Karlos Dansby, OLB, Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Karlos Dansby, OLB, Cardinals

if i am not mistaken Dansby is on the market the cards do not have the room to sign him, boldin with out a fitz restructure

why can't we send two seconds and third from 2010 plus watson to the cardinals

they need a TE and they need cap space so if we traded Watson two seconds and a third and or conditional we would have the cap space to sign him for the future

he would be a second tear OLB more or less like Leroy Hill

i would say 6 years 52 million with a 10 million dollar salary bonus and a 600k base for 2009

if we restructure Sey and extrapolate his contract out another four years we could cut green loose and let wilfork hit the market or tag and trade him

thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Karlos Dansby, OLB, Cardinals

that may be more than the Pats would be willing to give up. Dansby, though, would be a great addition whether as an outside or inside linebacker, every down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree with Kyle.

Dansby is on the short list of players taht could do everything here. Inside, outisde, all downs.

He really is a great talent.

I don't think NE has anything approaching the cap flexibility to get involved with $10million dollar players, and giving up that many picks is something they tend not to do.

Not to mention the fact that Dansby is bent on reaching FA. He is 27 and an all-pro caliber guy who has yet to be a true FA.

So it is a no go on so many levels.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the spelling in that first post is hilarious. but yeah, dansby would look great in a pats uniform (although he's not much of a sack guy). for that matter, so would dockett. but those guys want insane money that perennial losers like the seahawks and redskins like to dole out. it seems like every player in arizona is unhappy about their contract. what is going on there? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I'm not so sure about Dockett. He might be too small for a defensive end position in the 3-4 and not fast or quick enough for an OLB spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

it seems like every player in arizona is unhappy about their contract. what is going on there? 

That's what happens when you get to the SB. Even in a losing effort they feel they're in the "elite" group (money-wise). And the Cardinals have a long history of being cheap. But a lot of these guys figure with the spotlight on them they'll have more leverage. Add to that the huge deal Fitzgerald got, and it's a mess. I think it's highly unlikely they'll even make the playoffs in 09.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah i think thats a good analysis. that tends to be the downfall of a lot of successful teams that don't have great leadership. i agree the cards have a good chance of imploding this season with all those malcontents. its too bad because they were kind of fun to watch last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]if i am not mistaken Dansby is on the market the cards do not have the room to sign him, boldin with out a fitz restructure why can't we send two seconds and third from 2010 plus watson to the cardinals they need a TE and they need cap space so if we traded Watson two seconds and a third and or conditional we would have the cap space to sign him for the future he would be a second tear OLB more or less like Leroy Hill i would say 6 years 52 million with a 10 million dollar salary bonus and a 600k base for 2009 if we restructure Sey and extrapolate his contract out another four years we could cut green loose and let wilfork hit the market or tag and trade him thanks
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

Get real. First, Dansby is franchised at almost $10 million. It would cost us two first rounders to get him and something close to peppers money to sign him. Same argument against him as against peppers; why would we want to dis our current guys by giving up so much for this guy? He's not even a big time pass rusher; He's only averaged 4 sacks per year throughout his career!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Dansby would be a good fit, and Lord knows the Pats need someone like him to improve the effectiveness of those two LB spots not manned by Thomas or Mayo.  But, I'm just not sure a deal could be made.  I think you need to look for a lower tier guy...