Julian Edelman sounds like financial advisor. He needs a football nickname

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Re: Julian Edelman sounds like financial advisor. He needs a football nickname

I've asked my family about nicknames and they have helped me come up with a few. I also found an interview of him when he was playing a @ kent state and he said a couple of nicknames that his friends and teammates call him.

1.) Squirt: I could definitely see some one like Brady calling him this.

2.) Heaven Eleven

3.) Flash: after the Kent State Flashers

Here are the nicknames his friends gave him:

1.) Babyface J.

2.) Jewelz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

1) The Kosher Kid

2) The Cheap-Chainmover

3) The Won't-Pay-Retail Wideout

Julian Edelman : " This one goes up to 11 "
     ( Spinal Tap )

PS -I kid because I love

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Hey ipats ...

I like that !

What do ya say everybody ?

Let's give this deserving kid a nickname this weekend &  get some momentum going behind ...

SNAKE EYES EDELMAN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

PEDDLEMAN
                        OR

METTLEMAN
                         OR
                 MIDDLEMAN

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Wes Welker sounds like a traveling salesman, why don't we just leave the 'disguise'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman sounds like financial advisor. He needs a football nickname:
    [QUOTE]"Fast Eddy".
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

VOTE!

I will admit, there is a "fast eddy's" pawn shop in CT...seems like a sleazy name for a pawn shop "Come to fast eddy, where we'll rip you off"...but that translates into footballium quite well, "Cover fast eddy, or he'll rip one off!".

Middleman was also a good suggestion.

"Justin Middleman"...Criqui'll love it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I like Fast Eddie. Snake Eyes is also pretty cool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

I checked on Wikipedia and nobody of importance has really laid claim to "Baby Faced Assassin"....how about it?

Or we could get real corny and go with "The Podiatrist"...in reference to all the broken ankles and feet left in his wake. Lemme know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I'm going to call him........   Edelman.  Too many nicknames.  Brady is brady, moss is moss, Fork is only fork because it is in his name, Spikes name is a nickname already, "that guy just got Spikes'd!" I do call Faulk "Little Kevin Faulk" and Welker "Little Wes Welker"  because at some point some analyst was going on on and on about how small Faulk was and how he wouldn't be anything other than a pass catching 3rd down back, unable to pick up blitzes, and same sort of thing later about Welker.  Its a bit of a family joke for me.  "There goes Little Kevin Faulk up the gut, bounces off one, shakes two, gets 15!"  But he reminds me of what happens when you get static shocked by a doorknob.  Spark jumps off and bites you faster than anything, and you are left there kind of like staring at it for a second saying "damn!".  Or when you grab a spark plug wire the wrong way, and a much more powerful spark grabs your arm and you say much more than "damn".  He's like that, no rumble or boom like lightning has, just "zap!"  and you are left staring wondering "w-t-f?!?!!?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I thought Justin Beiber was in a Pats uniform thursday night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Julian Edelman sounds like financial advisor. He needs a football nickname:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julian Edelman sounds like financial advisor. He needs a football nickname : "the jewish avenger" or 'deli run".  is edelmann  jewish or not? edelmann is a german name anyway, but for some reason anyone named edelmann in this country seems to be jewish.   
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]
    I'm not  sure but considering that he can play football, I would guess not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In financial news, BenJarvus Green Ellis has acquired Julian Edelman.  The new firm, BenJarvus Green Ellis Julian Edelman, will be able to perform full service financial processing for its clients from tax forms straight through to jail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

How about Jed the Jett?

or

Julian Pullian Touchdowns

or

Something simple like Julian "Throttle" Edelman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Edel-Man.

Accelerates faster than a bullet from a gun.  More versatile than a Swiss Army Knife (and makes cuts better too).

Look, out in the flats!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's --

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Some cool suggestions here but get away from the comparison theme. Julian is a man in his own right. He is NOT Wes Welker.

Wes is his own individual with his own accomplishments.

Julian is his own person with his own talents.

Similaraties maybe but to put things like welkerman and stuff using Wes name and all is wrong. That is a discredit to Welker.

That said I like JED.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

SLOT MACHINE part deux

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say "shifty" but that might be a racial slur in his case.
    Posted by ebuddha[/QUOTE]

Don't worry..Edelman is not Jewish. He has some Jewish Ancestory but was raised a Christian so it's not a slur.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]In financial news, BenJarvus Green Ellis has acquired Julian Edelman.  The new firm, BenJarvus Green Ellis Julian Edelman, will be able to perform full service financial processing for its clients from tax forms straight through to jail.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Ok, THIS IS FUNNY

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

How about "Sparkles, the magical touchdown pony"