Key to Victory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Key to Victory

What is the Pat's key to victory on Sunday?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Key to Victory

Protect Brady.

Win the turnover battle.

Control time of possession.

Oh . . .  wait . . .   I almost fogot . . .

Score more points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Mighty, I think there are several keys, and they only need to use a couple of them to win this game.  They'll need to add another key for each successive game.  I feel your frustration with Wilhite.  I have to go to a tried and true philosophy with regards to him though; whenever someone who is very intelligent (BB) does something that seems dumb (play Wilhite), there is most always a "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" you just don't know.  I can't imagine what it is though.

I'm convinced we will see some trick plays with Edelman this week.  Bruschi said they actually toyed with the idea in training camp.  Brady provided an unsolicited joke this week about Edelman not being able to throw and hit a barn.  I smell a set up...

I'm not so convinced our poor performance last week is an indicator our consistency problems have not been fixed.  Brady's interview Monday alluded strongly to them not really going for broke to win, not calling plays the way they would if they were really trying to win, and even practicing plays they were not going to use.  In other words, they were practicing for the playoffs before the Texans game.  I don't think we really saw a true game plan installed.  I expect the team to look more like it did against the Jags than against the Texans this week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Ball control, eat clock ,keep our defense off the field and Wilhite on the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I'd say they need to bench Wilhite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

carawaydj
    I'm convinced we will see some trick plays with Edelman this week

I'll take the Wr screen to Edelman /backwards pass to Edelman back to Brady then deep to Moss. Like in 07 with Moss to Brady then Gaff deep. Steelers game

Got to admit it would look like the same old same old till it happens

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Don't turn the ball over...

OOHH ... Bench Whilhite

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

A big NASTY ATTITUDE,  from to BB to the waterboy....everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mighty, I don't think we'll see much of Wilhite with Bodden coming back this week. Wilfork and Warren on the line will stuff up the middle and TBC and Burgess have been playing better on the outside. Bottom Line, They can't outscore us if we don't turn the ball over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm going out on a limb here..........

How about: Score more points than the other team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I have to go to a tried and true philosophy with regards to him though; whenever someone who is very intelligent (BB) does something that seems dumb (play Wilhite), there is most always a "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" you just don't know.  I can't imagine what it is though.
    I'm convinced we will see some trick plays with Edelman this week.  Bruschi said they actually toyed with the idea in training camp.  Brady provided an unsolicited joke this week about Edelman not being able to throw and hit a barn.  I smell a set up...
    I'm not so convinced our poor performance last week is an indicator our consistency problems have not been fixed.  Brady's interview Monday alluded strongly to them not really going for broke to win, not calling plays the way they would if they were really trying to win, and even practicing plays they were not going to use.  In other words, they were practicing for the playoffs before the Texans game.
    "

~Just want to say Excellent Post caraway, and even better Patriot-homework this week man.  Also, dwhite, Totally agreed that with our second-half flops, Clock Management becomes critical...Not sure IF it was you, or another poster, who some time back, Made a great analysis of How Tom Brady's formerly top trait of ALL (even more than his arm, accuracy, and pocket-prescence), Was Brady's game-time management-skills; Whether The Team being ahead, and eating up the clock with play audibles while just getting enough each and every set of downs to move the chains, or simply and assuredly placing the team in the cross-hairs to ALWAYS have a shot to come-from behind and win the game in the end. 

Hopefully in the end, It's an intertwining of caraway's and dwhite's notions, In that We haven't seen a team going full-bore with new defensive looks and singularly important play-calling COUPLED with the notion that since N.E. had the Division lead & We wouldn't be able to catch up with SD and Indy for the top seeds, It hasn't mattered for some several games "elimination-time" clock-management, critical production and other "now Let's finish 'em off" mentalities... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

~Just want to say Excellent Post caraway, and even better Patriot-homework this week man.  Also, dwhite, Totally agreed that with our second-half flops, Clock Management becomes critical...Not sure IF it was you, or another poster, who some time back, Made a great analysis of How Tom Brady's formerly top trait of ALL (even more than his arm, accuracy, and pocket-prescence), Was Brady's game-time management-skills; Whether The Team being ahead, and eating up the clock with play audibles while just getting enough each and every set of downs to move the chains, or simply and assuredly placing the team in the cross-hairs to ALWAYS have a shot to come-from behind and win the game in the end. 

Hopefully in the end, It's an intertwining of caraway's and dwhite's notions, In that We haven't seen a team going full-bore with new defensive looks and singularly important play-calling COUPLED with the notion that since N.E. had the Division lead & We wouldn't be able to catch up with SD and Indy for the top seeds, It hasn't mattered for some several games "elimination-time" clock-management, critical production and other "now Let's finish 'em off" mentalities...

That's one idea.  Another is to bench Wilhite.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

So mighty, I get the impression you don't like Whilhite! :) We need to see more ball contol clock killing drives that ens in TD's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Wow, I can't believe all of the votes are to bench Wilhite  :^)

Breer's tale of the tape seems to agree with Mighty.  He says the Texans went with the 3 WR set to get Wilhite onto the field.  Schaub looked for Wilhite in nearly all of those plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter.