better than Branch? If not then don't throw stupid stats out ther like they mean something...they don't. Only a moron would think Thompkins is better than Branch....same thing with Amendola over Patten. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WR wasn't the problem against the Broncos, no need to destroy something in year two of a rebulding project.

As much as I don't like Thompkins, he was still a rookie learning how to play the game. They'll all get better as they develop chemistry with Tom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Just food for thought...did anyone else catch that the pats signed almost all of their PS guys?  3 of them are 300+ OL guys...think BB is already getting ready to beef up the OL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

Just food for thought...did anyone else catch that the pats signed almost all of their PS guys?  3 of them are 300+ OL guys...think BB is already getting ready to beef up the OL.

I hope so.  Wendell is not the answer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree but i cant see BB drafting a WR , amendola has to be cut boyce and thompkings has shown nothing yet .

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're a moron. You don't cut Amendola, who had Patten kind of production here, when it's a 7 million cap hit. They just brought the guy in here!

Thompkins OUTPRODUCED Deion Branch's rookie year and Givene's rookie year in 2002, but he's shown nothing?

You're also replying to Bustchise, a Jets troll. You agreeing with a troll makes you a troll.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Amendola did better than Patten? Are you saying Thompkins is better than Branch? If not then don't throw stupid stats out ther like they mean something...they don't. Only a moron would think Thompkins is better than Branch....same thing with Amendola over Patten. 

[/QUOTE]

Edelman = Branch and Dobson > Patten and every WR not named Moss and Welker Brady's played with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You keep all these WRs and Add a Tier 1/2 deep threat and a TE.

The one thing the Pats must do is assume Gronk misses the whole season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dobson and Boyce are both deepthreats, we don't really need another one. As far as TEs goes, I agree, we do need another TE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dobson and Boyce are both deepthreats, we don't really need another one. As far as TEs goes, I agree, we do need another TE.

[/QUOTE]

I think you bring in the veteran sure thing deep threat.  If Boyce or Dobson develop, bonus.  But I am not impressed with their play as rookies.

You have to start the season with a Veteran, big WR who can run deep.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman = Branch and Dobson > Patten and every WR not named Moss and Welker Brady's played with.

[/QUOTE]

Is this a projection going forward with Dobson? I'm assuming it is. I was talking about right now - right now Dobson is not better than Patten, or Givens, or Troy Brown, or even Llyod. Do I think he'll be better than all of those? Maybe (although Brown was pretty damn good).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I would too, but I'd give Collie a chance in traning camp. Trade Amendola. Draft kelvin benjamin, and let Dobson  and boyce fight for #5, and sign a decent FA for #2 or #3

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WHy in the world would you cut Thompkins rather than let him compete in preseason for a spot? It seems self defeating. Truly. I see no reason at all to throw him away. Let him compete. He showed some talent as a WR. He does not get a free ride... but then nobody should. ANd there is no reason I can see to cut the guy. FOOLISH.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see much potential with him. I'm fine with letting him compete for the 4th WR spot but do you honestly want to see this guy anywhere near the starting lineup again? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what?

[/QUOTE]

Who is this and what did you do with Rkarp? ...but thank you I have no idea what that dude is talking about.