Julio Jones Out For Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Julio Jones Out For Year

If you were a Falcons fan who thought things couldn’t get much worse after Monday night’s loss to the Jets, you were wrong.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Falcons fear receiver Julio Jones will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury suffered on Monday night. Jones will get a second opinion, but the first medical opinion provided grim news

Ouch!

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Gonzo and Gronk, sign me up! ATL will probably hold out some hope they can piece it together, but their defense is a bigger problem.  

Ironic, but Gonzo would have a far better chance at a title this year if he had never left KC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Gonzo and Gronk, sign me up! ATL will probably hold out some hope they can piece it together, but their defense is a bigger problem.  

Ironic, but Gonzo would have a far better chance at a title this year if he had never left KC.

Yeah. You have to think BB will be making a call down to his buddy Tom before the deadline forr a slim price of 1.75 and maybe a 6th rd pick.

If Boldin goes for a 6th with a steeper price tag, a HOF TE who can still play, can be had for a 6th.

You use two IN-LINE TEs like a Gronk and Tony, these exciting WRs, our good RBs, and oh my.  Oh my.

Brady under Center, playaction?

Do trolls now see why cap space is vital in-season? Leverage. Thanks BB!

Muzz, I hear you on the irony of KC and the that situation with Pioli's nice drafts there, but I also wonder if KC would compete for GOnzalez.

The question there is, what would GOnzalez choose?  A return or BB and Brady and the better D?

i don't know if thats the best example, that was a bag job between the two brothers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

really?

2010  ATL=13-3. NEP=14-2

2011  ATL=10-6. NEP=13-3

2012  ATL=13-3. NEP=12-4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im sure he is ok. Most likely they want to shut him down because their season is likely over. No way they are gonna catch the saints.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB did a good job.  Great player but Dmitiroff made the mistake of thinking that team was fully built in 2011. It wasn't.   Falcons fans have to be sick. Poor Tony Gonzalez.

THose Lisfrancs can be tough. Holmes has one now at 10 mil per for the Jets and done in NY.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

Great player, who could not play last night with Roddy White, where the Jets are pretending they are "#1 ranked" on D giving up 28 points when Atlanta is without White and Jones.

bawhha

Cannot be made up. It just can't.

This is like bragging about giving up 28 points to Buffalo or something.

We could probably add Tony Gonzalez to our mix here at the deadline, if he wants it, for 1.75 million and a late rd pick.

Thoughts?

Did you just say Jones and White did not play last night?  What an idiot.  Just goes to prove my point that you don't watch football, you just dream of blowing BB.

[/QUOTE]

I am shocked he can even type and provide us with his BB worship when his blow up doll's man-wand is in his mouth

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bustchise/Uncle Rico,

I am not "obssessed with other teams".

1. Tony Gonzalez can now be had on the cheap.  We have young, promising WRs but Tony possibly wanting to remove himself from a disaster, wanting to come here for a ring, is worthy of a Pats fan discussion.

2. The media has mocked BB for suggesting to Dimitrioff to NOT trade up for a WR as he started out building the Falcons. The reason for that suggestion is likely because BB knows how many years it takes to properly build a team. It's at least 3.

So, this is vindication for BB and the ones that realize the media mocking BB all the time, have been proven wrong again.

If you have holes on your team elsewhere, even if you have star players in places, it still means your team wasn't built all the way before you traded UP.

You know, kind of like the Jets with Mark Sanchez.

b awhahhahha! Aabwahahahh!

Bustchise walking right into that one.

Stupid is as stupid says.

first off boy genius, injuries happen. They happen in spades to us. That doesn't make choosing Julio jones a bad move. When healthy, he is a game changer. I would love to trade twilson, Ras and maeriweather for jones. 

This is no way shape or form is vindication. It might be if Julio was a bust, but he is not. Injuries don't apply here. unless they are brain related like yours. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

They should do Gonzo a favor and trade him to a contender...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB did a good job.  Great player but Dmitiroff made the mistake of thinking that team was fully built in 2011. It wasn't.   Falcons fans have to be sick. Poor Tony Gonzalez.

THose Lisfrancs can be tough. Holmes has one now at 10 mil per for the Jets and done in NY.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones

Great player, who could not play last night with Roddy White, where the Jets are pretending they are "#1 ranked" on D giving up 28 points when Atlanta is without White and Jones.

bawhha

Cannot be made up. It just can't.

This is like bragging about giving up 28 points to Buffalo or something.

We could probably add Tony Gonzalez to our mix here at the deadline, if he wants it, for 1.75 million and a late rd pick.

Thoughts?

Did you just say Jones and White did not play last night?  What an idiot.  Just goes to prove my point that you don't watch football, you just dream of blowing BB.

[/QUOTE]

I am shocked he can even type and provide us with his BB worship when his blow up doll's man-wand is in his mouth

[/QUOTE]

He's quite flexible and skilled so says his parrot Gladys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Yeah. You have to think BB will be making a call down to his buddy Tom before the deadline forr a slim price of 1.75 and maybe a 6th rd pick.

If Boldin goes for a 6th with a steeper price tag, a HOF TE who can still play, can be had for a 6th.

You use two IN-LINE TEs like a Gronk and Tony, these exciting WRs, our good RBs, and oh my.  Oh my.

Brady under Center, playaction?

Muzz, I hear you on the irony of KC and the that situation with Pioli's nice drafts there, but I also wonder if KC would compete for GOnzalez.

The question there is, what would GOnzalez choose?  A return or BB and Brady and the better D?

Lol...yeah, gonzalez for a 6th. Laughable. Bb might fleece some, but he ain't getting Gonzalez for a 6th...Atlanta still has to play games and sell tickets. 

I am surprised you advocate for gonzalez. After all, it would be spoiling Brady and we can't have that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

really?

2010  ATL=13-3. NEP=14-2

2011  ATL=10-6. NEP=13-3

2012  ATL=13-3. NEP=12-4

BUt, what did they accomplish?  How are they built now? Are they built for the long term lik us?

They're 1-4, we're 4-1.

"Really" RKrap.

Oh yeah, we also, you know kinda went to a SB in 2011 and they haven't been to one. The concept here is about where you are in the teambuild. If you jump it and don't do your homework, like when contracts come off the books at once and how your drafts were (Look at who left Atlanta in the last two offseasons in the flat cap)....

Owned.

I warned and warned and warned and you thought you had a better handle on these concepts.  You, Mt Hurl, all of your ilk.

You literally have no idea who ingenius this teambuild was by BB from 2010-2012. Imagine if Brady and Welker did not meltdown in SB 46?!!

We're talking a possible 2nd dynasty here.

The way BB leverages himself as a GM up against the league is absolute genius.

[/QUOTE]

long term? the Pats have a 37 year old QB who you say sucks.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Gonzo and Gronk...  Wow, now that's a wet dream.  Sadly I think that's all it will be. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Gonzo and Gronk...  Wow, now that's a wet dream.  Sadly I think that's all it will be. 

too late for BendMeOverBill Rusty.....it's off to the bedrooom in his basement apartment for a new pair of  Geranimals

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Well, there goes my fantasy team's season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so to follow this properly:

1.  Another team's wide receiver is injured.

2.  The Pats not spending money on good wide receivers is smart.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.