Just checking this is a Pats board right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Just checking this is a Pats board right?

Wow 9 of the top ten posts are Indy related.  Did boston.com get sold to an Indy paper???  Its just funny to me because so many times when people from other cities and different team alleganices come on here, there are tons of -- "THIS IS A PATS FORUM GO TO YOUR OWN TEAM FORUM"

so umm maybe we can talk about the Pats for awhile and not the colts?  Maybe??

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Just checking this is a Pats board right?

Patsman...I said that in a post a few weeks back.  It is unbelievable the obsession that some of these guys have over the Colts.  I could careless about that team.  Its almost sickening.  I rarely ever comment in any "Colts" threads but this one is spot on.  We should be concerned with NE not any other team.  If they want to talk about Indy or any other team move it to a different section, bu this should be just for Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I couldn't agree more. Also,what's with the Tiger Woods thread? Kind of out of place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think what we're seeing is the inability for the BDC Mods to control the troll activity on this board. The Posts that you see aren't really even directed at the Colts but more so at the small number of Colts trolls that are allowed to snipe away and rip the Pats on a daily basis.What has happened is it seems to have gotten personal. I'm not sure whether the Pats fans like the battle or not but that is certainly what the trolls live for because the only reason to live on someone else's board is because you are a sadist or you love to argue. I can't remember who, but someone posted on a thread and it said "Don't feed the trolls". Those are words to live by but I do wish the Mods would do a little more and this would have been kept to a minimum.

Honestly doesn't bother me too much. I pick and choose which threads I want to post on depending on what kind of a mood I'm in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Its kind of hard to tell with idiotic trolls such as underdogg and the many faces of Leon showing up everywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 8:53 AM EST
    First: 8/24/2009
    Last: 12/29/2009
    Its kind of hard to tell with idiotic trolls such as underdogg and the many faces of Leon showing up everywhere.

Response-
    Rodimus- I've been to plenty of other forums and haven't found another that is as lenient on trolls as this one. I'm not saying that is good or bad but it is a fact. If they brought that kind of cr@p down to most of the Jets forums I've seen they'd be bounced within an hour. For that matter, if we brought our cr@p to any of the Colts forums we'd be bounced pretty quick also. Some forums don't even allow you to post anything negative about the home team and management at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So there's apparently this new troll who's been here since August ... the guy who posts ridiculous spoof threads in ALL CAPS several times a day ... started as reg122, then choircontrarian, then bubbakilla/bubbazilla.  People always feed him ... why?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

The reason the colts are such a big topic on this board has everything to do with the fact that the colts have had the pats number the last few years, and nothing else.  You wouldn't see these posts about the saints or the eagles or the cowboys, giants, chargers, steelers - none of them. 

And for the record these threads are being created by pats fans.  Not colts fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mighty- I haven't figured that one out either. But as many times as he changes his Handle you know who he is starting with post #1. I think some people don't realize that the troll is actually a troll and just think he's a dumb fan. The worst thing you can do is not reply to any of his posts but I think there is a natural lure to shout him down when you read pure idiocy.

Edit} Same thing with, "you know who". If nobody argued with him he would shrivel up and die like the wicked witch of the west.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

The complete obsession with many here about the Colts and their doings is a laugh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

So what does everyone think of Colts chances this year?Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

First: 11/23/2009
    So what does everyone think of Colts chances this year?Wink

LOL
    I don't know but I'll start a new thread to find out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

my take:  i rarely, if ever, engage in any colts banter on here.  however, the idea of them choosing not to pursue the perfect season was just a really compelling story to me.  my opinion would have been the same if some random team, say the Seahawks, took the same approach.  it just so happens that our rivals made the run which makes it more popular here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Underdogg is right about these threads are being created by Pats fans not Colts fans.

@Rodimus...you mention 2 poster as trolls...why is there 6 Colts topic on this board right now?

I understand the rivalry with the Colts but unless the Pats are playing the Colts next week there shouldnt be much to talk about.  As NE fans we should be having topics about the next opponents they face not some other team that we may not even play again this season.

When will we see a thread on Houston?  As far as Im concerned they have a great pass attack and NE has had a suspect pass defense all season.  Thats a real topic to be discussing. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Mike...IMO its no problem to talk about something like that...Thats football talk.  Im sure you can go to any NFL teams website and find fans talking about that.  But we are not talking about the undefeated season, its everything Colts around here...(media hates pats loves colts, manning is not better than brady, Indy is not the team of the decade pats are, indy has 1 SB pats have, blah, blah,blah)

We all know this, we dont have to keep running in circles about the same topic.

Here is are some good topics....

2009 AFC East Champs

Playing for a 3rd Seed

Pats are peaking at the right time of the season

NE vs. HOU....how will the defense play?

Can Brady & CO. keep the momentum going?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Mike you right. Being that it was the Colts (geldings) makes for more fodder. For me I would be writing the same thing about any team if they did what the Geldings did.....you can't blink in the face of history and wimpout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I see you're point.  I'm more annoyed by the negativity on Pats players you see on this forum after losses (trade Brady, Moss, etc.).  Basically the problem is the most compelling stories are controversial ones.  The Colts threads are from a very Patriot point of view in attacking the Colts and trying to start an argument with Underdoggg and Colt fans.  Same thing with threads like "Moss is a quitter", wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't a difference of opinion. 

Something like "Can the Pats beat the Texans" is a dry subject.  We all have the same opinion- Yes.  Now if a Texans fan came on here and said the Texans are better and Andre Johnson is better than Moss than that thread would become popular.

I come here because I can talk football and Patriots whenever I want, and I still think I can do that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

First: 12/8/2009
    I guess i am probably one of the few people on here who really didn't care if Indy went for the 19-0 or not.  If Indy wins the Super bowl will anyone care about the one loss? 

The whole think about them being cowards is way off base too in my opionion.  They were winning that game and easy game this week so not sure what there was to be afraid of? 

I mean the Pats DID go for it in 2007 and they lost the super bowl, so there isnt any guareentee one way or the the other.  I can understand a thread or two on the subject but my god it was like Indy had done the most unspeakable thing in the world.

My biggest concern is ALL teams resting people in the last game or two and how that effects teams getting into the playoffs or not.  If Cincy rests players this week, could the Jets have been given an easier way in???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Have you noticed the Sox Board e,  They don't F#ck around there.  They delete threads, people and posts at the drop of a hat (I got erased there this past summer).  I guess this Board is considered the ugly unwanted step sister.

K-Max,
    Yes I have noticed that on the Sox board. That board is full of complete A-Holes too so the mods have their work cut out for them. As far as I can tell the only guy they will censor on this board is Leon and the rest of the trolls are free to run A-muck and muddy the waters of every thread. The funny part is, I have a couple on my ignore list and I still feel the urge to stop ignoring to read an occasional post. It's like feeling that need to chew on tin foil or run your fingernails down a chalk board.

Edit}So they sensor you and leave all the trash up. Maybe Underdogg is actually one of the Mods??????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I just went back to the [Stop Benching Maroney] thread and noticed they deleted my posts.  I'm glad to see they monitor me. Sealed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@K-Max...your right its hard to tell if they are  Pats fans or not.  I think some people are just a little tired of going to the BDC Patriots discussion board and seeing that half the topics are either about the Colts or the Jets.

@Shenanagan...A topic like "Can the Pats beat the Texans" may seem to have an obvious answer, but you can say that about any team the Pats play.  I guarantee that every week the question is asked "Can the Pats beat ???" and the majority of the board will say "Yes"  so that example is pretty useless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The reason the colts are such a big topic on this board has everything to do with the fact that the colts have had the pats number the last few years, and nothing else.  You wouldn't see these posts about the saints or the eagles or the cowboys, giants, chargers, steelers - none of them.  

And for the record these threads are being created by pats fans.  Not colts fans.

Oh, puhleeeeeeese.  Every time you make one valid comment, you completely $crew it up by making an outrageous statement like the above.  Have our number?  You wish.  We post all these Colts items because of the way your team angered its own fans by essentially throwing a game.  Now, I think it is perfectly correct and ok.  I do not agree with people who use words like cowardice to describe what happened.  But you are getting to have a very troll flavor in your posts, back off or we will have to change your name to "The Underminer-  I'm always beneath you, but NOTHING is beneath ME!"  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I am against censorship. This is a place where people come to express their opinions. There are bound to be dis-agreements. I read most threads when I have the time, but respond to only a few. I treat it like television. If you don't like the program, change the channel.
     If you have a board where everyone shares the same opinion, things will get old and boring very quickly. I think this is why many fans of other teams post here. Their own team's forums won't tolerate differing opinions and they are deadly dull. A little spice goes a long way. Try making a soup with only one ingredient. Few would enjoy it.
     I welcome thoughts that differ from my own and applaud the moderators for allowing an atmosphere of controversy to flourish.
     Isn't that one of the things that makes ours such a great country?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Must have made some good points.
    No one cares to debate?