just imagine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

just imagine

if brace and chung both can manage to contribute. the team will be a lot better. what are the odds of that happening?
    but, i think, the years to look at are 2011 2012 and 2013.
    if brady plays to my farveoite age of 40 i predict 5 rings for him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: just imagine

I kind of think 2011-2013 will mark a return to Pats glory too.  I think we drafted well last year, and I like this year's draft about as much as I can without a down being played.  Although this year's draft class should contribute, I never expect too much from rookies.  Assuming we can nail on the 4 first 2 round picks next year, we will have loaded our roster with a lot of fresh upper round talent.  In fact, I'd have to think long and hard to think of another team that has amassed so many upper round picks over three years.

I believe we'll still be in contention this year, but 2011 will be the first year where we truly reap the fruits of our recent drafts.  We will see the benefit of having so many picks in the first couple of rounds.  In 2011 the 2009 class will be 3rd year players, and this year's class will be making the 2nd year jump.  Add to that a high first round pick from the Raiders and...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to just imagine:
    if brace and chung both can manage to contribute. the team will be a lot better. what are the odds of that happening? but, i think, the years to look at are 2011 2012 and 2013. if brady plays to my farveoite age of 40 i predict 5 rings for him
    Posted by sirpinochle

I suppose you could throw in names like Crable and Tate in there too. This is similar to the which rookie is gonna be the best/biggest contributor.
    If any of these guys are coached up and contribute - then I suppose Crable would have the biggest impact because of our problems with pass rush. Then mebbe Chung or Tate would have the second highest impact because of our secondary problems and empty slot at WR due to Welker's injury. Brace would be towards the bottom because I think our rush D is fairly good and its not like he's a cover guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Crable plays like he did in college and in that preseason game in his rookie season, the Pats are SB bound.

The Pass-rush needs him to step up. The Pats should've giving him the 55 jersey. I doubt he would bring the level of intensity that McGinest brought, but see a Willie Mac clone ought to make Peyton revert back to the unclutch bum he is. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its tough to imagine where this team will be this year because of all the question marks but if Crable can do some damage I think this team will be SB bound. 

Last year we hung with the SB contenders until they rocked the young players minds and destroyed them in the 4th. 

This season to I would say 2015 maybe even 16 is the Pats window.  I think this year is a good chance as well honestly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

Personally - I feel the Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos and Colts are the Pats main obstacles to an AFC championship in the upcoming season.  However - there is no real reason to think that the Pats will not contend for the SB - anything can happen, right?!  They have an interesting team this year.  If rookies overachieve, look out!  Brady has more weapons at his disposal and other teams' secondaries better be on their toes.  Definitely with all the draft picks garnered over this year and next - surely TB will have more rings to flash....Go Pats go!  (Canada loves the Pats - not the Gills)!!   

if brace and chung both can manage to contribute. the team will be a lot better. what are the odds of that happening? but, i think, the years to look at are 2011 2012 and 2013. if brady plays to my farveoite age of 40 i predict 5 rings for him
    Posted by sirpinochle

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: just imagine:
    Personally - I feel the Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, Broncos and Colts are the Pats main obstacles to an AFC championship in the upcoming season.  However - there is no real reason to think that the Pats will not contend for the SB - anything can happen, right?!  They have an interesting team this year.  If rookies overachieve, look out!  Brady has more weapons at his disposal and other teams' secondaries better be on their toes.  Definitely with all the draft picks garnered over this year and next - surely TB will have more rings to flash....Go Pats go!  (Canada loves the Pats - not the Gills)!!    In Response to just imagine :
    Posted by canpatfan

Really? Did you just copy the teams the Pats lost to last year and decide that they stand a chance against us next year? The Colts, as always, will be there to stand in the way of the Patriots, the Ravens, Jets, and Phins will not be. 

Sorry, but Baltimore only beat the Pats because they played inspired Football. They felt as if they had an axe to grind. The Phins on the other hand, they barely beat us when they beat us. They only won that match because of the lack of pass-rush from the Patriots. This defense may not have added a big name Free Agent, but they got better by subtraction. Adalius didn't bring any effort to the table last year. The Pats played, essentially, with 10 men on defense. And when you factor in Wilhite, OMG! The Pats played with nine. 

The Jets beat the Pats last year with Blitzing and running the ball. Their OL is weaker than it was last year. Their defense got better, way better, but I can't see them actually taking the Patriots down. We still have Brady and Belichick. Those two still have rings to win. 

Now, The team that makes me question your judgement is the Broncos. Seriously? An 8-8 team that barely beat the Patriots when they had one of the best WRs in Football is going to beat the Pats now that they traded everyone valuable away? Is this because of Tebow? If it is, Kyle Orton is the starting QB for the Broncos and he will be until they draft a real QB. Tebow won't ever see the field as a QB. That was McDaniel's nail in the coffin. He'll be fired soon. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think Brace will change peoples minds in the next two seasons. Maybe I am wrong but I think he has it in him to develop into a solid NFL linemen. And Chung just needs to work on his coverage skills and his play recognition.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009
    MVP by his own addmission he was playing like he was a freshman in college again. He never got on the field of play and when he did he failed to capitalize on the oppurtunity! He also isn't a NT,he will be given a shot at playing one of the DE positions and he had better come hard because unlike last year the Patriots have planty of competition for that DL spot on hand. So if Brace doesn't bring his A game from jump street he will be on the street looking for work. This is the season where BB is taking control of the team again,no more OC's or DC's just plain old position coaches and BB as the OC/DC. No more blowing smoke up someones posterior in an effort to attain playing time,earn it or be gone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Posted by sirpinochle

If Wheatley, Wilhite, and Crable can contribute this team would even be better than a whole lot better. What are the odds of that happening, amigo?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: just imagine : Really? Did you just copy the teams the Pats lost to last year and decide that they stand a chance against us next year? The Colts, as always, will be there to stand in the way of the Patriots, the Ravens, Jets, and Phins will not be.  Sorry, but Baltimore only beat the Pats because they played inspired Football. They felt as if they had an axe to grind. The Phins on the other hand, they barely beat us when they beat us. They only won that match because of the lack of pass-rush from the Patriots. This defense may not have added a big name Free Agent, but they got better by subtraction. Adalius didn't bring any effort to the table last year. The Pats played, essentially, with 10 men on defense. And when you factor in Wilhite, OMG! The Pats played with nine.  The Jets beat the Pats last year with Blitzing and running the ball. Their OL is weaker than it was last year. Their defense got better, way better, but I can't see them actually taking the Patriots down. We still have Brady and Belichick. Those two still have rings to win.  Now, The team that makes me question your judgement is the Broncos. Seriously? An 8-8 team that barely beat the Patriots when they had one of the best WRs in Football is going to beat the Pats now that they traded everyone valuable away? Is this because of Tebow? If it is, Kyle Orton is the starting QB for the Broncos and he will be until they draft a real QB. Tebow won't ever see the field as a QB. That was McDaniel's nail in the coffin. He'll be fired soon. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

. Losing to Baltimore was a tactical decision. The Pats didn't have the firepower to go deep in the playoffs. So why screw yourself out of draft picks? Right or wrong, there is no f#$%ing way the Ravens punish us like that in a playoff game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Yea they threw the game....moron.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Ohh name calling, I'm impressed. That was strong killa. Maybe I shouldn't think that it is possible the Patriots simply laid down, but that certainly wasn't the team I had been watching all year. BTW, I was at the Houston game, and they laid down on that one too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Look, I love the Patriots just as much as you MVP. Loosing leadership, guys like Harrison, Vrabel, Tedy, and Seymore had an effect on the heart of the team. Why do you think the focus of the offseason was to get new young leaders? I won't change my stance that from the 4th quarter of the Houston game, the Patriots just simply mailed it in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

This is the season where BB is taking control of the team again,no more OC's or DC's just plain old position coaches and BB as the OC/DC. No more blowing smoke up someones posterior in an effort to attain playing time,earn it or be gone!
    Posted by sportsbozo1

So BB didn't have control of the team last year?  Who earned playing time by blowing smoke last year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They certainly didn't throw the Ravens game. Just ask Robert Kraft. The guy is losing sleep over it, and mentions it several times when asked about it. The pats were just outplayed in every regard that day. Just accept it. It happened. I'm sure they've taken several steps to make sure it doesn't happen again this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

I hope that's true Rockdog. Seven dollar beers and that stinkfest in Houston still leaves me pissed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: just imagine : . Losing to Baltimore was a tactical decision. The Pats didn't have the firepower to go deep in the playoffs. So why screw yourself out of draft picks? Right or wrong, there is no f#$%ing way the Ravens punish us like that in a playoff game.
    Posted by BigPapi61

Wait Papi - Are you suggesting the pats intentionally folded? 

After 6 months of listening to this board hound me for the colts choosing to rest starters in order to prepare for a playoff run, you are suggesting that the pats did something even worse - tanked a playoff game.  Really?  Wow!

I cannot think of anything worse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

In Response to Re: just imagine : Wait Papi - Are you suggesting the pats intentionally folded?  After 6 months of listening to this board hound me for the colts choosing to rest starters in order to prepare for a playoff run, you are suggesting that BTW Hoe much damage did your tank job cause?the pats did something even worse - tanked a playoff game.  Really?  Wow! I cannot think of anything worse.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Well well, if this isn't' the pot calling the kettle black. Who was your farking quarterback for the 4th quarter against the Jests? Are you serious? I had an idea you were dumb, let's go ahead and include stupid. You either play or, you don't. Your Colt's , Jets game was just as pitiful as the Ravens, Patriot game. BTW, how much damage did your lay down cause?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: just imagine : Wait Papi - Are you suggesting the pats intentionally folded?  After 6 months of listening to this board hound me for the colts choosing to rest starters in order to prepare for a playoff run, you are suggesting that the pats did something even worse - tanked a playoff game.  Really?  Wow! I cannot think of anything worse.
    Posted by underdoggggg

LOL. dog, It's kind of hard not to hound you about the Colts since you're one of the few Colts fans who visits this board on a consistent basis Laughing

Tanking games isn't new to sports. It's been around since gambling. So, when a draft choice or seeding is at stake - do teams tank on purpose? yep.

I've been saying this about the Detroit Lions for years.....not that it's helped them so far.