KCs Dwayne Bowe arrested for weed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: KCs Dwayne Bowe arrested for weed

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im in touch with my black side...   even though I'm pale and freckled.   As in, #1 growing up as a redhead , you get to know the feeling of being a minority.  #2  I get into dancing with all kinds of music including rap, reggae, r@b, rock, ...  #3  I'm hung like a horse....   lol.  (couldn't resist)....Ha ha HA .  Sense of humor goes a long way.

[/QUOTE]

Have a virtual brewski, my friend :).      (These are cheap).   Beertender, another round!

[/QUOTE]

virtual,  cyber cheers...  ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im in touch with my black side...   even though I'm pale and freckled.   As in, #1 growing up as a redhead , you get to know the feeling of being a minority.  #2  I get into dancing with all kinds of music including rap, reggae, r@b, rock, ...  #3  I'm hung like a horse....   lol.  (couldn't resist)....Ha ha HA .  Sense of humor goes a long way.

[/QUOTE]

Have a virtual brewski, my friend :).      (These are cheap).   Beertender, another round!

[/QUOTE]

virtual,  cyber cheers...  ;)

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, virtually no alcohol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Shrimpish taupe hmmmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shrimpish taupe hmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!   Misquoted but much funnier than the original.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shrimpish taupe hmmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!   Misquoted but much funnier than the original.

[/QUOTE]

Have a virtual adult beverage of your choice :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9965451/dwayne-bowe-kansas-city-chiefs-arrested-speeding-marijuana

Police stopped Bowe for speeding 48mph in a 35 zone....   smelled marijuana.    (forgot to report that they noticed he was Black).   

Gotta love law enforcement.   Pot is legal in 2 states, medicinal in 20 others.  And cops ARREST an NFL player for speeding 48 in a 35.   Nice work if you can get it. 

[/QUOTE]

Not to defend the police, but in this day and age, anything 9 or over the limit, especially at 12 AM, you will get pulled.

States and municipalities are so desperate for revenue, even 9 mph or under will be plucked now for a speeding ticket since they are so desperate.

Also, I am not sure it''s a good idea to drive and smoke weed even if legal. I believe most states now have had laws against that, which will likely remain intact on the books even in Washington State and Colorado. They'll probably continue to consider it like drinking and driving, which I am not sure I disagree with.

[/QUOTE]   

Anything 9 or over the speed limit...?   Is that what your speedo reads or what joe donut enforcement has calibrated his radar gun to read.  For all you know Bowe could have been travelling 37 mph when he was pulled over.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't have any data to back up my assertion but I would guess there is good percentage of players who smoke weed to manage their pain. like I said I don't have any data and this is purely anecdotal  but it seems  when a player gets arrested it seems like a high percentage of times weed is the reason or involved somehow.

[/QUOTE]

Probably.  Of course, they're also like 25 . . . when I was that age, well, you know . . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't have any data to back up my assertion but I would guess there is good percentage of players who smoke weed to manage their pain. like I said I don't have any data and this is purely anecdotal  but it seems  when a player gets arrested it seems like a high percentage of times weed is the reason or involved somehow.

[/QUOTE]

Probably.  Of course, they're also like 25 . . . when I was that age, well, you know . . . 

[/QUOTE]

yeah, i know age is a factor but the physical wear and tear on players bodies has to be a contributing factor to the usage. Again just a theory on my part.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/12/sam-hurd-smoked-pot-every-day-shared-with-20-25-teammates/

http://www.qualityhealth.com/pain-articles/marijuana-pain-relief

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do know but to me weed makes more sense to people as they get older.  Maybe not if you're trying to set an example or what not.,  but just as a general pain reliever for body aches etc. or muscle cramps or discomfort.   

Another  anecdotal example is when skiing you are outside the human element , freezing cold temps, thin air., using your legs and body in a way that is not your norm after 5 days at your desk job.   Come to find out that a couple hits actually helps your body calm down and helps regulate the temperature inside your skiwear.( instead of the sweating, freezing cycle).  The tenseness in your legs relaxes and you ski better.     fascinating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, i know age is a factor but the physical wear and tear on players bodies has to be a contributing factor to the usage. Again just a theory on my part.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/12/sam-hurd-smoked-pot-every-day-shared-with-20-25-teammates/

http://www.qualityhealth.com/pain-articles/marijuana-pain-relief

[/QUOTE]

Interesting reading...    Also the side effects and risks are to be determined by the patient.  Especially the psychological effects.  these are impossible to predict. 

One item I must object to is the comparison of marijuana smoke to Tobacco smoke.  this is beyond humorous.    The statement on the risk:

"Marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke and has the potential to cause cancer of the lungs and respiratory tract. Marijuana smoke is commonly inhaled deeper and held longer than is tobacco smoke, increasing the lungs' exposure to carcinogens."

LOL...  50-70%   .   Got it.      Wow that seems like a lot.  Cept...maybe it might have something to do with the density of the smoke...?  or the temperature of the smoked material...?  Or the quality , or the brand of tobacco ,....etc.    Dumb.

Then the second part which is behavioral...  smoke is inhaled deeper and held longer...  Um... I think 20 puffs on a processed industrial tobacco cigarette is a more behavioral risk /concern than a few puffs of marijuana, a naturally grown plant.  Of course anything can be abused but  for medicinal reasons the plant is relatively harmless.