Keep Edelman, walk Talib away...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Keep Edelman, walk Talib away...

The Pats can found another CB who is healty.  I can't believe that people want Talib to stay.

they need to restructure Danny's contract. He isn't worth it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Keep Edelman, walk Talib away...

1.) Edelman's contract will mirror Amendola's contract, keeping him and Collie won't be too difficult.

2.) The only CB in Talib's league that's hitting FA this season is DRC, pretty sure Denver will want to keep him. Gotta keep Talib, he worked his value down after the latest injury. Won't take long to keep him. A 3 year 25 million deal with 15 guaranteed is what I would offer him.

3.) Amendola won't restructre, he has no motivation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats can found another CB who is healty.  I can't believe that people want Talib to stay.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean limp Talib away?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

While it sure is disheartening when Talib gets injured in the AFCCG 2 years in a row, our secondary blows without him.  Maybe a player like Ryan can make a BIG 2nd year jump, but we can't let Talib walk unless and until we know we have a suitable replacement.  Really, our secondary is just not good without him.  We learned this year just how important one good corner can be.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1.) Edelman's contract will mirror Amendola's contract, keeping him and Collie won't be too difficult.

2.) The only CB in Talib's league that's hitting FA this season is DRC, pretty sure Denver will want to keep him. Gotta keep Talib, he worked his value down after the latest injury. Won't take long to keep him. A 3 year 25 million deal with 15 guaranteed is what I would offer him.

3.) Amendola won't restructre, he has no motivation.

[/QUOTE]

Agree on 1 and 3, but if I'm giving out $15 mil guaranteed I want a CB who stays healthy, like Verner. Hasn't missed a game in his career (4 years) and is younger than Talib or DRC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I think it's pretty obvious that we need Talib, but he definitely is an injury risk. I'd have a hard time signing him to anythingbefore I knew what exactly needs to happen to that hip. Just a matter of time if that hip doesn't get the surgery it probably needs.

Edelman (just like Welker) won't be getting giant contracts thrown his way. It shouldn't be very tough or expensive to keep him here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Are there any impact corners coming out in the draft?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont question if the Pats could pay/keep Edelman/Amendola/Gronk...I question if BB would keep all 3 at the salaries needed. I do not think BB would invest that type of money in the recieving corp. I also think that BB envisions next year Amendola duplicating Edelmans production this year, and Collie/Boyce duplicating Amendolas production this year. Obviously the key to the passing game is health and further development of the rookies.

With the $$$ available in 2014 and other area needs, I dont see BB putting more money into the pass catchers other than draft choices (TE) or lower echelon FA's (Hooman)

I also think it a risk signing Edelman to a 5/$25 contract. He also has had issue staying on the field. He was a great complimentary piece at a team favorable cost. As his price goes up, I believe he becomes less of a desire to the team

Dont forget, our friends in green to the west need WR's and have oodles of $$$ to throw around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they can, but they wont.