Just do it................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Just do it................

Just get it over and ship Watson and a 2nd rounder to Carolina for Peppers. Alex Smith , Baker and Thomas make Watson expendable................Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Just do it................

[QUOTE]Just get it over and ship Watson and a 2nd rounder to Carolina for Peppers. Alex Smith , Baker and Thomas make Watson expendable................Thoughts?
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

1) Peppers has not signed the tender, no trade discussion can happen between the teams.

2) What would you expect to pay Peppers with?  He wan's more than we can give him....plus we need to sign Wilfork and Seymour....

3) Carolina wants a first rounder and more......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Forget about Peppers. We have to take care of our own first, i.e., Wilfork. Besides, why would we want to make this guy the highest paid player on the team to play a brand new position? He might stink as an OLB.

BB will find a servicable OLB without breaking the bank via FA, waiver wire or a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Peppers right now is just too expensive.  the knee jerk reaction right now would be to just go ahead and trade for Peppers, but we have to remember that if the Pats put so much $$ into Peppers, they won't have any quality backups in the event of injury.  I would prefer the Pats just go ahead and pickup some vets for some low round draft picks.  I won't pretend to know what is out there, but things should open up plenty before the start of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Forget Peppers to much money. I doubt Suggs will be a problem for Ravens brass for very long (he'll sign).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Those Two 2nd rounders we picked up for next year would be plenty to give Carolina.  Tweak a few contracts, a nice signing bonus spread out over 5 or 6 years and you have a deal.

Money is not an issue.  You don't need all the money this year.  You spread it out via up front bonus then spread that over the length of the contract.  Plus the cap # increases every year.

If Management is serious about winning another Super Bowl and not just being good on the cheap, to line there pockets, they will find a way to get this done.

Just wishful thinking on my part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksola. Show jacksola's posts

I'm all for ditching stone hands, but Peppers is clearly not in the equation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Why am I the only one who sees this as a bit ridiculous - you want to give away our current STARTING TE, and a 2nd rounder for a guy who's going to cost us a lot who wants to play a position he never has played, and by paying him what he wants we'll be sending a message to Seymour and Wilfork that 1) even though you've played your hearts out for us and we never paid you well for it we'll pay a guy simply because of his name value and 2) that we will absolutely not be able to afford one, maybe both of you next year...

Peppers can go s%$# dude. We don't need him. It's too bad that we didn't grab Taylor, but I think we'll be fine. Our secondary will be a LOT better, and suddenly you'll see our pass rush be better because of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksola. Show jacksola's posts

Actually, if you had read the responses to the initial post you would realize you are not the "only one" who views the proposed deal as  "ridiculous". As far as the STARTING TE goes- he s**ks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Why am I the only one who sees this as a bit ridiculous - you want to give away our current STARTING TE, and a 2nd rounder for a guy who's going to cost us a lot who wants to play a position he never has played, and by paying him what he wants we'll be sending a message to Seymour and Wilfork that 1) even though you've played your hearts out for us and we never paid you well for it we'll pay a guy simply because of his name value and 2) that we will absolutely not be able to afford one, maybe both of you next year... Peppers can go s%$# dude. We don't need him. It's too bad that we didn't grab Taylor, but I think we'll be fine. Our secondary will be a LOT better, and suddenly you'll see our pass rush be better because of it.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Dude, you need to read more than the first post in the thread.....not 1 person agreed with him...