Just shoot Maroney!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Just shoot Maroney!

Follows up the fumble on the 1 yard line with 2 yards on the next 4-5 carries, when we desperately needed a first down to run some time off the clock

In the biggest game of the year, maroney comes up small.

What a complete, absolute bum. Please, just make him go away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Re: Just shoot Maroney!

AMEN...... After years of anticipation and thousands of "wait till nextyear"
     its time to bid Laurence Maroney goodbye now.. I would rather see B.J.G.E in
    there untill Morris or Taylor come back !! This back can not be effective at this level...PERIOD......HE NEVER HAS HE NEVER WILL !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Let's not forget the defense couldn't stop jack chit ....therefore, why BB went for it on 4th down. Even he had no confidence!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

His fumble probably lost the the game, but if he held on you could argue he won the game so I'm not going to shoot him yet. 
    This game was so close that one play or one penalty would have changed the outcome.  He's been a dissapointment and but he has been running harder lately.  The Pats offensive line got pourous in the 4th and didn't give Brady or Maroney much to work with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

See my thread here:

Basic ball security... yet Maroney only had 2/3 points of contact listed (and only 3 of the 5 that I was taught in high school) when he coughed it up at the 2-yard-line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Just shoot Maroney!:
    [QUOTE]See my thread here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a83dc80da-b1be-444c-a3c2-dce23ae6bc25 Basic ball security... yet Maroney only had 2/3 points of contact listed (and only 3 of the 5 that I was taught in high school) when he coughed it up at the 2-yard-line.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Let's take this further.  Let's say you're "unorthodox" at running and don't always hold the ball in the best current practice...
    well, if that is the case, your differences better be making you good for multiple 20+ yard runs in the game.  Otherwise, you're not providing the value anticipated from your "unusual style" and you cannot be relied upon when needed most.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Maroney is a major buzz kill.  He's such an imposter.  "Tiny Dancer" please put up the numbers that will shut us all up or take your lame gig on the road, far, far from Foxboro and the Flying Elvis.  On a side note, "Tiny Dancer" now has "Tiny Hands" (earned after tonight's goal line fumble).  We use to shoot pitiful horses that took up good pasture space; nowadays we have to wait till their contracts expire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2027860. Show user_2027860's posts

Just sign LARRY JOHNSON!!!! PLEASE!!!! I wonder how Corey Dillon and Antwain Smith ran effectively behind basically the same o line... He clearly cost us the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFANFRMINDIA. Show PATFANFRMINDIA's posts

The fumble did not prove costly... we lost the ball... and immediately got it back and we scored a touchdown. We were not effective in the 2nd half both on defence and offence. Then we had that bogus call on PI and they clearly did not give the forward progress to Faulk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfrombc. Show marcfrombc's posts

[QUOTE]The fumble did not prove costly... we lost the ball... and immediately got it back and we scored a touchdown. We were not effective in the 2nd half both on defence and offence. Then we had that bogus call on PI and they clearly did not give the forward progress to Faulk
    Posted by PATFANFRMINDIA[/QUOTE]
    You are correct. Also, I think speaking of shooting someone, even metaphorically, for fumbling a football is asinine talk, and the kind of stuff that makes fans seem moronic to many people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from malrubius. Show malrubius's posts

I think it's only the second fumble of Maroney's career.

Yet, he BLOWS!

He must have been born by c-section because I don't think he could find a hole in mother's uterus.  He has the worst vision of any NFL running back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Just shoot Maroney!:
    [QUOTE]Follows up the fumble on the 1 yard line with 2 yards on the next 4-5 carries, when we desperately needed a first down to run some time off the clock   In the biggest game of the year, maroney comes up small. What a complete, absolute bum. Please, just make him go away.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Since this guy came into the league, Pats fans have been building him up after a few - count them on one hand - decent performances.  However, from a big game perspective, he's a wash.  In addition, he has a knack for being out (e.g. injuries) a lot, leaving the team without a running game (i.e. balanced attack) when they need it the most.  Let's face it- the Pats have not established a consistent running game, since Dillon left, simply put.  (It's been all patchwork.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Larry Johnson anyone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

[QUOTE]Just sign LARRY JOHNSON!!!! PLEASE!!!! I wonder how Corey Dillon and Antwain Smith ran effectively behind basically the same o line... He clearly cost us the game.
    Posted by inbillwetrust[/QUOTE]Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah...Larry Johnson...are all Pats fans this dumb?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I've been defending Maroney this year, but after last night I want him gone.

He's useless.  Once the Pats cut him after this year, he'll be a 3rd string backup on some bad team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Maroney needs to go. He is nothing but a drive killer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

maroney looked like he was running strong early in the game, then presto, he fumbled and lost his heart...went back to dancing, hopping, and stutter stepping like his usual self..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

[QUOTE]Just sign LARRY JOHNSON!!!! PLEASE!!!! I wonder how Corey Dillon and Antwain Smith ran effectively behind basically the same o line... He clearly cost us the game.
    Posted by inbillwetrust[/QUOTE]

I'm a PSU grad and I ALWAYS though Johnson would be a good fit for the Pats. I know he's had his personal issues, but if any organization can get him to play near or at his potential, it's the Pats. I think it's unlikely the Pats will get him, but here's hoping they can!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from truefaith. Show truefaith's posts

So much for showing the fans what you're made of. The Maroney that showed up at last night's game was the same "dance & dive" Maroney we thought we'd seen the last of. He picked the wrong game to return to his former version. Would this guy even be on the field towards the end of last night's game if we had all of our backs healthy? He certainly wasn't out there because of the way he was playing. If an 11-season vet like Faulk can make you look that bad Lawrence, it's time to look for a new line of work.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just shoot Maroney! : You are correct. Also, I think speaking of shooting someone, even metaphorically, for fumbling a football is asinine talk, and the kind of stuff that makes fans seem moronic to many people.
    Posted by marcfrombc[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. The asinine part I mean.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]The fumble did not prove costly... we lost the ball... and immediately got it back and we scored a touchdown. We were not effective in the 2nd half both on defence and offence. Then we had that bogus call on PI and they clearly did not give the forward progress to Faulk
    Posted by PATFANFRMINDIA[/QUOTE]

Wrong analysis.  They took over at about their 20 and we got it back on the punt return.  Had we scrored (no fumble), the ensuing kickoff would still have left them at about their own 20.  Then the punt return .....   The difference is 7 points lost due to the fumble.

That said, Maroney (IMO) was only responsible for 10% of the loss.  More than 80% goes to Belicheck for the bonehead decision on 4th and 2.  I have never yelled at my TV as much since they left decided to leave Pedro in for the eight inning against the Yankees and he proceeded then to blow the game.  Oh well, I guess Bill is not infallible -- but still is one of the very best.

I pity the Jets next week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

[QUOTE]maroney looked like he was running strong early in the game, then presto, he fumbled and lost his heart...went back to dancing, hopping, and stutter stepping like his usual self..
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

And who do you think continues to insert Marnoney into the game in key situation only to see him underachieve again and again.  The vaunted Bill Belichick that's who.  Belichick has had ample opportnity to upgrade the running back sitution after seeing almost the exact same scenario play out against the Colts in the 2007 AFCC game.  The Patriots needed stud running back that could make first downs and keep the defense off Brady.  Instead of getting a good running back in free agency or off waivers we get a broken Sammy Morris, and old and broken Fred Taylor and a radioactive BJGE.  All the failure in the running game points to Belichickl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Cut this bum, he had his chance too be at least a solid back and he can't play A LICK. He's never done anything good for us and never will. He's just a damn bust and we have to accept it. Get him out, he's not an NFLer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He reached out with the ball to get it across the endzone, I've seen similiar plays 100 times.  Guy reaches out ball gets knocked out, the refs say TD or forward progress before the ball came out.  It was probably literally a couple of inches from being a TD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

All the dancing and juking...Maroney you are not Barry Sanders.  You have half of his skill and none of his heart.