Julian Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Julian Edelman

I was a huge fan of his last year when My family and i went to training camp last year. He showed a lot potential. He has not let up at all. Last year he played really good and was the only player who didn't lay down during the Ravens game. It looks like he has bulked up for this season, which is great considering that he is probably going to take the huge hits that Welker takes. But the real story is this guys speed. He is very fast and he proved that he has stepped up his game the way he played last night. It was his time to shine last night. His ability to pick up the amount of speed he was able to after each cut and juke was incredible. Not to mention i loved his soccer spin moves he did on the field. He is the real deal. I think the way he played last night should give the Pats and their fans  a surge of confidence and reality that we don't need to rush Wes back too soon and we can win with out him. I love this kids cockiness  after he makes a big play. The one thing i don't like is the media making him talk about Wes every second.

What do you guys think about Edelman?

If i had 2 give him nickname it would be Bolt. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Re: Julian Edelman

I think last night spoke for itself. He embarrassed and undressed the class of the league. Expect to see more...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I saw Troy Brown on the telly last night and he said that Welker and Edelman could be on the field at the same time and not to jump to conclusions about both being locked in at the slot.  I do remember not so long ago when Patten, Brown and Branch were all highly productive undersized receivers.  Givens was their biggest receiver at 6'0".  So I'll listen to Troy Brown, who knows more about this than any of us.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

He's not Welker, but eventually he might be better he is just a little quicker with a higher top end. He doesn't have Welker hands,yet, but this is only his second season playing wr ever!!!! Everytime I watch him he looks better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I saw Edelman line up at the 2nd receiver spot last night and just blow past the coverage, straight up.  He can play reciever, with welker in the slot, or play in the slot, or play running back, folks- he can throw the ball, he was a quarterback- in a sort of wildcat thingy.  Beastly.  And we know in an actual game he comes to play, so none of that "its only preseason, don't get excited" junk.  the man is good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Not surprisingly, he continues to improve and impress. As the OP states, there is no need to rush Welker back. When he does return those two on the field at the same time are going to give DCs headaches and generate alot of excitement. Hope at some point to see a Julian to Wes TD reception.
    He is not Welker Jr. He is Edelman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

This offense is going to be deadly this year. Edelman and Welker in the slot with Randy Moss and Brandon Tate on the outside. How can you stop that? Never mind what should be an upgraded TE position which will translate to a better running and passing game with better play action. If the O-line holds up and Tate plays as well as he has during training camp this offense will be great.

Edelman is just incredible. The way he can stop on a dime and make people miss is just spectacular. He also plays with passion and heart. The Pats got a great one in him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Some teams don't even have one quality slot receiver.

We have three when you count Torry Holt.