Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

I'm interested in seeing how McD calls this game. Dolphins have a solid running D - and I'm interested in seeing how the Patriots RB corps will do.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Keys To Beating Dolphins This Sunday

Same thing they've been doing. Brady ripped them to shreds last season so might as well try to throw on them early.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Only one key to beating them... Don't get food poisoning the night before or day of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same thing they've been doing. Brady ripped them to shreds last season so might as well try to throw on them early.

[/QUOTE]

If the Patriots can get a couple of early TDs ahead early in the game, it may end up in a blowout game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only one key to beating them... Don't get food poisoning the night before or day of the game.

[/QUOTE]

if wins were only that easy. It'll be a trap game if the players think the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope we dont go into halftime losing 17-0 like last time we faced them.

[/QUOTE]

I think some peeps have a short memory :)

Am prepared for a close game, but would welcome a game where we don't have to worry about losing on a final possession.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

On O they just need to control Wake as he accounts for a huge portion of the Phins' pass rush.

On D stop the run and make Tannehill win with his arm.  They have not had a lot of success in games where Tannehill had to throw a lot and he has been INT prone at times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If we get off to an early lead the Phin will turn on the sprinklers to disrupt our timing.  Could be a weclome cool down if it's hot in southbend...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Miami's O Line is below average at best. We need to tee off on them when they try to pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Their pass D is decent and their run D is quite good. Brady and his weapons should be the greater threat.

But the wild card is... will our pass D make the latest Miami chump at QB look like Montana? I don't think so. I think Talib and DMC at safety have improved the unit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope we dont go into halftime losing 17-0 like last time we faced them.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that game was a nightmare of mistakes and penalties, until matt Moore fumbled a snap in the 3rd quarter.  That game was a strange no-show at home for last years team.

Blame it on O'Brien's playcalling and preparation...

This years balanced offense, spreading the ball around with a healthy mix of screens reverses and draws should work well for the offense.

On D, continue mixing in pressure packages to keep tanehill guessing and/or on his back...  This front seven should continue to intimidate opposing qbs at every opportunity. Hightower again in the backfield where he does more damage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their pass D is decent and their run D is quite good. Brady and his weapons should be the greater threat.

But the wild card is... will our pass D make the latest Miami chump at QB look like Montana? I don't think so. I think Talib and DMC at safety have improved the unit.

[/QUOTE]

with jones out, does it affect our pass D?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wonder if the Pats go to a 3-4 this week because of the injuries at DE.  I see Miami trying to run on those outsides if the Pats stay with the 4-3.  Right now the strength of the LB corp looks a whole lot better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

WHat we do on O could very well be determined by the packages Miami puts on the field. As with other opponents if they go small their run D will not be what it has been to date and we will run. If they play it straight then we look for mismatches in coverage and blocking schemes and to use Ridley and Vereen to good effect. Of course Brady is the centerpiece to everything.

On D I think you take away Bush and big plays and then blitz every now and then on thrid and long. Make them make mistakes enough so they cannot keep pace with our O.

If we come to play I do not think it is close. If we are just a little off our game then it will be close and dangerous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i think someone said the patriots are 14-33 in Miami

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Stop the run and bring pressure.......that kid can throw if you Leave him back there to pick you apart. You can't underestimate Bess, he usually tears it up against the Pats.

Offensively I don't think the fish have what it takes, I'd like to see the Pats run as much as possible and completely control this one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah they owned the Pats for a decade and a half, till BB got here.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Fish are 26th in the NFL against the pass.  That's a generic matchup problem against the Patriots. 

Tannehill has been throwing twice as many interceptions as touchdown passes.  That's a problem against the Patriots, who are #1 in the NFL on takeaway differential.  Tannehill is a rookie, and maybe the Patriots' defense performs better against rookie quarterbacks.

The Pats have two starting linemen returning this week.  BB tends to do particularly well when he has extra time to prepare for an opponent. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Boston garden was amazing.  Hard to imagine an outdoor venue creating that much noise and intensity ...  Went to orange bowl for Colorado vs notre dame back in  .....1990... ?  rocket ismail vs. Eric bienemy and Colorado choked away the national championship with fumbles . Also couldn't contain the rocket...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

Brady is 5-5 in Miami, Belichick w/Patriots is 6-6.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd like to see the D continue to improve. Rookie QBs usually means some disguised coverages or disguised blitzes. I'd like to see Tannehill (and by extension his hot girlfriend) confused.

Weather calls for rain.