Just more proof...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Just more proof...

That a certain someone's agenda is entirely absurd.

http://expatsfootball.com/posts/37848

In his weekly conference call with reporters, Josh McDaniels revealed how the Patriots offensive philosophy often comes down to one thing, trusting Tom Brady.

One of the main sticking points coming out of the loss to the Dolphins was the amount of pass plays the Pats ran compared to the amount of running plays the team ran, especially in a close contest. The Patriots ended up passing the ball 55 times compared to running it 22 times. Even accounting for the fact that the Patriots last drive was 14 straight passes due to the team's need to get a touchdown at the end of the game, the final play calling spread heavily favored the pass.

McDaniels gave a thoughtful answer on the subject, noting that the Patriots run a complex playbook and that the team wouldn't want to do anything to handcuff Tom Brady at the line of scrimmage, per ESPN:

"A lot of times we have multiple options in the huddle, and sometimes you end up with the perfect blend and perfect balance when you do that, and sometimes the defense, when you're trying to get certain things against a specific look, sometimes you can get a little skewed," he said.

"We certainly don't want to take the freedom away from our quarterback to get us into a good play and we don't want to become just a call-it-on-the-sideline team when we have a quarterback that's capable of doing a lot of good things with our offense at the line of scrimmage.

"There are always things you wish ... could I have done this? Or could I have done that? There's no question that you come out of each game and you say that, whether you win by 30 points or lose by three or four. You always say, 'Man, I could have done that better.' I definitely make a lot of mistakes each week and I wish I was a guy that could call a perfect game every time out. That's what I try to do each week when I prepare, and hopefully we are going to put ourselves in a situation each week to be balanced and find the perfect blend of run/pass that suites our team and give our offense the best opportunity to score each week."

Every Patriots play is really a package of plays of which Brady is given discretion to choose out of that package once he reads the defense. Sometimes, especially if a team is determined to take away the run, Brady will check into a pass play instead. While we're sure that the Patriots have an ideal ratio of run to pass plays, it would be foolish to strictly adhere to a formula at the cost of allowing Brady to read the defense and change the play at the line. Pounding the rock may be more advantageous at certain points, but the flexibility given to Brady is worth a lot more.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Just more proof...

most every QB has the same option. Garrett in Dallas point blank put the Romo int on Romo, as he had a play called that allowed the QB (Romo) the read option at the LOS...Garrett called a run play, but Romo read the defense and opted pass....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

gee, another ESPN posting...yet I get that nit will mels nit witt following me around saying ESPN sux....really very simple...DONT READ ESPN IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM....no one is forcing you...the other 99% of the sporting public loves the content

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All this means is the team makes decisions based on what are the BEST options to excercise.  If in their mind, going the pass route gives them the best chance, that is the one they take.  I will add, they have done this even when the running game appears to be going well.  A head scratcher.

No one here can predict which options actually works out because the defense does have a say in the result.  If Brady's last pass Sunday turned out to be a winning TD, this would be moot.  Also, if the last play Sunday turned out to be a run play for a TD, we'd also not concern ourselves with this topic so much.  IMHO, if the Pats were to take the route to run more often and pass less, there may be just as many fans here who would argue: "Why are the Pats taking the ball out of Brady's hands?".  There is no real proof a "balanced" offense is the best offense.  Ask the Broncos.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

gee, another ESPN posting...yet I get that nit will mels nit witt following me around saying ESPN sux....really very simple...DONT READ ESPN IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM....no one is forcing you...the other 99% of the sporting public loves the content

[/QUOTE]

do u actually work for espn? just wondering

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

You mean Rusty has no clue what he is talking about?!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That a certain someone's agenda is entirely absurd.

http://expatsfootball.com/posts/37848

In his weekly conference call with reporters, Josh McDaniels revealed how the Patriots offensive philosophy often comes down to one thing, trusting Tom Brady.

One of the main sticking points coming out of the loss to the Dolphins was the amount of pass plays the Pats ran compared to the amount of running plays the team ran, especially in a close contest. The Patriots ended up passing the ball 55 times compared to running it 22 times. Even accounting for the fact that the Patriots last drive was 14 straight passes due to the team's need to get a touchdown at the end of the game, the final play calling spread heavily favored the pass.

McDaniels gave a thoughtful answer on the subject, noting that the Patriots run a complex playbook and that the team wouldn't want to do anything to handcuff Tom Brady at the line of scrimmage, per ESPN:

"A lot of times we have multiple options in the huddle, and sometimes you end up with the perfect blend and perfect balance when you do that, and sometimes the defense, when you're trying to get certain things against a specific look, sometimes you can get a little skewed," he said.

"We certainly don't want to take the freedom away from our quarterback to get us into a good play and we don't want to become just a call-it-on-the-sideline team when we have a quarterback that's capable of doing a lot of good things with our offense at the line of scrimmage.

"There are always things you wish ... could I have done this? Or could I have done that? There's no question that you come out of each game and you say that, whether you win by 30 points or lose by three or four. You always say, 'Man, I could have done that better.' I definitely make a lot of mistakes each week and I wish I was a guy that could call a perfect game every time out. That's what I try to do each week when I prepare, and hopefully we are going to put ourselves in a situation each week to be balanced and find the perfect blend of run/pass that suites our team and give our offense the best opportunity to score each week."

Every Patriots play is really a package of plays of which Brady is given discretion to choose out of that package once he reads the defense. Sometimes, especially if a team is determined to take away the run, Brady will check into a pass play instead. While we're sure that the Patriots have an ideal ratio of run to pass plays, it would be foolish to strictly adhere to a formula at the cost of allowing Brady to read the defense and change the play at the line. Pounding the rock may be more advantageous at certain points, but the flexibility given to Brady is worth a lot more.

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you are talking about me here? How does this counter what I said??!

Brady has full autonomy and he's given multiple options of which to choose from.  YES!

I've said this for almost 5 years after I read a Vic Carucci (I think it was) article about Manning and Brady being the only two QBs who have fully autonomy and have multiple plays in the huddle to choose from.  This is another reason why our offense is complex, too. Guys need to line up in different spots and know what to do in case Brady wants to check to his second play, and to know what the D is showing.

It's tied into my premise that since Brady says he "prefers the shotgun" this might compromise how unpredictable our plays should be or can be.

Get it? And, don't try to tell me Brady didn't say it either because he did and it was confirmed by Caraway on here.  FACT

Enough with this already, people.  I know my material, COLD.  COLD.

This only reaffirms what I've been saying the whole time!

I've done my research and know a lot more than you and many others.

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying here is that when BB has the passing plays called in, Brady should be changing them to run plays with his "full autonomy"?  Well, that's a new spin for you.  I guess after being asked again and again and always unable to answer "if BB is such a great coach and would prefer to run run run, why does he continue to allow Brady to ruin his game plan?", you needed to come up with a new excuse.  That's a B+ for creativity, but you're usual F on logic/football knowledge

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It doesn't support you, you dope.

It says that running the ball X amount of times isn't as important as allowing Tom Brady to change the plays at the line.

So stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding ding!!! We have a WINNER! the prize is a choice between a trip to Paris with the supermodel of your choice or dinner at Taco Bell with Rusty

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

There is nothing in the article germane to the discussion.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see what Germany has to do with this 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

most every QB has the same option. Garrett in Dallas point blank put the Romo int on Romo, as he had a play called that allowed the QB (Romo) the read option at the LOS...Garrett called a run play, but Romo read the defense and opted pass....

Yea but up until last year romo DID NOT have this option and Garrett is no genius either. Romo just isnt and probably will never be a clutch player.

I have no problem with him(brady) doing that but people fail to see it doesnt always work cuz teams can fake a blitz to get you to do what they want. So in an instance of running clock, I want the team to run regardless of 8 in the box. Its called dictating. BB decided Brady can make the call same as manning but its lazy offensive coaching imo and takes away the ability for your offense to DICTATE. If you switch every time they move, is that any better than us makng manning hand it off 30 times and give him a loss. I think its good to have but coaches have become too reliant on tom to do that. Should be some play you just RUN no matte what. you get stuffed? so what, but atleast you dictated and can set up the next play off of that. How do you mix up playcalling when they are all passes? Josh needs to call more creative plays that make the D GO where you want it to go ....like reverses and more power runs where they know its coming but you want it more. Anyone thnking brady audibles to passes to pad stats is a fool as he takes more punishment from that than handing off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's an Oprah thingy....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Btady called the plays for Germany in WW2 that's why they lost

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, read what he posted. I am the one who has explained what McDaniels said ad nasem here for YEARS with my concerns with Brady and talking about reining him in!

ME! Over here!

I am the one who said to "rein him in".  I know EXACTLY what I am talking about and McDaniels is my primary source.

Are you this stupid? DReighver posts something that SUPPORTS my contenions on the topic.

My my god. The stupidity of people here is too much. Make it stop!

[/QUOTE]

I may fall into the category of 'stupid people' that you rale about, but answer me this if you will, how is it that beneath your name and avatar it indicates that your first post was on 11/23/2013 and yet your statement 'ad nauseum' suggests that you have been around for YEARS?

May I infer that you have changed your nom de guerre, and if so, can you tell me your previous name?

25. This post has been removed.