Just curious - wheres everybody from??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

Re: Just curious - wheres everybody from??

Seacoast area of NH, lifelong Pats fan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeeMS. Show LeeMS's posts

Born in Holyoke.  Home is now in Erie, Pennsylvania.  Usually don't miss the annual game in Buffalo.  Was a cold one this season, but a win is a win. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

I originally grew up in Somers, Connecticut...which was and is still, known as a somewhat rich town, where the rich little highschool pr!ck children drove Lexuses (I had a very nice busdriver).  I keep makin' failed relocations to Florida (tough with no core network of people down there at all).  Yet we ALL tend to idealize past situations such as the wonderful change of Seasons and the beautiful Fall foliage, omitting while in sunny Florida to forget that, In N.E.-that means 1 month of Spring, 2 Months of Fall, 3 Months of Summer...then Winter. 

So now I reside in a town which borders Rockville, Ct (see: singer, Gene Pitney's hometown, which for him was: "A town with no pity").  And in fact, I went to HS with his son (see: the end of Sentence 1, Paragraph 1).  Yet, I DO consider myself very, very fortunate for growing up where I did: good schooling in a quaint little secluded crimeless N.E. town (Somers has a gas-station AND a Dairy Mart too)... 

The good thing is, that my present and past locales, put me in a place where I can help out a number of people here

~tcal...like I stated, I had good public school educating (see: the thread where I can't convince Patsfan1966 the number of fingers I have on my hands)...so I'm not quite sure what planet that is which you reside on...Awfully sorry here, cause you're out of my reach here....

~Yapple...If you're still in Disneyland, hop the fence on over to Epcot Center, because after Civilization inevitably falls, The Disney conglomerate will still probably keep the parks maintained to monopolize the thinned out herd...  Personally, my plan is to shoot for temporary residency inside the Epcot Ball-It's safe, air conditioned, and rather roomy too.  Overall, it's a dream scenario I've had since age nine...so if you're there, I'll bring some organic seeds to start a potato garden in the planet earth section, we'll live like kings...

~Cybernot...Somers, as I'm sure you know, is right near Chicopee, Ma.  And so, I tend to prescribe to the overall technique you forward in your pic...deep and profound Meditation.  Think of this koan whenever you're just about to hit upon your Crown Chakra (originally stated by Lowell, Mass. and N.E. beatnik native, Jack Kerouac):  "In the Winter I'm a Buddhist, In the Summer...I'm a nud!st."  But it looks like you're actually BOTH in that pic, so you're I'm guessing you're way ahead a' the game already... 

~alcondragon...Somers, Ct. DOES in fact, have a set of Prisons (which they of course, keep far on the outskirts of town)...  And 1 of them, Is a Maximum Security Prison.  What I'm sayin' to you is...that you have options here.  If you can get a Prison transfer, I'll do my absolute best to forward you a carton of smokes.  Which, I mean just imho here, Might offer a better scenario than the precarious situation you're obviously currently in with that "Soap on a Rope" Deal.  Just somethin' to mull over... 

~Finally, To the poster who said the following: 

"Being smart spoils a lot of things doesn't it?"

~First, at least try to "Suspend your Disbelief" regarding your past experiences, and all the weight which those experiences carry wih it upon the present day...  BUT, If that fails...get some sort of enjoyable outlet for yourself.  Personally, I at least, make an attempt to write creatively...even though-As evidenced by your phrase offered above, When a person's educated and therefore, knows good vs. bad prose It makes writing tough.  It recalls to mind, the phrases: "Writers are people for whom Writing is difficult," AND/BUT it also brings to mind, "Good artists borrow, Great artists Steal."  I mean, I wish I could tell you who originally said those things...But it doesn't really matter in the end, does it?  Since I tell everyone I meet that it was from me...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Worcester,Ma

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Born in Shirley Mass.. Moved to R.I., Grew up in Atlanta, now in west burbs of Chicago (Yorkville). BOTH SIDES OF MY FAMILY ARE IN R.I. I come back quite bit.
    Love New England.. not just the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious - wheres everybody from??:
    Lynn, Mass Now in Katy, Texas
    Posted by BigPapi61

Hey, papi; ever see that bum clemens around town?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

To ALL :  So now I reside in a town which borders Rockville, Ct (see: singer, Gene Pitney's hometown, which for him was: "A town with no pity").  And in fact, I went to HS with his son (see: the end of Sentence 1, Paragraph 1).  Yet, I DO consider myself very, very fortunate for growing up where I did: good schooling in a quaint little secluded crimeless N.E. town (Somers has a gas-station AND a Dairy Mart too)...  Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

That's funny Laz; I grew up in Rockville. One of my buds was close to pitney's brother. Small world.

I've lived all over the US, most recently in NH.

I retired last years and now live in Orange county, CA, near 3 guys I met in Cub Scouts back in Rockville 50 years ago. 

I practice law part time to keep from getting too bored. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Wentworth, NH and Worcester, MA transplant now living in Lancaster PA with all the amish.  Really.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Lolz at the guy with Zappa's "Weasels ripped my flesh" cover

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Lolz at the guy with Zappa's "Weasels ripped my flesh" cover."

Ya mean, he's not partaking in the eight-fold path to attain nirvana?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

I grew up in Somerville MA.  I am currently in Iraq and my home is in Phoenix.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Seacoast area of NH, lifelong Pats fan
    Posted by DrAJA

I lived in Portsmouth and Dover in the late 70's and early 80's. There's nothing like Hampton Beach

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

CLEVELAND OHIO,  GO PATS!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

thehub- what part of VA are you from? i currently live in Manassas, Va which is about 35 minutes outside of DC but my family was originally from Woburn, Mass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Brookline MA, about 2 minutes from Fenway. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Cool reading the replies here..anyway those of you in the military thanks for the job you do for the rest of us and COME HOME SAFE!!! And GO PATS!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Waterford, CT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious - wheres everybody from?? : Centreville,VA from West Roxbury and Stoughton. Ten years and the biggest regret was giving up Pats seasons tickets. Hey hub, how 'bout som lovin for the Caps. Agree everyone else S**ks.
    Posted by PatssoxVA

Yes, the CAPS are having an awesome year. Not much of a puck fan. Everytime we play poker the games must be on....huge following in the area.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

thehub- what part of VA are you from? i currently live in Manassas, Va which is about 35 minutes outside of DC but my family was originally from Woburn, Mass.
    Posted by BelichicksDisciples7

Gainesville.....small world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

well im glad your all here, but who called this meeting? Coffee anyone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Born and raised on a large dairy farm in the Berkshires that two of my brothers still operate, now live on a small horse farm in Northern Vermontic Circle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Born and raised in Malden, Ma.  Currently living in N Richland Hills,  TX outside of Ft. Worth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Just curious - wheres everybody from?? : Fort Rucker?
    Posted by Pats7393

Yup, and it's snowing here today, nobody knows what to do, they shut post down for about 2 inches of snow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Harley--Familliar with Otis? My Mom used to own the Old Otis Inn in the Berkshires.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from packetloss. Show packetloss's posts

England, but living in Germany.