Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...

Denver Broncos Kicker Matt Prater Makes
    “This is a special team, a special team when you have a bunch of guys that when things aren’t going good we get closer instead of pulling apart,” said Tebow, who grates on some people because he’s openly religious. “The No. 1 reason we are like that is because we believe in each other, we believe in the coaching staff.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]Have we beaten the Tim Tebow horse to death yet?? After all it's not like he's(or ever will be) a Patriot
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]

I think that maybe the reason Jesus is allowing Tebow to keep winning is simply to thumb his nose at all those people who keep insisting that Tim can't play.

And just incidentally, weren't those the same people who said Cam Newton would fall flat on his face in the NFL, too?

Everybody's a genius, I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow...:
    [QUOTE]@ WesternOregon - One last thought.  Imagine that Tebow is an atheist.  After every touchdown and game he makes an atheist gesture (what the hell that is, I don't know).  During press conferences he mentions how glad he is to be an atheist, free of all gods.  And he gets a ton of media covereage because of it.  Would you really feel the same?  Really?  As a non-believer, I would nonetheless have a problem with it.  For sure.  "Dude, this is football.  Save that for a more appropriate forum." Our own prejudice is hard to see.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post.
    Unlike you apparently, I deal with reality and not some contrived imagining.
    This thread is as real as your "non-believer" heart, Tebow's faith in a living God and the Patriots scheduled date in Denver.
    Because I DON'T have a problem with media (I tend to sweat over the things I actually have control over and media is not one of them) nor Tim Tebow's display of his faith this thread seems to leave you with your own problem over his display of his faith. My suggestion? Own your own issues.

I hope you have a great week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]@ WesternOregon - One last thought.  Imagine that Tebow is an atheist.  After every touchdown and game he makes an atheist gesture (what the hell that is, I don't know).  During press conferences he mentions how glad he is to be an atheist, free of all gods.  And he gets a ton of media covereage because of it.  Would you really feel the same?  Really?  As a non-believer, I would nonetheless have a problem with it.  For sure.  "Dude, this is football.  Save that for a more appropriate forum." Our own prejudice is hard to see.

Athesism wouldn't even get reported, it would be swept under the rug.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]so are you guys saying the media has a pro-christian bias?
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

No. The media will latch on to anything new whether to praise or trash it. They need to fill air time.

Air time = comercials = profit. It's first and foremost a business

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : NO, just the opposite ....and we have beaten this Tebow thing to death. It's like a politician who says that he wants a clean campaign but will then say to the masses " I do'nt want to hear about my opponents DUIs, nor hear about his domestic problems nor his bad credit issues" I want a clean campaign"...etc etc...Understand? The media is anti-Christ not anti-Tebow...they use him. Have a great game day....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

The media is anti-Christ not anti-Tebow. Funny when you consider Christians are some of the biggest hypocrites around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : If i'm reading that correctly, That #4 of yours is pretty damning to people like myself who do Believe in Christ. Hate is a terrible word... Have a good Game day....
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

Explain then why Christians are constantly spewing hate for those who don't agree with them? They can't even get along with each other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]After reading all this? It DOES appear that some people who have a problem with Tim Tebow showing thanks toward God have an attitude about God. If so? Why judge Tim Tebow as a man. You will heap coals upon your own head in doing so...just say you're judging God and leave it at that. The best practice is to say nothing or at least keep it to football. ...shhhhh!
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

45%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

[QUOTE]@ WesternOregon - One last thought.  Imagine that Tebow is an atheist.  After every touchdown and game he makes an atheist gesture (what the hell that is, I don't know).  During press conferences he mentions how glad he is to be an atheist, free of all gods.  And he gets a ton of media covereage because of it. 

Given all the superstitious shout-outs, prayer circles, sky pointing and other PDR (Public Displays of Religion) that are part of every NFL broadcast, I would give almost anything to see your scenario. I'd even enjoy seeing some other non-Christian religions shouted out, just so that I can rid myself of the nagging feeling I get that the NFL is covertly pushing Christianity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Given all the superstitious shout-outs, prayer circles, sky pointing and other PDR (Public Displays of Religion) that are part of every NFL broadcast, I would give almost anything to see your scenario. I'd even enjoy seeing some other non-Christian religions shouted out, just so that I can rid myself of the nagging feeling I get that the NFL is covertly pushing Christianity.
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

while other players in the NFL would support them (because there's a significant black population who are Muslims following the path of Malcolm X), a Muslim celebration would cause a public outcry and any head-to-head with Tebow would be 9/11 and the 5th Crusade all rolled into one

but I'd still like to see it

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]“This is a special team, a special team when you have a bunch of guys that when things aren’t going good we get closer instead of pulling apart,” said Tebow, who grates on some people because he’s openly religious. “The No. 1 reason we are like that is because we believe in each other, we believe in the coaching staff.”

Fantastic statement by a fantastic teammate, with equally solid teammates.  Notice the absence of the hocus pocus.  They are not enabled or disabled by anything other then themselves.  Isn't accountability great!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Thanks for your post. Unlike you apparently, I deal with reality and not some contrived imagining. This thread is as real as your "non-believer" heart, Tebow's faith in a living God and the Patriots scheduled date in Denver. Because I DON'T have a problem with media (I tend to sweat over the things I actually have control over and media is not one of them) nor Tim Tebow's display of his faith this thread seems to leave you with your own problem over his display of his faith. My suggestion? Own your own issues. I hope you have a great week!
    @WesternOregon - Reality?  Please provide evidence that can be verified by any non-biased third party.
    You didn't answer my question.  Would you mind an outspoken atheist getting such attention and injecting his worldview into football?  Would you?  I would.  Just as I don't like Tebow doing it.
    Lastly, you started the thread, so if anything it is YOUR issue. 
    Ever look in a mirror?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : @WesternOregon - Reality?  Please provide evidence that can be verified by any non-biased third party. You didn't answer my question.  Would you mind an outspoken atheist getting such attention and injecting his worldview into football?  Would you?  I would.  Just as I don't like Tebow doing it. Lastly, you started the thread, so if anything it is YOUR issue.  Ever look in a mirror?

This condescending old fool is the same poster who labels Boston Sport fans as "Yocals", who can't think outside the Boston box, if they disagree with him.
    Hypocrisy at it's finest!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : Athesism wouldn't even get reported, it would be swept under the rug.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

This is because atheists or people who don't proscribe to an exclusive religion tend not to rally as feverishly and tend not to want to defeat others when they disagree with them.  they are more rational and therefore a more difficult pot to stir.  Generally they are a more peaceful bunch than the zealots who find refuge in the thought that the ones unlike them will suffer a horrible fate, and that this will somehow justify the fact that they didn't believe they could cure the troubles of the world.  Many Atheists, if anything, are not quite the defeatists that Christians can be.  

if Tebow is on the sidelines in prayer and a joyful teammate comes over to give him a hug, yet Tebow is too enveloped in prayer to reciprocate, is he rejecting god?  Probably not either way he'd choose, so why not get over yourself and just give the guy a hug in the moment.     

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]The only time it really bothers me is when someone is forcing their religion on someone else.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

+1.  I grew up in a Catholic family and pretty quickly decided religion wasn't for me, but I don't begrudge anyone their own religious beliefs as long as they're not in my face about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Here is my problem with Tebow, not with Tebow actually, but more with the Tebow fanatics.  Against the Jets Tebow's offense scored 10 points, against the Chargers Tebow's offense scored 16 points in 5 quarters. 

Go back through the past couple of weeks and see how many teams win with 10 or 13 offensive points, here is a clue, not many.  Tebow is in all out game manager and don't do anything to lose the game mode and the defense has put together an incredible string of games, against sputtering offenses like the Chiefs, Jets, and Chargers. 

Anyone who thinks what the Broncos are currently doing is a recipe for prolonged NFL success is delusional.  You can't have an offense that scores 13 points a game and expect to keep winning.  Mad props to the Broncos D!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just sayin', maybe the problem people have with Tim Tebow... : @WesternOregon - Reality?  Please provide evidence that can be verified by any non-biased third party. You didn't answer my question.  Would you mind an outspoken atheist getting such attention and injecting his worldview into football?  Would you?  I would.  Just as I don't like Tebow doing it. Lastly, you started the thread, so if anything it is YOUR issue.  Ever look in a mirror?

"Would you mind an outspoken atheist getting such attention and injecting his worldview into football?"

Oooo! Oooo! Oooo!  Let me answer that one!

Let's see..... high profile athlete....... knowingly wears his faith on his sleeve...... a media always wanting to get a good story..... pre and post game interviews....... Somehow I don't think that even the low down national mecdia hores would seek out those kinds of interviews, unless it's politically motivated.

Gee! I wonder how his interviews would be WITHOUT the media hores always asking about AND bringing up his faith? I don't recall hearing anyone bich about tebow's incessant need to talk abiut his faith; the media hores bring it up or lead him into that disfussion. Despite what his hateres want to believe, he's never said that The Good Lord ran the ball for him, threw the ball for him, or made a game time descision for him. It's been his BELIEF in Him that has got him where he is. Will you haters now line up to challenge all that BS about players thanking Grandma or someone stepping out to give him a hand, if he continually "thanks" them for were and how he turned out? (Remember, something had to spark the 3rd party to step in and up to help out.) Cripes! They even made a movie about Mike, the Raven's OLman! No whining and complaining about that, even though it's about someone believing in him and him believing in someone else. I guess that's tangible because people are real. Faith is intangible, and I guess that's why it scares you so much. You fear what you can't see, touch, or feel. 

Let the Hate come down on the next Patriot (player, coach, or any other person connected with them) when and if they ever mention Him in any interview. Will that please you to no end?  

Hate On! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE] I grew up in a Catholic family and pretty quickly decided religion wasn't for me, but I don't begrudge anyone their own religious beliefs as long as they're not in my face about it.
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius[/QUOTE]

Believe what you choose. Tim Tebow's faith is neither in religion nor the originator of one. His faith rests in God. Again, we have someone (Yukon-Cornelius) on this thread who is twisting the issue. If you think that God relies on men for their praise or if you think that God defines faith by religious affiliation or if you think that knowing God can happen by hearing what others say about God you are mistaken and you think without a discerning mind. It is clear, if YOU seek God YOU WILL find God.

Having faith, as Tim Tebow does, is not like being a Patriots fan.

Yukon-Cornelius, you appear to have judged God, by what you see or saw in your parents and in the Catholic church.

Knowing of God is what religion (your Catholic parents and church mates) told you. But KNOWING God is entirely different. Know Him before you say He's "not for me"...

If you feel Tebow is in your face now (and he isn't) wait until God returns to pass true judgement on those who know Him not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTING BelichickforPresident]Reality?  Please provide evidence that can be verified by any non-biased third party. You have eloquently described yourself as a "non-believer", Tim Tebow's faith is real ( "I feel like anytime I get the opportunity to give the Lord some praise, He is due for it because of what He did for me and what he did for us on the cross for all of us."), and finally the Patriots play the Broncos 12/18/2012. 

You didn't answer my question.  Would you mind an outspoken atheist getting such attention and injecting his worldview into football?  Would you?
     I refuse to answer for one reason, it is irrelevant to the discussion. 

I would.
     ...and the fact that you "would" mind, this proves nothing and doesn't justify you judging Tim Tebow...you would be the more like of us two to judge anyone in any given circumstance. 

Lastly, you started the thread, so if anything it is YOUR issue. It merely makes me the originator. You claimed to be the "non-believer" which begs the question, "Non-believer in who?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

I am not the type to preach about religion to the people around me.  This makes Tebow a tough subject... but this is what I see.  Here is a fella that makes it obvious he feels confident in himself and his abilities.  He feels a connection with God and religion.  He wears it on his sleeve... like a tattoo for everyone to see... all of the time.  He wants everyone else to understand that he is thankful to a higher power for his abilities and opportunities.  This isn't really a bad thing to most people, because most people have a connection to some set of beliefs... but several people are annoyed by it.  Is he using his celebrity as a platform?  Absolutely.  Is it Ok?  Maybe not.  Is it good for football?  I think it's been good for the Broncos.  I have watched a lot of the "Tebow games" and it has been impressive to see how this team rallies around his leadership.  I can't say I've ever seen a defense step up the way they have the past 5-6 weeks, given these kind of circumstances, since Brady took the reigns.  They seem inspired by the guy.

I have to admit it's a lot of fun watching a running back play QB.  I don't care if the kid gets 100 games under his belt.  He's an RB trying to complete the occasional pass.  If you watch enough NFL games, you will see why he's on the field.  After rating the top 10 QB's in the league the talent drops so far down that many teams should look at what the Broncos are doing, and take note.  Defenses can't figure out when he's going to throw, so it's fortunate to them that he's so inaccurate.  He's an excellent runner, and protects the ball very well.  I think we're gonna see that Tebowing thing for several years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Tebow is not forcing you to accept his position -though he is correct- he's just expressing it. The people that are trying to get all of us to accept, condone, and embrace their position is the homosexual community. Being queer is a behavior, not a race, and yet they want us to invalidate the true meaning of family by accepting on a national level, their erroneous position on family values. I hope Tebow wins a SB, so he express his position more.     

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is not forcing you to accept his position -though he is correct- he's just expressing it. The people that are trying to get all of us to accept, condone, and embrace their position is the homosexual community. Being queer is a behavior, not a race, and yet they want us to invalidate the true meaning of family by accepting on a national level, their erroneous position on family values. I hope Tebow wins a SB, so he express his position more.     
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

IRRELEVANT PERSONAL FOUL...

...did anyone see this flagrant foul coming? Flags are everywhere...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is not forcing you to accept his position -though he is correct- he's just expressing it. The people that are trying to get all of us to accept, condone, and embrace their position is the homosexual community. Being queer is a behavior, not a race, and yet they want us to invalidate the true meaning of family by accepting on a national level, their erroneous position on family values. I hope Tebow wins a SB, so he express his position more.     
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Ok, way to force your position....You know for a fact that being queer is a behavior because many believe they are born that way.
    Even if that's not true, being a criminal is a behavior.  Yet, the incarcerated are allowed to marry and is an acceptable practice.
    Where do the family values come into play there? 
    Should a murderer have more rights than a law abiding person who happens to love someone of the same sex?
    Interracial marriages were frowned upon not too long ago.  (maybe still are)
    Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it wrong for you.  It's not up to you to judge.
    That's the Christian way.  (or should be)