Kent State Wrestler Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Kent State Wrestler Signed

Mike Reiss posted this one earlier.  The guy has been working with the KS Football staff for a bit now.  A little potentail help on the O-line.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/43803877.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Kent State Wrestler Signed

Yeah he's an All American Wrestler and we all know that Dante likes ex wrestlers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I doubt he will pan out as much as Neal did, what is this kid thinking anyway? he could make crazy cash in MMA hahaha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt he will pan out as much as Neal did, what is this kid thinking anyway? he could make crazy cash in MMA hahaha
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's not that good of a wrestler or thinks getting hit with a helmet on is better than without one on.

I would rather play football than MMA if I had the choice or ability to do football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

All I want to know is can he swing a steel chair? If so, sign him up!!

LOL!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

HaHa he will have to beat Neal in a cage match in order to make the team hahaha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Is that kind of single leg takedown legal in the NFL ? What about a flying full body slam by jumping off from the shoulders of Sebastian Vollmer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Is that kind of single leg takedown legal in the NFL ? What about a flying full body slam by jumping off from the shoulders of Sebastian Vollmer?
    Posted by southie77[/QUOTE]

I heard that Vince McMahon is trying to sign a match between Big Show and Sea Bass for next years' Wrestlemania...LOL!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Got news for you guys that dude is 6'6" 315 lbs,if he's agile enough to wrestle at the collegiate level he's probably a very good athelete.I hope he signs a contract for the practice squad only,that way the Patriots don't have to subject him to waivers if he has any acumen for the game and the offensive line positions.I like the idea of trying him out because its like asking a point guard to play DB or QB its a natural progression from the 2 sports.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I don't know where he finished at nationals but I can tell you, as a former D1 college wrestler, there are some bears for heavyweights who .  The hand techniques, both awareness and mobility you have in wrestling transfers very well over to football - though most wrestlers are too small for the sport.

I think the NFL is missing the boat on some guys though.  I really think some 197 pounders or even 184 (who could be anywhere between 210 and 240 in the offseason) would be great linebackers.  Perhaps not ideal for a 3-4 but I get pretty tired of seeing these speed rushers with no technique.  Someone teach them an arm drag please?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I really think this kid has a shot to make the team next year. This year, he's a practice squad guy only, in my opinion, but only because he didn't play high school football. That's gonna hurt him. But if he shows quick improvement, then there's no reason he won't have a shot. I could see him as a pretty solid tackle, one day. I think he'd be a massive guard, but maybe they see him inside instead of on the edges. Still, with his size and athleticism, tackle seems like the natural position for him to pick up once he refines his technique. I'm utterly intrigued.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Sonny, I've never wrestled competitively but I would think the skill set of wrestlers would translate much better on the line of scrimmage than at LB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

He's officially listed as OL per the press release on patriots.com

I love the way he uses his arms to keep guys off his body. Of all his wrestling matches I watched, he seemed to be very much in control, though not aggressive at all. Not a typical wrestler; he let the other guy dictate all the actions, and mostly just redirected him and waited him out. One match I saw went 13 minutes before Porter buried the guy in a sudden flurry at the end. Very interesting. He had a pretty solid record: 120-40 or something. I'm really intrigued by what he might be able to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Neal won the NCAA wrestling crown twice. Porter is ranked number 1 or number 2 in the Heavyweight class nationally.

Pats' O line has a wrangler (Mankins), a construction worker (Kaczur), and 2 wrestlers.  Need a cop and a sailor and they will be the Village People.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB's record with silly selections:

Steve Neal:  The guy didn't know how to put on his padding.  He came free of charge, worked for minimum wage, started and was a pro.

Matt Cassel:  The guy hadn't played in four years against college competition.  He cost a seventh round draft pick and worked for minimum wage as he went 11-5, carrying the team on his shoulders as we watched a rookie FA running back take the field, and a crummy defensive backfield on third and long.

Ka-ching!  So Porter gets a legitimate chance too.  BB can get a croquet champion and a rock climber if he wants.