somehow i feel that PAThetic would be a better description of him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Just what the Patriots needed!

My aPAThty is overwelming.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Just what the Patriots needed!:
    Fat Rex opens his big mouth again.   This guy just doesn’t know when to shut it.   Last year, as a rookie head coach, he had the audacity to proclaim, "I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings”

RESPONSE: What's wrong with that? The guy was making a statement that he was in NY to beat BB and the Pats.

Then, he all but guaranteed a phenomenal defense.

RESPONSE: Rex produced. It ain't bragging if you get it done. 

So, what, he led the league in defense, big deal, that doesn’t mean anyting.   A good defense wins you nothing.

RESPONSE: Huh??? You can't be serious.

Clearly, he got lucky.

RESPONSE: How so?

Now, his arrogance is showing through again.   He implied that the Patriots didn’t use AT in a way that maximized his talents.

RESPONSE: I agree with him.

Seriously, what does this guy know about AT?

RESPONSE: Rex was his defensive coordinator in Baltimore...where AD was a very effective player.

"If you're just going to take a defensive end, or an inside linebacker, or an outside linebacker, then he's not going to be quite as effective," Ryan said of Thomas. "If you can use him all over the place as a defensive end, an inside linebacker, and outside backer, a safety, he's special.

RESPONSE: Whatever Ryan did with AD in Baltimore, it worked. The Pats tried to fit him into their system as an ILB. The guy would have been more effective on the outside...or freelancing, as he did in Baltimore.

What is wrong with this guy?   Implying that BB misused a player?

RESPONSE: Again, I agree with him.

Hasn’t he been following football for the last decade.   The Patriots have been dominating everyone by using this kind of stuff.   BBis the king of taking an underperforming team, showing them that an opposing player or coach has disrespected them in order to get the team to play up to their abilities.

RESPONSE: No one is questioning BB's abilities as a head coach. But, he didn't get the best out of Thomas, the way Ryan did.

The way to beat the Patriots is to continually praise them, remind them of what a great SB victory that was in 2004, but most of all don’t give them any reason to be motivated to win a game against you.

RESPONSE: Nonsense. The way to beat the Pats is to pound them physically...like the Ravens did last year. 

Posted by bjesuss

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Just what the Patriots needed!:
    In Response to Just what the Patriots needed! :
    Posted by TexasPat3

Tex, FYI, bjesuss is a Jet fan poser/troll/sychophant/moron with no life.  You're playing his game.  Best to ignore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Just what the Patriots needed! : Tex, FYI, bjesuss is a Jet fan poser/troll/sychophant/moron with no life.  You're playing his game.  Best to ignore.
    Posted by Muzwell

Thanks, Muz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Just what the Patriots needed! : I will say that you are clearly one of the level headed Pats fans. Nice job, not buying into the BB is God talk.
    Posted by bjesuss

Too late bj, Tex is onto your game.  Nice try though. 

Defeating trolls, one thread at a time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Did he lie about anything....I agree that we didnt utilize A.D. to his strenghts, does is mean he should have played OLB, ILB, safety, CB, etc..NO!  it means he should have been rushing the passer last year instead of covering, when your main deficiency is pass rush....that was a no-brainer, and B.B. deserves critism for that...just my opinion...and last I checked we got blown out 1st round, and the Jets almost made the superbowl, so I dont know where all this talk is coming from, but the Pats have done nothing lately to warrant respect and people bowing down....You admitted that they had the best defense, he improved there and on offense,...Far as Im concerned the Pats got shyt to say but show up and play better next year....Nobody should need bulletin board material, and nobody will remember what fatboy said come September....R U serious....Bulletin board material in May????  Calm down and tune in the NBA playoffs and let us deal with the Jets in September
    Posted by patsfan76

Spot on with that post I agree 100%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Just what the Patriots needed!:
    Fat Rex opens his big mouth again.   This guy just doesn’t know when to shut it.   Last year, as a rookie head coach, he had the audacity to proclaim, "I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings”     Then,   he all but guaranteed a phenomenal defense.    So, what, he led the league in defense, big deal, that doesn’t mean anyting.   A good defense wins you nothing .   Clearly, he got lucky.    Now, his arrogance is showing through again.   He implied that the Patriots didn’t use AT in a way that maximized his talents.   Seriously, what does this guy know about AT? "If you're just going to take a defensive end, or an inside linebacker, or an outside linebacker, then he's not going to be quite as effective," Ryan said of Thomas. "If you can use him all over the place as a defensive end, an inside linebacker, and outside backer, a safety, he's special. What is wrong with this guy?   Implying that BB misused a player?   Hasn’t he been following football for the last decade.   The Patriots have been dominating everyone by using this kind of stuff.   BBis the king of taking an underperforming team, showing them that an opposing player or coach has disrespected them in order to get the team to play up to their abilities.     The way to beat the Patriots is to continually praise them, remind them of what a great SB victory that was in 2004, but most of all don’t give them any reason to be motivated to win a game against you.
    Posted by bjesuss

Maybe you should think about getting a new handle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hi leon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Just what the Patriots needed! :
    Posted by TexasPat3

It's been a couple years since AT played ILB with the Pats.
    Rex was DC for 2 of AT's 7 years in Baltimore.
    AT career high for sacks in a season is 11, one more than TBC this year.

AT was mediocre at best with the Ravens until Suggs showed up and drew the attention of blockers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

a great defense doesnt loose to a soft colts team...
    the more he spouts the more attention he gets...which is what he wants...
    let him spout who cares...and adaliues just flat out was a bad aquisition by lil bill that proves hes human

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

How about PAThological.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

AD didn't work out....time to move on already. Classic case of the media just trying to stir the pot for a lousy story. I don't think he took a shot at BB at all, I think he just answered a simple question of why he thought it didn't work out.

Again, just the media trying to create drama that isn't there....get over it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Just what the Patriots needed! : Sounds like what your saying is that it's hard for a LB to do their job when the rest of the D it awful. Maybe the Pats should have invested in anothter LB.
    Posted by bjesuss

No, I'm saying he's an average starter who was lucky enough to land on a team full of HOF defensive players.  BB should have never picked him up.  I recall at the time some people saying he was overrated and too easily blocked, it turns out they were right.  I suppose they could have attempted to get a legitimate star LB'er to go with him but there was a salary cap and putting everything into the defense isn't the only thing in the NFL.  Plus why change everything to help one average player look good, just cut him and get someone just as good for half the price.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, bjesuss, if Ryan knows how to use Thomas at an elite level, why doesn't he sign him to make his already top rank defense into an even more dominant defense? I know why, it's because Thomas is a bum. He suks. Ryan is just sticking up for his friend. Think about it, when was Thomas a dominant defensive player? With the 2000's Baltimore Ravens and the top ranked New England Patriots' 2007 defense.

He is a product of his teammates. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

" A good defense wins you nothing"

Really? I guess we should draft only offensive players from now and forget about any D. Hell, let's line up offensive linemen as DLmen and see if we can get something done as defense anyways will not win games for us.