Just me...or is this board dying?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Just me...or is this board dying?

Seems there are fewer posts, and fewer posters than before. Here we are in the midst of the season...nad to be honest...not a whole lot of chatter going around. Not one single mention of Andrew Luck and the Colts being the next opponent, now only 4 days away.

It used to be the first page would hold threads for about 1-2 hours before they got bumped to page 2 if nobody commented. Now? There's only 7 threads with any comments in the past hour, and thread witht he last post "1 day ago" still find themselves on page 1. Now, I THINK that the first page shows more threads than before, but there seems to be a lot less activity lately. Seems maybe 10 of us post regularly, and a few more sporadically.

I hope I'm wrong, I enjoy the banter and insight I get from other fans. It's far more enjoyable that anything printed that people get paid to write, or most of the things I see on TV and hear on the radio.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Just me...or is this board dying?

Not one single mention of Andrew Luck and the Colts being the next opponent, now only 4 days away

That's because it's Kolb and the Cardinals who are 4 days away.

amyway I do get your point--maybe it's the new format and the fact that we have to log in everytime we go to this page.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems there are fewer posts, and fewer posters than before. Here we are in the midst of the season...nad to be honest...not a whole lot of chatter going around. Not one single mention of Andrew Luck and the Colts being the next opponent, now only 4 days away.

It used to be the first page would hold threads for about 1-2 hours before they got bumped to page 2 if nobody commented. Now? There's only 7 threads with any comments in the past hour, and thread witht he last post "1 day ago" still find themselves on page 1. Now, I THINK that the first page shows more threads than before, but there seems to be a lot less activity lately. Seems maybe 10 of us post regularly, and a few more sporadically.

I hope I'm wrong, I enjoy the banter and insight I get from other fans. It's far more enjoyable that anything printed that people get paid to write, or most of the things I see on TV and hear on the radio.

[/QUOTE]

You ARE wrong...  Patriots play Arizona not Indianapolis  this week. But since you enjoy banter, I think the line on this game (NE -13.5) is crazy. Cards are 8-2 in last 10 including wins over SF, DAL, PHI... hmmm....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It might be a combination of a number of things

1) they're playing the Cards next week (not Colts) so talk about a boring game. Ari has no QB, not much of a D, and the only thing they have going for them is Fitz really

2) This board got worse during the switch over. No edit, pic posting, no spell check, horrible quoting system, random words you can't use/say, no table addition, no colors. It reminds me of the boards of the mid 90's honestly

3) During the switch over a lot of people just got fed up with the system and boston.com as a whole. I think we all understand they are losing money but the constant nickel and dime'ing to even read articles is not favorable to most people

Things should pick up when we play divisional oppenents but if they issues with #2 and #3 keep going we'll all be looking for a new forum

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Not one single mention of Andrew Luck and the Colts being the next opponent, now only 4 days away

amyway I do get your point--maybe it's the new format and the fact that we have to log in everytime we go to this page.

Hi Gamer! I was surprised to see that you didn't comment on my report card thread...LOL!!

I too have noticed that the posting activity here is drying up. This horrible new system, which seemingly is taking the Mods forever to get the bugs out, is the reason. After losing my lengthy threads on NFL Picks for Week One and my Report Card twice due to computer lock-ups (which had never previously occurred under the old system), I almost walked away out of frustration. I may do so yet...as I'm contemplating starting my own blog. But, too busy to get that rolling right now.

Is the Globe serious? They now want you to pay to read their articles?? Thank you...no. I prefer to write my own articles...LOL!!

Have a great day, Gamer!  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with all of the above. The board is dying. Only a few of us left to talk Pats football, and we are all probably growing tired of each other. I don't know why they waited until right before the season to screw the format up?

Btw, I still get logged out. I thought it was fixed but no....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I don't sense much enthusiasm from this board for a team that deserves an over-the-top enthusiastic fan base. Maybe it's time to switch to a more animated message board. Suggestions?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It's the calm before the storm.......lol.

There's little to complain about - and I think peeps are tired of reading about the same off-season topics since last season ended.

All bets are off when something legit doesn't pan out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Lets pack up and leave for somewhere else....its too user unfriendly. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

When/if the bugs get worked out, people will gradually come back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

too many times posting opinions only to have the threads taken over by the likes of Rusty. I have no desire to read his arguements about the same drivel...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It used to be easy to get rid of the annoying posters with a simple click on "ignore"....why that is gone I'll never know.

Add to that the fact that I have to log in every single time, and today I couldn't even get in for several hours....everytime I clicked on discussions, it would freeze....really bad.

Hope they fix it....or yes...most will give up. Too bad....some good info here that makes the Boston media look like rookies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It used to be easy to get rid of the annoying posters with a simple click on "ignore"....why that is gone I'll never know.

Add to that the fact that I have to log in every single time, and today I couldn't even get in for several hours....everytime I clicked on discussions, it would freeze....really bad.

Hope they fix it....or yes...most will give up. Too bad....some good info here that makes the Boston media look like rookies.

[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

too many times posting opinions only to have the threads taken over by the likes of Rusty. I have no desire to read his arguements about the same drivel...

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

There is no contraversey going on.   Balanced offense, improved defense, solid special teams.   Ho hum.  

Nice draft.

Trolls have nothing to say.  

Biggest argument last Sunday:  Was an incomplete pass on the QB or the reciever.

Did the back up refs cost anybody a game?  Somethin'?

Somebody say something stupid!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me.

[/QUOTE]

Same for me, numerous attempts to log in but system fails to respond.Through the years, I used not comment near as much as I read (nearly all), but it forms part of my Patriot Football season. The new set up as is bothersome to deal with, but having said that, it and all its posters have been part of my Patriots season for too many years to not stay in touch.

Njoy the season Pats Fans

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Conspiracy theorists might be tempted to say that Boston.com WANTS this board to die . . .

No denying that the board is fast becomming a shell of it's former self .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Conspiracy theorists might be tempted to say that Boston.com WANTS this board to die . . .

[/QUOTE]

It would be better if Dottie would take the time to fill us in that steps are being taken to set things right, here...and give us at least a ball-park time table. Otherwise, it appears that they just don't care.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Hi Gamer! I was surprised to see that you didn't comment on my report card thread...LOL!!

I too have noticed that the posting activity here is drying up. This horrible new system, which seemingly is taking the Mods forever to get the bugs out, is the reason. After losing my lengthy threads on NFL Picks for Week One and my Report Card twice due to computer lock-ups (which had never previously occurred under the old system), I almost walked away out of frustration. I may do so yet...as I'm contemplating starting my own blog. But, too busy to get that rolling right now.

Is the Globe serious? They now want you to pay to read their articles?? Thank you...no. I prefer to write my own articles...LOL!!

Have a great day, Gamer!  

[/QUOTE]

Hey  TP  I started to read it --but when you gave Brady a B- I quit.  You know I think he's A+++++++++++++++++++++

Every day around noon I can't get in to this site, it takes about 2 hours before I can access it, but sounds like others are having the same problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is free content and free material for the Globe writers to draw on, we know they do. They would have to be stupid to try and kill it.

However..I think technical difficulties are the culprit.

I could not get on today for 2 hours, notice many many posts have simply been filtered out of old threads. Other strange stuff is going on too.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.