Kevin Faulk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

Kevin Faulk

It's been written on some other posts here that Kevin Faulk is expected back after the Pats bye week in a few weeks.

As a long time Faulk admirer and fan, and more so  appreciative of all his efforts and accomplishments with his long time participation with the Pats, I doubt seriously we'll see him on the field again in a Pats uniform.

I know the Pats organization and Faulk really jell well together, lots of respect there, so I wouldn't be surprized if Kevin comes back in some coaching role, most likely running back coach with all the youth we have in that position now.

Also, heard some rumblings that a coaching job at LSU wasn't out of the questions; he holds a number of records there from his collegiate days; and he's originally from the area.  In any regards, best wishes to wherever he ends up; a class guy who took the fall for his friends' doobies a few years back!
    Go Pats......Sunday's prediction: Pats 37-Jets 17

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Kevin Faulk

Killa calm down....this had nothing to do with Danny woodhead, and I thought the post was fine.  Do you think Faulk is gonna play a big role this year and even if he does we all know his time is coming soon and while other players have expressed they did not want to coach, who are you to say that Faulk does not and even if he doesnt, whats wrong with mentioning if he heard something?

You are def. a true fan and I respect that, we have lots of good discussions but you should change your tone with adressing people.  It sounds too personal. I almost wanna say its in relation to something in your past about sports the way you came off, but i wont assume.

Nobody said Efff Danny cuz he is white....Wow, why did you go there?  I love em both the same and right now Danny is hurt and will be back but either way Vareen is likely the future of the position.  Just because you hate something doesnt mean you attack the person w/out validly knowing what his intentions were. Why do you have hate in your blood anyway? you are a new father....once I had my son, I didnt sweat much anymore...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NE could use Faulk this weekend for sure. Too bad he is still hurt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

Thanks, JayZ, you nailed it.....my initial post had nothing to do at all with Woodhead, other than he being one of the younger backs I was generally refering to; not sure where the 'race' thing came from, I don't look at things in that context; and lastly, my source for the coaching reference came from a person quite knowledgeable about SEC college (scout)  happenings, even though he is more partial to Ole Miss Rebel activities (sorry, Mr Bellino, but Go Tigers; anyway!!!).

I have nothing but respect for Kevin Faulk, my point was is that personally and unfortuantely,  I don't think there is/will be an active spot left for him on this 2011 Pats team when he is eligible to return. 

You can be assurred from game 5 on, there is going to be a much more offensive balanced team with the Pats running attack, look for BJGE and Ridley to carry the ball a whole lot more, and who knows once Vereen makes a presence, what his role and impact will be.  Pats offense needs to stay on field longer to limit opponets offense......football 101 for sure, but a necessity in this Pats defensive rebuiding era......

n Response to Re: Kevin Faulk:
    [QUOTE]Killa calm down....this had nothing to do with Danny woodhead, and I thought the post was fine.  Do you think Faulk is gonna play a big role this year and even if he does we all know his time is coming soon and while other players have expressed they did not want to coach, who are you to say that Faulk does not and even if he doesnt, whats wrong with mentioning if he heard something? You are def. a true fan and I respect that, we have lots of good discussions but you should change your tone with adressing people.  It sounds too personal. I almost wanna say its in relation to something in your past about sports the way you came off, but i wont assume. Nobody said Efff Danny cuz he is white....Wow, why did you go there.  I love em both the same and right now Danny is hurt and will be back but either way Vareen is likely the future of the position.  Just because you hate something doesnt mean you attack the person w/out validly knowing what his intentions were. Why do you have hate in your blood anyway? you are a new father....once I had my son, I didnt sweat much anymore...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Even before he got hurt last year he looked like he lost a step.  You can only perform in this league for so long and for a running back he has played a very long career and then some.  Average shelf life for running backs is like 2.6 years.

He certainly doesnt have anything to be ashamed of from a guy replacing him.

I think he wanted to show he could overcome the injury and if there is a significant injury to the RB core maybe things change, but I see him going to I/R after week 6 unless Brace or Deaderick are not ready then maybe you can afford to have him on the team, But I like him in the mentoring role. Any knowledge he can give the rooks is priceless and shortens their learning curve, so even on the sideline, he is valuble and can still give those inspiring speeches to the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Killa -  I think Kevin comes back this year too. he isnt on PUP for no reason. He may have to wait till someone gets injured but we have until week 11 ?? to activate him.

He is a money player and we will need him in the post season. If we had him in the lineup again the jets last January TB would have had another option.

Yes Yes - hes slowed down but hes still faster than BJG and he can catch the ball out of the back field than any other back they have, TB and Kevin have that same chemistry just like TB and WW or TB and DB.

I read somewhere where TB said to Kevin this week - I ll see you in practice and Kevin responded that hed have to wait 2 more weeks to see him there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

If Faulk is back on the roster that will be 5 running backs!!!! Vareen is our new Faulk. I would much rather have a young Vareen or a woodhead than a 34(not sure of the age)yr old Faulk. I would rather use Faulks roster spot(if he was on the roster)on a DB or anyone that could HELP our D. Do we really need 5 Backs?? I love Faulk and wolud love to see him play but do we NEED him????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Killa, you're right. James B, not so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Faulk is on the PUP list.  People recover in about a year more or less from MCL tears.  If Faulk is his old self (minus a step, because he's old after all) by week 7 (or as late as week 12) then BB will play him.  If not, BB will save Faulk by putting him on Injured Reserve and then try again in 2012.

The PUP list prohibits Faulk from coming back in week 5. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Classy athlete! Faulk is

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and contributed on some level this year. He's still a few weeks away and a lot can happen with our roster in the mean time. The guy knows how to catch and although he's obviously not going to be the same player speed/quickness wise, he'll be in the right spots and god knows he'll catch the ball. Difference maker? No, but maybe the catch we need at a most crucial time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nobody in the league I would rather have next to Tom Brady on 3rd down over Kevin Faulk. I would say Brady,Vinatieri then Faulk as the 1, 2 and 3 on most clutch Patriots of the era.

If he is healthy, he will play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Hmmmmm, he's an older player coming off an ACL injury. He's basically an insurance policy - that's it. For all we know we might get the same performance as Junior Seau - which is serviceable but at the end just not enough of what is needed.  I doubt anyone in this forum actually knows what he can contribute to the team this year.  I would rather have kept Sanders on the team and let Faulk go...

Oh, and I'm sure Faulk was kept as a way of coaching up the younger RBs